Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Splain This Rucy!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Splain This Rucy!

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:28 pm

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Re: Splain This Rucy!

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Maybe he was talking to Reverend Wrong, Jesse Hackson, Al Sharlton and wants to screw with organizations that are pro-life.

Otherwise there is no logic...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Wonder what it is about black ministers and their love of abortion? Many of the black minister's in Detroit, with large congregations, often ask political candidates that are pro abortion to speak in their church. Seldom, if ever to you hear of a pro life candidate speaking or being endorsed in that particular venue.

Given that a black woman is five times more likely.to have.an abortion, some might say they're supporting something akin to genocide.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:43 pm

The same reason some EV's are voting for Trump.

They vote their wallet, morals be darned.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:39 am

Interesting websites you visit...
Websters Dictionary wrote:Pro Life American (n) A person, most often Caucasian and residing in the protected suburbs of the midwest, who spends significant time worrying about people who don't actually exist, while ridiculing, often in a bigoted way, and refusing to lift a finger to help those children living in poverty who are already alive.
Did you know the average age of a person experiencing homelessness in our country is 9 years?
Open Door Mission wrote:The average age of a homeless person is 9 years old. More than 3.5 million people are homeless every night, and 1.35 million are children. More than 30 percent of homeless families have an open case for child abuse or neglect. Of the 31.1 million people living in poverty, more than 12 million are children.
http://www.opendoormission.org/about-us/fast-facts/

Here's one of my favorites of this lifer nut crowd. http://www.embryoadoption.org/faqs/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:24 am

TC Talks wrote: The average age of a homeless person is 9 years old. More than 3.5 million people are homeless every night, and 1.35 million are children.
HUD's numbers are sure a bunch different that the Open Door folks numbers:
More than 500,000 people - a quarter of them children - were homeless in the United States this year amid scarce affordable housing across much of the nation, according to a study released on Thursday.

The report, from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), said the number was down slightly from 2014. Many U.S. cities are confronting a sluggish economic recovery, stagnant or falling wages among the lowest-income earners and budget constraints for social welfare programs.
Sure glad wages and jobs were someone's "number one priority" the last seven years. Imagine how horrid the numbers would be if they weren't? (sarcasm)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Time to get the minimum wage up to $15. Relying on business to do the right thing isn't working. You have the wrong homeless numbers.

Wage disparity is the widest in history.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:50 pm

What if you employ the disabled because you want them to have purpose and dignity?

Do I have to pay them $15 an hour?

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:14 pm

audiophile wrote:What if you employ the disabled because you want them to have purpose and dignity?

Why should I or any other American be paid less because we are disabled?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:What if you employ the disabled because you want them to have purpose and dignity?

Why should I or any other American be paid less because we are disabled?
How about a person that is dumb as a rock because of an inadequate education provided by union run government schools? Can I pay them less until I teach them how to be productive?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:Time to get the minimum wage up to $15. Relying on business to do the right thing isn't working. You have the wrong homeless numbers.

Not my numbers. Those are HUD Numbers.

If 15 an hour is good, maybe we should consider 30 so folks can afford a nice house,

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:Time to get the minimum wage up to $15. Relying on business to do the right thing isn't working. You have the wrong homeless numbers.

Not my numbers. Those are HUD Numbers.

If 15 an hour is good, maybe we should consider 30 so folks can afford a nice house,
$15 will at least give you a punchers chance... That's all they are asking for... The ability to make ends meet.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:52 pm

I floated a chained wage here on this board before. The difference between the highest and lowest paid in a company can only be X%.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:56 pm

NS8401 wrote:
$15 will at least give you a punchers chance... That's all they are asking for... The ability to make ends meet.
Should we pay someone that only generates 5 dollars an hour in productivity 15 dollars an hour? That just doesn't make sense.

If you want to make 15 dollars and hour it's up to you to increase your skills so you are worth 15 dollars an hour. Better yet, work hard and develop skills that are worth 50 dollars an hour.

How about we put everyone on commission, just like every single small business owner is? If I don't get accounts, acquire jobs and satisfy customers, I make nothing and have nothing to pay anyone.

Another thing all you open borders people won't admit is that illegal immigrants are keeping wages artificially low. Guess what would happen to wages if there were no illegals here willing to work for sub standard wages?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 pm

100% agree Bryce!

If you have ever owned a business there will be times when you take a big fat zero for a paycheck so your employees get paid in full and on time. There will also be times that the employees make more than you in a year.

A $15 dollar minimum wage doesn't give flexibility a business owner needs. If an inexperienced worker comes in says they will work reduced wage because they want to learn the ropes, why should a small business owner be required to pay $15 if the worker understands they are not worth it?

Or what if someone wants to volunteer in your business? Government tells you that you can't do that?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic