Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
JackAttack FM

Re: Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:22 pm

bmw wrote:I don't know what Matt and Jack are smoking, but I want some of it

There is absolutely NO WAY Trump gets dumped at the convention. Zero chance. Not gonna happen. You're living in fantasy land if you think this is anything beyond a fantasy. What this movement amounts to is some crybaby politicians who are throwing a temper tantrum over the voter's choice of a candidate.
Spoken just like Trump. When the arguement is lost come up with personal attacks.
That kind of desperation is also a sign of confidence lost in the candidate.

Again, this is not about what I think, this is actually what is happening.
bmw wrote: And nobody ever gets their way as a result of throwing a tantrum.
A good reason why Trump won't become president.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:
NS8' wrote:4 of your 6 won't do it... That leaves Bush or Kasich, but again it looks bad to do that at this stage.
Which four will not? Where does that come from? And why does it look bad at this stage and where does that come from?
And isn't that what you need Ohio and Florida.

BTW, these are politicians we're talking about. I could count on one hand the number I've covered and seen that have said one thing and haven't done another.
Rubio, Ryan, Cruz and there's a fourth one that isn't Bush or Kasich. Ryan said no already, no way no how in fact. Rubio couldn't even win Florida in the primary. Cruz wants to run in 2020 so why would he attach his chances to being an emergency candidate in a losing year rather than starting from scratch?

Bush maybe but that name is anathema to the voters. Kasich doesn't do anything for the base... He's too moderate. Who does that leave that can unite the GOP AND win? I got nothing...

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:33 pm

NS8401 wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:
NS8' wrote:4 of your 6 won't do it... That leaves Bush or Kasich, but again it looks bad to do that at this stage.
Which four will not? Where does that come from? And why does it look bad at this stage and where does that come from?

BTW, these are politicians we're talking about. I could count on one hand the number I've covered and seen that have said one thing and haven't done another.
Rubio, Ryan, Cruz and there's a fourth one that isn't Bush or Kasich. Ryan said no already, no way no how in fact. Rubio couldn't even win Florida in the primary. Cruz wants to run in 2020 so why would he attach his chances to being an emergency candidate in a losing year rather than starting from scratch?

Bush maybe but that name is anathema to the voters. Kasich doesn't do anything for the base... He's too moderate. Who does that leave that can unite the GOP AND win? I got nothing...
So, where does all this come from? Republicans in Florida are stepping aside tripping over each other to make way for Rubio if he decides to run again for the Senate.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:36 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:Spoken just like Trump. When the arguement is lost come up with personal attacks. That kind of desperation is also a sign of confidence lost in the candidate.

What argument? There is no argument. Trump won the nomination fair and square. The fact that a relatively small group delegates and politicians is trying to change the rules after the fact is a non-story. What evidence do you have that such a move has any chance of success?

Trump won the nomination by the rules, and absent a rule change, he IS the nominee.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:11 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:

So, where does all this come from? Republicans in Florida are stepping aside tripping over each other to make way for Rubio if he decides to run again for the Senate.
There's that too... The most obvious guys won't be running for this last ditch effort...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:Ted Haney Cruz got an impressive 11%, and this hate monger was the second place candidate?
I think you're confusing your "hate monger" candidates...
Hillary was caught on record blurting out the terms 'stupid k**e' and 'f***ing Jew b*****d'
Hillary Clinton once called disabled children at an Easter egg hunt 'f***ing ree-tards'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lover.html

She's a regular Paula Deen. But less useful.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:Ted Haney Cruz got an impressive 11%, and this hate monger was the second place candidate?
Hillary was caught on record blurting out the terms 'stupid k**e' and 'f***ing Jew b*****d'
Hillary Clinton once called disabled children at an Easter egg hunt 'f***ing ree-tards'

Keep that liberal media dominated positive in the tank for Hillary press flowing there slappy... :lol:

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Bryce wrote:

Ahhhh, The Daily Mail... it's like Weekly World News with bad teeth.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Ahhhh, The Daily Mail... it's like Weekly World News with bad teeth.
..and without Bat Boy

(although that child does have himself a grill full of British Chiclets)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Don't be disrespecting the next leader of the free world this way. Better prepare your concession speech whitey.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:31 am

bmw wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:Spoken just like Trump. When the arguement is lost come up with personal attacks. That kind of desperation is also a sign of confidence lost in the candidate.

What argument? There is no argument. Trump won the nomination fair and square. The fact that a relatively small group delegates and politicians is trying to change the rules after the fact is a non-story. What evidence do you have that such a move has any chance of success?

Trump won the nomination by the rules, and absent a rule change, he IS the nominee.
44% is fair and square? 56% did NOT want him, and your bullshit about not rallying around someone else is irrelevant, because as I stated most do not want him. Four years ago, Mitt Romney won 52% of the primary vote and beat his closest competitor by 6 million votes. That's a little more impressive than your hero, Dipshit Donnie who is going to get his ass absolutely smoked in the election.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:57 am

So wouldn't logic tell you that if Mitt won with 52%, then got trounced by the (now) most popular leader on the planet, that ANY GOP candidate will be killed by Hillary, who beat the populist democratic candidate?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 am

Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

44% is fair and square? 56% did NOT want him, and your bullshit about not rallying around someone else is irrelevant, because as I stated most do not want him. Four years ago, Mitt Romney won 52% of the primary vote and beat his closest competitor by 6 million votes. That's a little more impressive than your hero, Dipshit Donnie who is going to get his ass absolutely smoked in the election.
But you couldn't turn that 56% into one candidate... Each wing of your splintered party had to have a guy up there to voice its opposition to the Trump wing.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:50 pm

Matt wrote:
44% is fair and square? 56% did NOT want him, and your bullshit about not rallying around someone else is irrelevant, because as I stated most do not want him.
Oh, so not only does a nominee require a majority of delegates (which Trump handily got), but in your world they also require a majority of votes cast in the primaries in order for the victory to be "fair and square" ?

Fair and square means he played by the rules set up by the RNC and won the nomination.

As to the lack of rallying around somebody else, that absolutely is relevant, because that was the only way to stop Trump from getting the nomination. Unfortunately, as NS pointed out, the party was so fractured that it never happened. Plus, I would add that there were too many egos involved who underestimated Trump and his ability to win, and they didn't take him seriously until it was too late.

Only now that it is too late do people who support the losers want to change the rules and steal the nomination.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:57 pm

http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-conten ... ection.pdf

:rollin :rollin :rollin

51-39 Clinton

The clown is going to get steamrolled.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic