Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Interesting editorial from Finley

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Interesting editorial from Finley

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:37 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
screen glare wrote:I notice you have inserted references to BAKING twice in your short list of derogatory associations to former First Lady, former US Senator, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Does it irk you and all Fox News watching - Limbaugh listening junkies that she doesn't bake cookies often, and has always been a high achiever ... rarely leaving tasks "half baked"?

To hear those who've spent decades on a futile witch hunt reviewing her thoughts, words, and deeds you'd think she'd by now committed at least one deliberate transgression that would land her criminally charged, and on trial in a court of law. Instead she has been consistently tried in the court of public opinion, and even withstood 8 hours of grilling in a congressional hearing - to no avail. Whitewater probe, Benghazi investigation, Monica Lewinsky scandal, etc. have all served to help this future president become stronger, wiser, and steady under fire.

Insecure white males feel threatened by her invulnerability to their traditional sexist verbal put downs. But others of our gender feel hopeful that Mrs. Clinton will serve as a fine US president. An example to our daughters and reminder to our sons that no leader - past or present - will be free of human error, so it's important to choose a leader who tempers power with an active compassion for the poor, worldly experience, and visible courage in times of fear.
Good post. Incomprehensible to the Alpha, white X-Y chromosome crowd, but a good post none the less.
As opposed to a beta cuckold like you?
NS8401 wrote:
screen glare wrote:NS - why do you frequently post one or two-sentence, unnecessary, comments/questions regarding what another poster has written? Can't you simply discern the answers you seek by rereading carefully the post to which you are now referring? Too often the answer or clarification you seek is obvious.
If we were all pulled up to the bar I could physically see you wax philosophic about all kinds of stuff... Instead I'm left with the honor system... I suspected not because you would understand how offensive saying "white male privilege" is to the majority of white guys who haven't been privileged for a damn thing...

But I'll put some sunglasses on... 8)... and go to work answering your question:
When you say "insecure white males" I have two options, I can assume you are a secure white male or an insecure or secure non-white male. It really doesn't tell me anything. Unless you are saying all white males are insecure so I should assume you are non white by default?
Could not have said the bolded section any better myself...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:35 pm

NS8401 wrote:I suspected not because you would understand how offensive saying "white male privilege" is to the majority of white guys who haven't been privileged for a damn thing...
With all due respect NS, White + Male + United States citizen = Privileged to 99% of the humans living on this planet. Throw a dart at a world atlas map and check the results yourself.

Blackbyrd

Post by Blackbyrd » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Did it ever occur to you girls that it might be because we KNOW how to meet goals and make things happen? And NOT too lazy to undertake the work necessary to 'accomplish' important tasks!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:15 pm

NS8401 wrote:I suspected not because you would understand how offensive saying "white male privilege" is to the majority of white guys who haven't been privileged for a damn thing...
With all due respect NS, White + Male + United States citizen = Privileged to 99% of the humans living on this planet. Throw a dart at a world atlas map and check the results yourself.
I really was limiting it to the US itself. If you want to go global like above then you have yourself a mighty good case, but I'm a white male and I've had to fight and claw for what little I have..

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:58 pm

NS8401 wrote:
I really was limiting it to the US itself. If you want to go global like above then you have yourself a mighty good case, but I'm a white male and I've had to fight and claw for what little I have..
and if you were anything other than that you'd be clawing even harder.
Just sayin' :blink

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:39 pm

NS8401 wrote:
and if you were anything other than that you'd be clawing even harder.
Just sayin' :blink
Nothing in dispute there... I just don't like it when some folks make it sound like it's all a big party and the easiest thing ever...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:04 am

Blind Ego Blackbyrd - the practice of calling adults "girls" when trying to insult them or put them down is certainly enough to reveal your King of the World bully mentality, inborn of your powerful feelings of entitlement and superiority.

But you also indicate more of your destructive ignorance by asking anyone here who is NOT like you (presumably MEN who are NOT white, and all WOMEN) if they've considered WHY you and other oafs in your white guy bio-pool reign supreme.

You note it's because white dudes KNOW how to meet goals and "make things happen". As if non-white men and all women lack that kind of know how and ability.

And you also point out that you and your fellow white men masterminds are able to accomplish important tasks because you're not "too lazy" to work. Which is of course the well memorized racist anthem you and your fellow white male chorus members have been singing for eons.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Archie Bunker - you're still funny! And still hopelessly pitiful. Time to take off the blindfold Blackbyrd. Maybe Edith or George Jefferson can help you see the light.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:55 am

screen glare wrote:Blind Ego Blackbyrd - the practice of calling adults "girls" when trying to insult them or put them down is certainly enough to reveal your King of the World bully mentality, inborn of your powerful feelings of entitlement and superiority.

But you also indicate more of your destructive ignorance by asking anyone here who is NOT like you (presumably MEN who are NOT white, and all WOMEN) if they've considered WHY you and other oafs in your white guy bio-pool reign supreme.

You note it's because white dudes KNOW how to meet goals and "make things happen". As if non-white men and all women lack that kind of know how and ability.

And you also point out that you and your fellow white men masterminds are able to accomplish important tasks because you're not "too lazy" to work. Which is of course the well memorized racist anthem you and your fellow white male chorus members have been singing for eons.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Archie Bunker - you're still funny! And still hopelessly pitiful. Time to take off the blindfold Blackbyrd. Maybe Edith or George Jefferson can help you see the light.
What if you're a white man and don't think like blackbyrd? How do all these critical blanket statements you just made against somebody else's blanket statements comport with your idea that blanket statements are bad?

Why can't you simply accept each INDIVIDUAL on his merits, be part of the the change you wish to see, not a continuation of the problem.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:10 pm

NS - good to hear that you are not like Blackbyrd. You're probably able to identify more with Archie's well educated progressive feminist son-in-law: Meathead. Errr ... Michael.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:55 pm

screen glare wrote:NS - good to hear that you are not like Blackbyrd. You're probably able to identify more with Archie's well educated progressive feminist son-in-law: Meathead. Errr ... Michael.
Even if I do something you agree with you cant resist a snide comment can you?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:30 pm

NS - Do you really believe that being identified with the sensitive, well educated, politically progressive All In The Family character "Meathead" Michael is "snide"? If you're offended then I believe you lack a funny bone. All In The Family was a groundbreaking television sitcom or situation COMEDY. You need to lighten up! I guess NS stands for No Sense. Of humor, that is.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:56 pm

screen glare wrote:NS - Do you really believe that being identified with the sensitive, well educated, politically progressive All In The Family character "Meathead" Michael is "snide"? If you're offended then I believe you lack a funny bone. All In The Family was a groundbreaking television sitcom or situation COMEDY. You need to lighten up! I guess NS stands for No Sense. Of humor, that is.
Where do you come up with these pithy posts?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:46 am

Thank you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic