Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

OK, this scared the bejusus out of me

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

OK, this scared the bejusus out of me

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat May 21, 2016 2:29 am

Barbara Corcoran, NY real estate maven who has a 20 year history with Trump is interviewed by CNN's Erin Burnett. Aside from the fairly amusing reaction from Burnett when Corcoran touches on competing with men in the workplace (Save your mock snootiness Erin, you didn't get hired for your brilliant journalist skills, you hiked up your dress just like Barbara did) I don't have any reason to believe Ms. Corcoran was anything less than honest about her appraisal of Trump. The answer to the last question sent chills down my spine.

TC Shuts Up

Re: OK, this scared the bejusus out of me

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat May 21, 2016 7:52 am

Broadcast "Journalists". Print "Journalists". CEOs. Lawyers. Politicians. All are very likely to be Sociopaths. Barbara Corcoran is called a "Shark" for a reason. She is predatory and will eat you alive. All the people on that panel have obvious character flaws. Their opinions and decisions are not well thought out, they are arrogant, wildly and inconsistently intuitive, and impulsive. I can't watch the show for that and many other reasons. If you have a business proposition, go to a Bank. You stand a better chance with them. I guarantee that Corcoran is no better than Trump.

All of you are ignoring the obvious and devastating lies and crimes of the people they support. All ignoring the truth and common sense of those they oppose. Yet you support one and oppose another because you have a particular agenda, or that they were born with certain characteristics and say that this is their time or this is their turn. That is what's chilling. Confusing a TV show or Hollywood movie with reality is chilling. Tina Fey and Tea Leoni are not running for office. Occupying a government position, doing illegal things, making devastatingly bad decisions and lying about them, and treating people badly does not qualify anyone for higher office. We can no longer pretend that being "nice" to internal and external enemies, both foreign office holders and terrorists, who are trying to take over the world and kill us, and nasty to our political opponents, as though they are the real enemy, is a qualification for high office. It simply doesn't work.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sat May 21, 2016 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 21, 2016 8:04 am

Donald Trump is a dishonest, unethical, extremely litigious, morally bankrupt raving lunatic.

I believe character of any presidential candidate needs to be closely examined. Trump would make Richard Nixon proud. He is a disgusting human being.

The sad thing is - all too many Republicans are willing to turn a blind eye to these vices.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat May 21, 2016 8:20 am

MWmetalhead wrote:Donald Trump is a dishonest, unethical, extremely litigious, morally bankrupt raving lunatic.
That said, he is much better than his presumptive opponent.

Presumptive, because either opponent could be replaced. We won't know who is really running until very late. Biden. Romney. Syrup of Ipecac. Take your pick.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat May 21, 2016 8:40 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:Donald Trump is a dishonest, unethical, extremely litigious, morally bankrupt raving lunatic.
That said, he is much better than his presumptive opponent.

Presumptive, because either opponent could be replaced. We won't know who is really running until very late. Biden. Romney. Syrup of Ipecac. Take your pick.
How about Clinton? See you in 2020...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat May 21, 2016 4:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:The sad thing is - all too many Republicans are willing to turn a blind eye to these vices.
I'll even be charitable and say it's not only Republicans.

I got kind of a wake up call a few days ago. Mrs. Nightfly had an old friend of her's stay with us for a few days last week. Nice enough gal, just getting by and zero political awareness other than Obamacare has been a God-sent to her and Trump is going to get rid of all those pesky illegals that got her in the situation she and her family find themselves in (never mind some fairly poor decision making on their part over the last 30 years) Classic low info voter.

In some ways it was like talking to a rock to explain the health care she's now getting may well go away if Donald is running the show and it's pretty unlikely gas will be two-bits a gallon even if we go in guns blazing to the mid-east. She had bought in, hook, link and sinker exactly what Corcoran who has worked with the man for 20 years said. Great salesman, little more.

(By the way, we got her on the right track and she said she'll be voting for Hillary and also marking her Mother's ballot that way as well. Voter fraud and and twofer vote change! A good day around Casa de Nightfly)

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat May 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:The sad thing is - all too many Republicans are willing to turn a blind eye to these vices.
I'll even be charitable and say it's not only Republicans.

I got kind of a wake up call a few days ago. Mrs. Nightfly had an old friend of her's stay with us for a few days last week. Nice enough gal, just getting by and zero political awareness other than Obamacare has been a God-sent to her and Trump is going to get rid of all those pesky illegals that got her in the situation she and her family find themselves in (never mind some fairly poor decision making on their part over the last 30 years) Classic low info voter.

In some ways it was like talking to a rock to explain the health care she's now getting may well go away if Donald is running the show and it's pretty unlikely gas will be two-bits a gallon even if we go in guns blazing to the mid-east. She had bought in, hook, link and sinker exactly what Corcoran who has worked with the man for 20 years said. Great salesman, little more.

(By the way, we got her on the right track and she said she'll be voting for Hillary and also marking her Mother's ballot that way as well. Voter fraud and and twofer vote change! A good day around Casa de Nightfly)
Casa de Nightfly sounds pretty fancy..

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat May 21, 2016 5:35 pm

NS8401 wrote:Casa de Nightfly sounds pretty fancy..
Flush toilets and running water, hot and cold... the whole works!!!!

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Sat May 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Lester.. you had me thinking that your wife's friend was a relative of mine. He's been on disability from the Government for over 30 years. Hates anything that is Government related and sends out all kinds of erroneous email touting the next great leader (state or fed) to "clean up the mess".
If you try to have a discussion of any kind he screams till you leave. When he had trouble with his checks, the 'Gubmint' walked him through the maze so he would loose nothing. His thanks was what took you so long..... Maybe it's good that his agoraphobia has him house bound, then the regular folks won't have to deal with his,"Shrink the Government but don't let my check be late..!"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:26 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:Lester.. you had me thinking that your wife's friend was a relative of mine. He's been on disability from the Government for over 30 years. Hates anything that is Government related and sends out all kinds of erroneous email touting the next great leader (state or fed) to "clean up the mess".
If you try to have a discussion of any kind he screams till you leave. When he had trouble with his checks, the 'Gubmint' walked him through the maze so he would loose nothing. His thanks was what took you so long..... Maybe it's good that his agoraphobia has him house bound, then the regular folks won't have to deal with his,"Shrink the Government but don't let my check be late..!"
They have a lot of people fooled...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun May 22, 2016 1:13 am

tapeisrolling wrote:Lester.. you had me thinking that your wife's friend was a relative of mine. He's been on disability from the Government for over 30 years. Hates anything that is Government related and sends out all kinds of erroneous email touting the next great leader (state or fed) to "clean up the mess".
I suspect there are far more folks with that mindset than anyone is willing to admit.

Thanks for the good post!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun May 22, 2016 2:15 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:Syrup of Ipecac.
Funnily enough, both candidates have the same effect on me as the ipecac does.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun May 22, 2016 2:36 am

I've been finding as of late that the more I talk to people from all walks of life about this, the candidate and the demographics of who would vote for who is astounding to me. The people that I find that are choosing Trump or Clinton tend to be a little less educated (or at least present themselves that way), tend to be slightly less "informed" as Mr. Nightfly described earlier, and are very thick-skulled and refuse to listen to any reason or take in any facts.

On the other hand, those that planned on voting Republican would have preferred somebody (and more specifically) John Kasich, tend to be more levelheaded, more rational, and are folks more willing to have a spirited discussion about issues and tend to be more informed and are always interested in learning more. And while I've seen plenty more on the younger side that plan on voting Democrat, they much prefer Bernie to Hillary. The narrative is that while the youth vote generally leans left, I very rarely hear of any of them planning on voting her in. And again, the demographics are astounding. To hear many on the right, and even some moderates tell it, the average Bernie voter is living on welfare, refuses to work, wants everything handed to them, feels that government is the antidote to personal and national ills, and it couldn't be further from the truth. I can't deny that there is probably a segment of voters like this, but the ones I have spoken to are hard workers, continuing their education to make something of themselves (and do NOT expect free college or to have their debts forgiven), and have been well-informed and very intelligent people. They don't want a handout. They don't want to simply live off the government. Therefore, given the right's narrative of him, I cannot say with absolute certainty what his appeal is then, since the story goes that while one hand is voting for Bernie, the other hand is stretched out. What I believe is, when it comes to Trump and Hillary, that we are dealing with the cult of personality in full force. The one fly in the ointment of this is a cousin of mine who, no matter what, will always fall in line with the left and their agenda. He, too, is educated and a very smart man, but he is what is referred to as a "Limousine Liberal". Think of the South Park episode where everyone enjoys the smell of their own farts...needless to say, I've hidden his posts on my Facebook and leave the table at Thanksgiving when politics comes up. Oh! Its 2:35...probably time for another "Bernie Blowing" post from him.

I still think I'm writing in Kasich myself.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 22, 2016 7:10 pm

You clearly are not employed in broadcasting.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun May 22, 2016 10:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
You clearly are not employed in broadcasting.
Ah... ya' never know, I may have been a consultant which is where all the big money is at anyway. Tell client what they should already know and/or what they want to hear - cash check - retreat poolside with umbrella cocktail. Wash, rinse, repeat. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic