Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cruz Campaign is Done

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Cruz Campaign is Done

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 03, 2016 10:33 pm

I'm shocked! It's an outrage.How could Ted leave us?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 10:46 pm

Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:
bmw wrote:Cruz did not exit with class, IMO. Not once did he congratulate Trump on his victory. I got the impression listening to his otherwise boring speech that he will not support Trump and that he will even continue to fight against Trump. I think he will do this not because he thinks that is what is good for the country, but because he's a sore loser.
Trump called him Lyin' Ted everyday for months, and implied today his dad was involved with JFK's murder -- and you expect to congratulate him for being a pig vomit of man?
+1
Trump calling him Lyin' Ted everyday for months would make him a pathological liar, no?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Cruz should have known better than to get into the mud with Trump. He was much more on his game back months back when he avoided talking about Trump, but occasionally took light-hearted jabs at him, like the Flashdance - Maniac video tweet back in December.

But he let Trump get the better of him, and he always seemed distracted, off message, and on the defensive because of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed May 04, 2016 2:34 am

bmw wrote:
Lester The Nightfly wrote:So why should there be any expectation they do anything but sit at home in November?
Simple answer. Supreme Court vacancies. Trump or Hillary could end up being a 4-year President, but the impact of their Supreme Court nominations could last a lifetime.
You, I and most of the people that inhabit this thread know that but it's an abstraction to the majority of a large number of our fellow countrymen. I think they just know their guy (or more preciously one of their 16 guys/gal) didn't make the cut because the entire system is screwed up/the dog ate their homework and will sit out the entire process. Again, much like what will happen at the upcoming GOP convention. Sure, there'll be some folks that come out to spite the other side but not enough to throw the outcome.

I'm not saying it won't be an amazing piece of theater watching Trump v. Clinton. It's going to be a shitshow to end all shitshows but heck I'll be bold enough to call the final percentages:

Clinton 56%
Trump 44%

If Trump goes all wackadoodle Hill's might get as much as 58-59%

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:13 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
bmw wrote:
Lester The Nightfly wrote:So why should there be any expectation they do anything but sit at home in November?
Simple answer. Supreme Court vacancies. Trump or Hillary could end up being a 4-year President, but the impact of their Supreme Court nominations could last a lifetime.
You, I and most of the people that inhabit this thread know that but it's an abstraction to the majority of a large number of our fellow countrymen. I think they just know their guy (or more preciously one of their 16 guys/gal) didn't make the cut because the entire system is screwed up/the dog ate their homework and will sit out the entire process. Again, much like what will happen at the upcoming GOP convention. Sure, there'll be some folks that come out to spite the other side but not enough to throw the outcome.

I'm not saying it won't be an amazing piece of theater watching Trump v. Clinton. It's going to be a shitshow to end all shitshows but heck I'll be bold enough to call the final percentages:

Clinton 56%
Trump 44%

If Trump goes all wackadoodle Hill's might get as much as 58-59%
Makes 1984 look like a horse race...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 04, 2016 6:44 am

I wish I could disagree...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 04, 2016 6:59 am

One of the more interesting exit poll questions in Indiana yesterday was pointed at Sanders voters. They were asked if they would support Clinton if she gets the nomination. 70 percent said they would cross party lines to vote for Trump. Granted it is only one state but if that proves to be wide spread it could make things interesting in November.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 04, 2016 7:08 am

You just made my case about low-information voters...
Last edited by audiophile on Wed May 04, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 04, 2016 7:09 am

Newt Gingrich heaped praise on Trump on Fox News. Called Trump "one of the most effective anti-left voices of our lifetime" and compared him to Eisenhower.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 04, 2016 7:12 am

Then there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdcuVUOoNZA&t=52s

Fox hosts did nothing to question Trump...what a bunch of sheep.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed May 04, 2016 11:32 am

zzand wrote:One of the more interesting exit poll questions in Indiana yesterday was pointed at Sanders voters. They were asked if they would support Clinton if she gets the nomination. 70 percent said they would cross party lines to vote for Trump. Granted it is only one state but if that proves to be wide spread it could make things interesting in November.
Now, if I'm following you correctly here, zz, you're saying that Democrats will be voting for the Republican candidate, and the Republicans will either stay home or vote for the Democrat candidate? Christ Almighty, this is gonna be the biggest clusterfuck of an election I've ever seen, worse than the 2000 debacle. Talk about ass backwards.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 04, 2016 12:22 pm

Plenty of white blue collar Dems over age 40 love Trump, especially those in the Southeast and rust belt.

Kasich is reportedly dropping out today.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Welcome to the future...

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 04, 2016 5:29 pm

Mega, what I said was that Sanders voters said they would rather vote for Trump than Clinton, nothing more or less.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:10 pm

zzand wrote:Mega, what I said was that Sanders voters said they would rather vote for Trump than Clinton, nothing more or less.
Highly unlikely...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic