Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's over already!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
JackAttack FM

Re: It's over already!

Post by JackAttack FM » Sun May 01, 2016 12:38 am

Unfortunately, we don't [live] in Bryce's. "I wish it was like this" land. Everything is a conspiracy theory unless it goes your way. Sorry to break the news, the email server isn't an issue.
To be honest I don't give a crap about it either. And a poll last fall said the majority of Americans said as much.

I care more about somebody e-mailing while they're driving then what Yahoo address she's using to make lunch plans.

What does bother me about it is that it might give an indication that she may have weak organizational skills. Or, that she's not going to staff someone to give her a heads up on what the correct protocol would be.
I'm not going to vote for the woman. I'm not in her camp politically... far from it. But, this toothpick and tweezers crap about e-mail is old. And its not what could cost her votes.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 01, 2016 9:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:Unfortunately, we don't like in Bryce's. "I wish it was like this" land. Everything is a conspiracy theory unless it goes your way. Sorry to break the news, the email server isn't an issue.
There are 100 agents assigned to this investigation and I'm living in a fantasy land?

So, the FBI is just wasting that manpower on a non issue?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Mon May 02, 2016 12:17 am

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:Unfortunately, we don't like in Bryce's. "I wish it was like this" land. Everything is a conspiracy theory unless it goes your way. Sorry to break the news, the email server isn't an issue.
There are 100 agents assigned to this investigation and I'm living in a fantasy land?

You mean like finding Jimmy Hoffa's body?

They're legally bound to investigate breaches or possible breaches of classified information.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:42 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
Bryce wrote:

You mean like finding Jimmy Hoffa's body?

They're legally bound to investigate breaches or possible breaches of classified information.
And that means that it doesn't matter what the odds of wrongdoing are...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 02, 2016 8:22 am

Well, I guess we shall see. Personally, I don't know how any reasonable individual, even with what little we already know, (I'm sure the FBI knows more) wouldn't feel she is in violation of section 793, subsection f of the penal code.

Code: Select all

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
Much is being said about "intent" in the press. "Intent" is needed to prosecute. According to subsection f, (1) intent is not needed. Just gross negligence. You know, like storing sensitive information on a server in a barn at your house.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:52 am

Bryce wrote:Well, I guess we shall see. Personally, I don't know how any reasonable individual, even with what little we already know, (I'm sure the FBI knows more) wouldn't feel she is in violation of section 793, subsection f of the penal code.

Code: Select all

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
Much is being said about "intent" in the press. "Intent" is needed to prosecute. According to subsection f, (1) intent is not needed. Just gross negligence. You know, like storing sensitive information on a server in a barn at your house.
But if it was later classified that's important... It's everything to the case... Other officials like Colon Powell have been in that exact position. It's not a crime if it was later deemed classified which happens all the time. It's a thin thin case...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon May 02, 2016 9:08 am

Bryce wrote:Swell...

Now there's a real possibility that both candidates with have court appearances during the presidential campaign.
The more I think about it, the more it just kills me. The office of the President of the United States used to stand for something. While I admit that there has been politicking and scandals dating all the way back to Washington and Adams, there always seemed to be integrity...honor...the office that was respected and held in such a high degree. To serve your nation and your people. I can only imagine what it's like for people like you, Bryce, that have more years and more experience than myself. I believe that the only president in my lifetime that truly respected the office and the position was Reagan. A man who came from nothing and became COC and truly loved his country and respected the office. Clinton as well, but to a lesser degree. We all know what he was up to; that doesn't change the fact that he did fairly well as president also. But I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for those that went from Roosevelt to Sanders...Eisenhower to Cruz...Kennedy to Hillary. It is absolutely pathetic. Carter may not have been a great president, but he was an exceptional human being. The race to become, and the position of president, have become nothing more than a circus, entertainment, just another tabloid fodder TV show, designed to get ratings, to see who can be more outrageous, more outlandish, who can stir the pot, and who can create the most sound bites. It's a small wonder why we ourselves, and many nations around the world, don't respect us, don't take us seriously, and why I feel our standing on the world stage is diminished year after year. I feel that of all the candidates, Kaisich comes off as the most professional, most presidential, who wants the job for the right reasons, and he doesn't stand a chance in hell. Bryce, when you declared that both front runners of both parties, are either under investigation or have hearings regarding wrong doing, and they both stand a chance of becoming leader of this great land, it really opened my eyes as to what the reality of our situation is here. And I wouldn't trust Ted Cruz as far as I could throw him, even though three years ago, I thought he truly had potential.

I shudder when I think of what this country stands to become in the next ten to 20 years if we keep on this trajectory. And I would be hard pressed to find many folks that don't feel the same way, if not more passionately, than me.

OTOH, it's nice to see that the approval rating of Congress is back up to a whopping 14%. Now I understand why so many are against a large government. Too many clowns in this circus.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:18 am

Mega Hertz wrote:

Now there's a real possibility that both candidates with have court appearances during the presidential campaign.
The more I think about it, the more it just kills me. The office of the President of the United States used to stand for something. While I admit that there has been politicking and scandals dating all the way back to Washington and Adams, there always seemed to be integrity...honor...the office that was respected and held in such a high degree. To serve your nation and your people. I can only imagine what it's like for people like you, Bryce, that have more years and more experience than myself. I believe that the only president in my lifetime that truly respected the office and the position was Reagan. A man who came from nothing and became COC and truly loved his country and respected the office. Clinton as well, but to a lesser degree. We all know what he was up to; that doesn't change the fact that he did fairly well as president also. But I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for those that went from Roosevelt to Sanders...Eisenhower to Cruz...Kennedy to Hillary. It is absolutely pathetic. Carter may not have been a great president, but he was an exceptional human being. The race to become, and the position of president, have become nothing more than a circus, entertainment, just another tabloid fodder TV show, designed to get ratings, to see who can be more outrageous, more outlandish, who can stir the pot, and who can create the most sound bites. It's a small wonder why we ourselves, and many nations around the world, don't respect us, don't take us seriously, and why I feel our standing on the world stage is diminished year after year. I feel that of all the candidates, Kaisich comes off as the most professional, most presidential, who wants the job for the right reasons, and he doesn't stand a chance in hell. Bryce, when you declared that both front runners of both parties, are either under investigation or have hearings regarding wrong doing, and they both stand a chance of becoming leader of this great land, it really opened my eyes as to what the reality of our situation is here. And I wouldn't trust Ted Cruz as far as I could throw him, even though three years ago, I thought he truly had potential.

I shudder when I think of what this country stands to become in the next ten to 20 years if we keep on this trajectory. And I would be hard pressed to find many folks that don't feel the same way, if not more passionately, than me.

OTOH, it's nice to see that the approval rating of Congress is back up to a whopping 14%. Now I understand why so many are against a large government. Too many clowns in this circus.
The corruption of the 1800's was way worse... Integrity and honor is only there as a propaganda narrative... It's always been a seedy mixed bag of political trickery... They used to be better at hiding it...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon May 02, 2016 9:52 am

NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

The corruption of the 1800's was way worse... Integrity and honor is only there as a propaganda narrative... It's always been a seedy mixed bag of political trickery... They used to be better at hiding it...
I'm not denying that, and I even eluded to that earlier in my post. I believe our 24-hour news cycle hurts more than it helps. I've often made parodies of what this would be like in the election of 1860 if we had Fox News and WJR and NBC and Twitter and everything of the like.

My point is that THESE people are the best the apathetic American people can do???

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

I'm not denying that, and I even eluded to that earlier in my post. I believe our 24-hour news cycle hurts more than it helps. I've often made parodies of what this would be like in the election of 1860 if we had Fox News and WJR and NBC and Twitter and everything of the like.

My point is that THESE people are the best the apathetic American people can do???
Yes... Not unlike the 1830's and etc.... It'll improve, the pendulum always swings...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic