Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Circle Seven

Re: Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 am

NS8401 wrote: Let's wait till after both conventions when the "race" is actually being run... Polls now should be taken with an ocean of salt...
Exactly my point of view.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:54 am

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:08 am

I predict Trump will continue his style of unconvention now post-convention and quickly dump Mike Pence. Instead Trump will take a new man on the ticket who Trump perceives as stronger in both appearance and tone. I predict he'll take a plain talkin' military leader, a black law enforcement man outspoken on anti-BLM (Dallas police chief, sheriff from Wisconsin) or someone Trump feels is a politically incorrect "attractive second banana" attack dog against Hillary.

His vibe toward Pence ... is pensive.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:13 am

screen glare wrote:I predict Trump will continue his style of unconvention now post-convention and quickly dump Mike Pence. Instead Trump will take a new man on the ticket who Trump perceives as stronger in both appearance and tone. I predict he'll take a plain talkin' military leader, a black law enforcement man outspoken on anti-BLM (Dallas police chief, sheriff from Wisconsin) or someone Trump feels is a politically incorrect "attractive second banana" attack dog against Hillary.

His vibe toward Pence ... is pensive.
Pence did reasonably well for an uninspiring speaker...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:32 am

I don't see Trump remaining uncomfortable over the next four months with Pence as his VP.

I think being "uninspiring" and doing "reasonably well" is just too damn dull in Trump's book.

I really believe Trump requires more fire. Just not a forrest fire that could out-shine him.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:06 am

He should have got Gingrich then.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:36 am

"Mild Mike" Pence and his wife surely realize by now that out of everything he's done over his political career - the thing he'll be remembered for most is his association with Donald Trump. Why? Because Trump will stand out in history as a banana republic strong man wannabe type who nearly captured the U-S presidency.

Historians will chronicle all Trump's dangerous, hotheaded, ignorant words and actions Pence reluctantly had to publicly defend. And he'll be remembered as the man who strived to live his life by his Christian ideals - then suddenly sold his soul on a gamble: join Trump as a short cut to Pence's own run for president - on Trump's coattails.

The question is - can Mr. And Mrs. Pence and their kids withstand the hypocrisy they've traded for expedience? If it rattles them too much and they start coming apart as a family - maybe Pence will dump Trump instead of Trump dumping him.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Hmmm.

I noticed Pence was alternating between almost laughing and shaking his head while Trump was blowing his stack over Cruz.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:21 am

audiophile wrote:Hmmm.

I noticed Pence was alternating between almost laughing and shaking his head while Trump was blowing his stack over Cruz.
Did you notice all the Dole people present during the convention. I wonder if they played a role in encouraging T Rump to try and destroy Cruz and lessen his impact in the Senate. While the establishment Republicans are leary of T Rump, they out and out hate Cruz.

Integrity and honoring campaign promises just can't be allowed you know.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Remember when bmw started this thread?

Hahahahahahaha

My - how quickly Trump has fired himself.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

And he did it all with his big fat mouth, half
a brain, thin skin, short fingers, and goofy hair.
Fortunately - NOT the future presidential body
politic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:54 am

Clinton's latest health issue as well as her deplorable comment may yet lose this race for her. The reality is that neither of these awful candidates could not win a race where they weren't facing the other.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:39 am

Matt wrote:Clinton's latest health issue as well as her deplorable comment may yet lose this race for her. The reality is that neither of these awful candidates could not win a race where they weren't facing the other.
True that... Good god almighty they suck...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:13 am

Agreed.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 am

Disagree. Trump could have beaten Bernie. I know Bernie led him by a lot in the head-to-head, but I just can't picture him having done well among independents given how far left he really was.

My original May 19 prediction:
Popular vote predictions:
46 Trump
45 Hillary
6 Libertarian

The electoral college will be razor-tight. I'm going 272-266.
---------------------
4 months later, that looks not far off. Though looking at the current electoral map, this could be as tight as 270-268.

Of the RCP toss-up states, I automatically give Georgia, Missouri, and Arizona to Trump. I also at this point concede Wisconsin and Pennsylvania to Hillary.

That leaves:
Florida
Ohio
Iowa
North Carolina
Nevada
Virginia
New Hampshire
Maine CD2

The margins are close enough that if the mood remains where it is, and the anti-Trump republicans hold their nose and vote Trump (which I think a fair number will), then the close states go to Trump. He takes Florida, Ohio, Iowa, North Carolina, Maine CD2, and Nevada. Virginia probably goes Hillary.

That leaves....NEW HAMPSHIRE. This will be the swing state that determines the election. Right now it leans Hillary, and if it does go Hillary, Trump would need to take either Virginia, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin.

If Trump manages to say or do something REALLY stupid (which still isn't outside the realm of possibility) then all those close states go to Hillary, and she could win something like 346-192.

Overall the map heavily favors Hillary, but she's doing everything possible to blow it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 am

Hillary wins. She'll eek by. But she'll win. Count on it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic