Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm not quite in the "Never Trump" crowd, but I gotta say, it won't take much for me to move there.

90 days ago - I would've never voted for Hillary. Today - I am actually not ruling out that possibility.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Matt wrote:http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-conten ... ection.pdf

:rollin :rollin :rollin

51-39 Clinton

The clown is going to get steamrolled.
This was the year to run a real conservative. Unfortunately Trump is more of grab bag - you have no idea what the heck you're getting!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:47 pm

audiophile wrote:
Matt wrote:http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-conten ... ection.pdf

:rollin :rollin :rollin

51-39 Clinton

The clown is going to get steamrolled.
This was the year to run a real conservative. Unfortunately Trump is more of grab bag - you have no idea what the heck you're getting!
Just like Forest Gump's box of chocolates.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:36 am

Trump hasn't won anything yet.
The primaries chose the delegates and the delegates choose the nominee.

And as far as I've seen the GOP delegates haven't chosen anyone yet.

"A small group of delegates"? You mean like the now hundreds of delegates that are participating in this?
In this "little non-story" that's being covered by the Washington Post, NBC News, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, the Chicago Tribune, AP and Fortune and Time magazines.

What evidence do I have it will work? None.
What' evidence is there it won't? None.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:58 am

JackAttack FM wrote:The primaries chose the delegates and the delegates choose the nominee.
That only applies to the unbound delegates. In the case of the bound delegates, the voters effectively choose the nominee.

Important detail.

jry

Post by jry » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Todays Rasmussen has Trump up by 4. Among likely voters, Trump has 43% to the witches 39.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:19 pm

It is still a very close race. While Hillary has the edge in a number of swing states, it is not a big lead.

Looking at the electoral map, Florida is the state that has to be most concerning for Trump. If Florida goes democrat, Trump has to nearly run the table in a number of other swing states.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:11 pm

bmw wrote:It is still a very close race. While Hillary has the edge in a number of swing states, it is not a big lead.

Looking at the electoral map, Florida is the state that has to be most concerning for Trump. If Florida goes democrat, Trump has to nearly run the table in a number of other swing states.
No, its not. Trump is going to be lucky to get 180 electoral votes. He's getting his ass kicked in most national polls. Hell he's behind by six in the slurp slurp slurp, I mean FOX News poll. He's doing terribly in swing states:

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballotpedia%27s ... poll,_2016

Florida: Clinton +14
Iowa: Clinton +4
Michigan: Clinton +17
North Carolina: Clinton +10
Ohio: Clinton +9
Pennsylvania: Clinton +14
Virginia: Clinton +7

You Trumpkins are in for a rough election night.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Really? Ballotpedia?

Those numbers aren't anywhere close to the polling averages on Real Clear Politics.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:35 pm

bmw wrote:Really? Ballotpedia?

Those numbers aren't anywhere close to the polling averages on Real Clear Politics.
Just for the record I've been using RCP for the polls thread so that's the only aggregator I trust...

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
bmw wrote:Trump is at 1542 delegates. That is +305 over what is required. You really think there's a chance that not only do they get a rule change, but that over 300 delegates will jump ship?

That is such a long shot that even sports books are no longer offering action on who will be the nominee.

Denying Trump the nomination at this stage in the game would not save the party - it would destroy it.
It doesn't matter what I think. These are events that are taking place.
The GOP is maneuvering themselves into a position to dump the guy at the convention.
And it doesn't matter what Vegas thinks either. They're out to make money.

Is it possible hundreds of delegates could vote their "conscience"?...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

There's 127 unbound delegates. Which leaves Trump 1,415 bound. Which puts you at about 180 delegates that would need to be allowed to vote their "conscience." And only 57 votes needed on the rules committee to allow them to do that.
When you put the actual numbers in front of this, anything is possible.

And thinking that not choosing a nominee who can barely get out of the 30's in polls, can't raise enough money and by his rhetoric can't campaign with other Republicans is going to wreck the party is absurd.
As I said, this was never more than fantasy talk.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/15 ... -is-yours/

The vote wasn't even close.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:16 pm

bmw wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:
bmw wrote:Trump is at 1542 delegates. That is +305 over what is required. You really think there's a chance that not only do they get a rule change, but that over 300 delegates will jump ship?

That is such a long shot that even sports books are no longer offering action on who will be the nominee.

Denying Trump the nomination at this stage in the game would not save the party - it would destroy it.
It doesn't matter what I think. These are events that are taking place.
The GOP is maneuvering themselves into a position to dump the guy at the convention.
And it doesn't matter what Vegas thinks either. They're out to make money.

Is it possible hundreds of delegates could vote their "conscience"?...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

There's 127 unbound delegates. Which leaves Trump 1,415 bound. Which puts you at about 180 delegates that would need to be allowed to vote their "conscience." And only 57 votes needed on the rules committee to allow them to do that.
When you put the actual numbers in front of this, anything is possible.

And thinking that not choosing a nominee who can barely get out of the 30's in polls, can't raise enough money and by his rhetoric can't campaign with other Republicans is going to wreck the party is absurd.
As I said, this was never more than fantasy talk.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/15 ... -is-yours/

The vote wasn't even close.
He was desperate...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Both parties are probably thinking right now, "If we only had a different candidate, we could win this election in a landslide."

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Both parties are probably thinking right now, "If we only had a different candidate, we could win this election in a landslide."
I know that this is the general consensus, but if you can't make it out of your own party's primary, how are you supposed to win a general election?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:00 pm

bmw wrote:I know that this is the general consensus, but if you can't make it out of your own party's primary, how are you supposed to win a general election?
But both parties has plenty of choices and both parties made bad choices.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic