Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Look for more Snyder administration resignations

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Look for more Snyder administration resignations

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:21 am

FINALLY, the health department is receiving some internal attention. The state health department has largely gotten a free pass from our A.D.D. riddled and moron filled local news media. It's Snyder himself who is calling for an investigation of the health department's conduct.

Although, I'll be honest, the Auditor General's initial report of the MDEQ's handling of the Flint situation was nearly useless and worthy of little more than use as bird cage liner or fish wrap.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/m ... /81664686/

The timing of all this certainly questionable:
Snyder’s call for a health department investigation comes less than a week before he is set to testify before the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in Washington, D.C. His testimony is scheduled for Thursday.
Why wasn't the audit called for many weeks ago?!!!
Also, why haven't we heard a peep out of the Flint Water Task Force since the "preliminary" report they released shortly after Christmas?

Here's another interesting morsel from the above article:
Meanwhile, Senate Minority Leader Jim Ananich, D-Flint, said he was “baffled” as to how Snyder “can continue to push for investigations of departments that carried out his wishes, and then blame them for operating in a departmental culture he created.”

Ananich noted the Snyder administration did not employ a full-time chief medical officer until last month despite a requirement in the Public Health Code.

He questioned whether that decision “impacted the department’s ability to properly read blood lead levels and identify Legionella outbreaks, both of which put Flint residents in harm’s way."
For Snyder recall petitioners - there ya go. Doesn't get more cut & dry than that, provided Senator Ananich is factually correct.

I predict that Nick Lyon and/or his top lieutenants will be forced to resign.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Re: Look for more Snyder administration resignations

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:44 am

My position in regards to the entire situation continues to be that this has been a partisan witch hunt from day 1. Most state workers are not political appointees and are responsible for the day to day operations of the state government. If you've never dealt with them, I can assure you they are a mixed bag. Some are extremely competent and some don't know their heads from their asses, but the majority fall somewhere between the two extremes. There certainly is no motivation for individuals who have made mistakes to make known the mistakes to their superiors.

In that light, given the benefit of hindsight, it is very easy to point fingers, but no one really knows for certain what happened and who knew what and when they knew what was going on. The priority has to be fixing the issues and learning from what has happened so that something similar does not happen again.

In terms of the douche bag Senate Minority Leader, while what he said in terms of the chief medical officer position being empty, that could be factually true, but the insinuation that it was intentional and his implication that that is the reason that the Legionella outbreaks occurred is political pandering at its worst. It's important to address when the requirement came into place and what the situation was before a full-time hire was made. I suspect there was some type of interim official that the Senator neglected to mention. It's also important to note that the disingenuous douche bag is stating that Snyder created the culture of all of state government and that he has the time to personally order people to do specific tasks. A governor, or any executive for that matter, is more of a macro level leader not normally involved in day to day micro level details.

Having said all that, I don't think there is anything wrong with what Governor Snyder is doing in terms of calling for investigations to figure out what went wrong so that the state learns from the mistakes and does not repeat them. It is possible that the timeline is being moved up because of his upcoming congressional testimony, but it by no means is a given. Keep in mind that he asked to testify before congress and his administration continues to release emails that they are under no legal obligation to release. I read the other day that personal emails that mention Flint are soon to be released as well.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Look for more Snyder administration resignations

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:11 am

Most state workers are not political appointees and are responsible for the day to day operations of the state government.
True, but most Department Heads *are* directly appointed by the Governor, who should be fully aware of the goings-on within their department and should have extensive knowledge of the functions for which their department is responsible.

As I stated before, the former head of the MDEQ - Dan Wyant - had *zero* education in geologic science, environmental science or engineering. How the f*ck was he qualified to hold that job? Governor Snyder appointed Wyant to that particular position.

And it now is appearing increasingly likely that the State Health Department, who Governor Snyder and his closest allies have defended verbally for several months, is now guilty of ignoring red flags.
In that light, given the benefit of hindsight, it is very easy to point fingers, but no one really knows for certain what happened and who knew what and when they knew what was going on. The priority has to be fixing the issues and learning from what has happened so that something similar does not happen again.
Isn't it pitiful that after many months, such questions still linger?
In terms of the douche bag Senate Minority Leader, while what he said in terms of the chief medical officer position being empty, that could be factually true, but the insinuation that it was intentional and his implication that that is the reason that the Legionella outbreaks occurred is political pandering at its worst. It's important to address when the requirement came into place and what the situation was before a full-time hire was made. I suspect there was some type of interim official that the Senator neglected to mention.
Was there an interim official? Was he on the job full-time? What were his qualifications? Those are all important questions that Governor Snyder must answer. I think it is unfair to impugn Ananich's motives without first knowing the answer to those questions.

BTW, Snyder's own people (per the released emails) certainly do not call think Ananich is a "douche bag." Quite the contrary; they seem to hold him in high regard.
Keep in mind that he asked to testify before congress and his administration continues to release emails that they are under no legal obligation to release. I read the other day that personal emails that mention Flint are soon to be released as well.
Snyder made no overtures to testify back in February, and then only after he faced considerable public backlash, hired P.R. staff and spent lots of $$$ on professional services firms is now willing to do so.

We were told all emails were released many weeks ago; now we're hearing about personal emails??? How many more rocks have yet to be turned over?

What about the FLURRY of emails that reached Dennis Muchmore's desk regarding Flint?!!! Does Snyder never speak to his own Chief of Staff? Why was Muchmore seemingly trying to manage the Flint matter without Snyder's involvement? Why has Snyder's office - especially that cunt, Wurfel - given factually incorrect at best and intentionally misleading answers at worst regarding who made the call to (a) switch to the Flint River and (b) not add corrosion control chemicals to the water?

I agree with you that Mr. Snyder had no intention to harm the citizens of Flint. That said, how on earth can he defend being clueless about what was happening in Flint?!!!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic