Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's over already!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

It's over already!

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 pm

The republican race has been over for some time now, but tonight seals the deal. The media needs to stop pretending like Trump is going to go to the convention 100 or 150 delegates short of winning on the first ballot.

At absolute worst, he'll be 20 or 30 short. But I think he gets to 1237 EASILY.

Cruz and Kasich should both drop out, IMO.

EDIT - also worth pointing out is that Trump NEVER TRAILED in the real clear politics national poll average once he took the lead only weeks after he entered the race. Given the size of the field, that was an impressive feat.

Bryce

Re: It's over already!

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Swell...

Now there's a real possibility that both candidates with have court appearances during the presidential campaign.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Bryce wrote:Swell...

Now there's a real possibility that both candidates with have court appearances during the presidential campaign.
I am really enjoying this season... Hillary has been cleared, she's not going to see anymore hassles about her phone. If that's the best the GOP has, she's in good shape.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:

I am really enjoying this season... Hillary has been cleared, she's not going to see anymore hassles about her phone. If that's the best the GOP has, she's in good shape.
Me thinks the FBI may differ with you.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Again, they'd hand pulled that trigger by now... Hold out faint hope if it pleases your ego but don't hold your breath...

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:24 am

Looks like Trump gets at least 56 delegates in Pennsylvania, Cruz gets 2, and 13 are undecided/uncommitted.

That brings Trump's number to 993. New Jersey is a given, so that puts him at 1044. West Virginia's rules are such that he should get at least 31 out of 34 delegates there given his 20 point lead. That brings him to 1077.

This means he only needs 162 out of 417, or 38.8 percent of what is left.

That is a far cry from the 58% he needed just 2 days ago.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:55 am

PA was beauty contest - none of the delegates are bound and nobody had to state their position.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:46 pm

And you think the PA delegates will vote for who? They sure won't vote for Cruz. Kaisch, maybe.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:02 am

TC Talks wrote:And you think the PA delegates will vote for who? They sure won't vote for Cruz. Kaisch, maybe.
Mostly for trump... The GOP has jumped the shark...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:35 am

NS8401 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:And you think the PA delegates will vote for who? They sure won't vote for Cruz. Kaisch, maybe.
Mostly for trump... The GOP has jumped the shark...
Amen to that.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
"There is no question that Secretary Clinton had authority to delete personal emails without agency supervision - she appropriately could have done so even if she were working on a government server," Department of Justice lawyers told a judge.

U.S. Justice Department lawyers told a federal court Wednesday that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email account was not against the law, nor was it illegal for her to unilaterally determine which messages were considered work-related and necessary to return to the State Department for record keeping.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
"There is no question that Secretary Clinton had authority to delete personal emails without agency supervision - she appropriately could have done so even if she were working on a government server," Department of Justice lawyers told a judge.

U.S. Justice Department lawyers told a federal court Wednesday that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email account was not against the law, nor was it illegal for her to unilaterally determine which messages were considered work-related and necessary to return to the State Department for record keeping.
Like I say... There isn't anything there...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Yep...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:13 am

TC Talks wrote: "There is no question that Secretary Clinton had authority to delete personal emails without agency supervision - she appropriately could have done so even if she were working on a government server," Department of Justice lawyers told a judge.

"U.S. Justice Department lawyers told a court on Wednesday." Yeah, Wednesday, September 9th, 2015. Yet the F.B.I. investigation continues. Top aids are being interviewed.

You'll forgive me if the opinion of lawyers from the most corrupt and politically motivated Justice Department in modern history doesn't impress me.

Here's another opinion by the notorious "right wing" :razz Columnist H. A. Goodman...
Since your (the FBI) investigation has taken so long, many people believe that nothing has been found, or simply that Clinton is too powerful to face any serious repercussions. Any attempt to warn people that Hillary Clinton could realistically face criminal indictments is either viewed as a Republican scare tactic, or lunacy.

The massive group think within the Democratic Party, fostered by years of circumventing political scandals, has literally altered the mindset of normally rational individuals, and voters.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodm ... 84334.html

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:51 pm

Unfortunately, we don't like in Bryce's. "I wish it was like this" land. Everything is a conspiracy theory unless it goes your way. Sorry to break the news, the email server isn't an issue.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic