Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How to Kill the Internet

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

How to Kill the Internet

Post by audiophile » Mon May 02, 2016 11:07 am

FCC lied to us...no surprise...government is killing us.

The new Internet rules put access to selected content through mobile subscriptions at risk. The Federal Communications Commission is considering a ban on inexpensive plans, including selected Web access, offered by T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon to millions of Americans. Similar regulations in India prohibited Facebook’s Free Basics for daring to offer a free version of the Internet.

As a federal appeals court in Washington considers whether to invalidate Obamanet regulations, the FCC is doubling down. Last week the Democratic majority voted for the first time to regulate the price of business broadband, such as the dedicated lines linking banks to ATMs.

That’s just the latest violation of Chairman Tom Wheeler’s many pledges that his agency wouldn’t set prices. These regulations will further discourage needed investment in broadband.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-kill ... 1462139582

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Re: How to Kill the Internet

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:15 pm

audiophile wrote:FCC lied to us...no surprise...government is killing us.

The new Internet rules put access to selected content through mobile subscriptions at risk. The Federal Communications Commission is considering a ban on inexpensive plans, including selected Web access, offered by T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon to millions of Americans. Similar regulations in India prohibited Facebook’s Free Basics for daring to offer a free version of the Internet.

As a federal appeals court in Washington considers whether to invalidate Obamanet regulations, the FCC is doubling down. Last week the Democratic majority voted for the first time to regulate the price of business broadband, such as the dedicated lines linking banks to ATMs.

That’s just the latest violation of Chairman Tom Wheeler’s many pledges that his agency wouldn’t set prices. These regulations will further discourage needed investment in broadband.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-kill ... 1462139582
It's all pro capitalism... What better than to regulate companies into making more money?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 02, 2016 1:06 pm

I had the opportunity to start an ISP to area that has no broadband...but all this regulation changed my mind, so the hardware I bought sits collecting dust.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:09 pm

audiophile wrote:I had the opportunity to start an ISP to area that has no broadband...but all this regulation changed my mind, so the hardware I bought sits collecting dust.
Then be a wimp... It may change your mind but that's your problem...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 02, 2016 1:17 pm

Why pour money down a drain?

No way you can make it with net-neutrality and being a small ISP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:24 pm

audiophile wrote:Why pour money down a drain?

No way you can make it with net-neutrality and being a small ISP.
Gave up without even trying.. If you tried and failed because of it you would get more sympathy...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Sometimes you need know when to stop. The monthly payment for the T-1 lines won't stop after the contract was signed.

I'm not asking for sympathy - just that the Net Neutrality was the final nail.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:02 pm

audiophile wrote:Sometimes you need know when to stop. The monthly payment for the T-1 lines won't stop after the contract was signed.

I'm not asking for sympathy - just that the Net Neutrality was the final nail.
And thus you've been killed off, the big boys are pleased. Carry on...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic