Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pro Lifers should be Anti Gun

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Most Pro Lifers are hypocrites. Because deaths due to Guns are the #3 cause of unnatural death in the US, about to surpass vehicle accidents. How can a pro lifer justify supporting a killing machine?

http://www.armoroflightfilm.com/#_about-the-film

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Re: Pro Lifers should be Anti Gun

Post by screen glare » Tue May 10, 2016 7:25 pm

That's similar to so called pro life individuals and groups trying to prevent the legal choice of abortion while supporting the death penalty, and the right to buy and sell and fire assault weapons.

They're NOT pro life. They're anti abortion.

And of course abortion will ALWAYS be an option - legal or not. As it has been in every corner of the world since pregnant females roamed the earth - many DETERMINED not to have a baby. Where there's a will there's a way. Even if they die trying.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Maintaining that banning guns will eliminate gun deaths or murder is akin to thinking that banning Doctors will end abortions.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 10, 2016 7:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:Most Pro Lifers are hypocrites. Because deaths due to Guns are the #3 cause of unnatural death in the US, about to surpass vehicle accidents. How can a pro lifer justify supporting a killing machine?

http://www.armoroflightfilm.com/#_about-the-film
I'm not a gun fan, but the constitution is a must read...stat.

Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you will use it. And self defense is not murder.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 10, 2016 8:30 pm

The subject line is such a perfectly logical statement, no further elaboration was even necessary. How could anyone even dispute it?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 10, 2016 8:49 pm

There is almost 100% chance someone will die from an abortion. (700,000 per year in US)
(0.2 % of population is aborted each year.)

Only a tiny percentage of guns are involved in a death of a person (9,000 per year in us) and there are more guns than persons in the US.
(0.003% is gun related homicides)

TCT your passion very is displaced...

In other words, pick a fight worth fighting...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue May 10, 2016 9:29 pm

If you are Pro Life... Then you must also be anti death penalty. Life is life right?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 pm

I am.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue May 10, 2016 11:14 pm

The Roman Catholic Church is officially pro life. That means it is anti abortion, anti contraception, anti euthanasia, and anti death penalty. At least it is consistent. And that is what all pro life individuals and groups should strive to be - consistent. Otherwise they are not pro life. They are only anti abortion.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:03 am

audiophile wrote:I am.
The trouble is that most support one while vehemently opposing the other. Most could care less once the kid is born.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 11, 2016 7:59 am

TT once stated something that applies here:

A car is a tool to transport you from A to B. Cars can also kill.

A knife's primary uses are numerous, mostly for cutting. Knives can also kill

A Gun is designed to kill. You can't open a can or change the TV channel with one, killing is its purpose.

So if you support guns you do support killing. Audio, as for the second amendment, are you suggesting you are putting country before God? No where is the constitution does it say abortion is not permitted. With your logic, you should be totally fine with abortion.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 11, 2016 9:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
A Gun is designed to kill. You can't open a can or change the TV channel with one, killing is its purpose.
And as such it's a useful tool. It depends on who or what is being killed.

If a group of five large bad guys, with perfectly legal baseball bats, break into your home in the middle of the night, would it be a useful tool to have? Might just the fact that the homeowner may have a gun make the bad guys have second thoughts about entering in the first place?

To me, except for hunting, a guns most useful purpose is that of a deterrent. Do you think it's a coincidence that pretty much all of the mass shootings we have experienced have been in gun free zones?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:29 am

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
And as such it's a useful tool. It depends on who or what is being killed.

If a group of five large bad guys, with perfectly legal baseball bats, break into your home in the middle of the night, would it be a useful tool to have? Might just the fact that the homeowner may have a gun make the bad guys have second thoughts about entering in the first place?

To me, except for hunting, a guns most useful purpose is that of a deterrent. Do you think it's a coincidence that pretty much all of the mass shootings we have experienced have been in gun free zones?
It's a big leap to assume that someone who is packing can overcome fear and pull that gun out and fire it accurately the same way a trained police officer or military officer could... Civilians generally don't have that kind of ability... They can try I suppose...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 11, 2016 10:45 am

You missed my deterrent point.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 11, 2016 11:00 am

Bryce wrote:You missed my deterrent point.
So the same scriptures for killing unborn children doesn't apply to killing a fellow man? Your typical pro gun speak doesn't work when applied to the 1st commandment. It's sin plain and simple.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic