All accepted registrations through December 6 at 6:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ted Cruz Issues "Voting Violations" In Iowa

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Ted Cruz Issues "Voting Violations" In Iowa

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:17 am

Not exactly a well thought out tactic here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/t ... ams-218459

If you scroll down there is a picture of the thing, it looks at first glance like an official document. As I keep saying the guy is a slimeball...

audiophile

Re: Ted Cruz Issues "Voting Violations" In Iowa

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:05 am

If it is publicly available anyway, then I think this is brilliant. I don't think anyone with brain thinks is it is an official document.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:00 am

audiophile wrote:If it is publicly available anyway, then I think this is brilliant. I don't think anyone with brain thinks is it is an official document.
It looks like an official document... It doesn't even say "paid for by Cruz for president" on it and folks are easily confused especially old people... You know... The same ones who hand out all their personal info to a stranger...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:13 am

I have no problem with putting the public information on it, but using the word "violation" in big red letters on both the envelope and on the document inside? That word is used to imply that people receiving the mailer are violating the law by not voting.

While I agree that most people should recognize that this is not any kind of official document, that is not the point. Anybody with half a brain should recognize an email or phone scam when they see one, but look at how many people don't.

Seriously, why else use the word "violation" unless your goal is to scare people into thinking they're violating the law by not voting?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:51 am

They way I understand it, the recipient wouldn't have been on it, only your neighbors.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 am

audiophile wrote:They way I understand it, the recipient wouldn't have been on it, only your neighbors.
So now turning gullible people against their "irresponsible" neighbors?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic