All accepted registrations through November 23 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Officially less than a year of Obama left!

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Officially less than a year of Obama left!

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:26 pm

On this day, at this time, one year from now, Barack Obama will not be president. And yes, technically its a year and a leap day but its close enough!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Officially less than a year of Obama left!

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Matt wrote:On this day, at this time, one year from now, Barack Obama will not be president. And yes, technically its a year and a leap day but its close enough!
And you can bitch about Hillary then...

Milk

Post by Milk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:32 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:On this day, at this time, one year from now, Barack Obama will not be president. And yes, technically its a year and a leap day but its close enough!
And you can bitch about Hillary then...
Or Bernie! :)

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:02 pm

As much as I think that this topic is a pleasant thought it still makes me think of the phrase, "The devil you know is better then the devil you don't."

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:45 am

Honestly, I saw this thread coming a mile away. But I have to admit, I was wrong on who the author would be. I figured Bryce or MAYBE jry, but I don't know why I overlooked Matt.

I don't give the Democrats much of a shot of winning in November. And if they did, it would be an unheard of feat. Has any Democrat won after a two-term Democrat leaves office? And not in a Reagan-Bush style victory either.

Fret not, my fellow Buzzboard Archie Bunker's...before you know it, we'll have a rich, out of touch, unable to connect with the vast majority of Americans, WASP back occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. All I can say is, once John Smith Esq. III takes office, unemployment better be at 2%, the deficit paid off, nobody on welfare, all troops brought home, gas prices less than a dollar, immigration solved, and guns no longer a problem, by January 22, 2017. And when it isn't, I better not hear ONE WORD about "Obama left SUCH a mess, how is President Whiteasaghost supposed to get all of this done? After what Obama left him with? More time! More time! If Bush was off limits after a few days and it was demanded he be given the benefit of the doubt, there best not be one word spoken about Obama and what his legacy costs are.

Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:45 am

Edit: double post

"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:31 am

Mega Hertz wrote:Honestly, I saw this thread coming a mile away. But I have to admit, I was wrong on who the author would be. I figured Bryce or MAYBE jry, but I don't know why I overlooked Matt.

I don't give the Democrats much of a shot of winning in November. And if they did, it would be an unheard of feat. Has any Democrat won after a two-term Democrat leaves office? And not in a Reagan-Bush style victory either.

Fret not, my fellow Buzzboard Archie Bunker's...before you know it, we'll have a rich, out of touch, unable to connect with the vast majority of Americans, WASP back occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. All I can say is, once John Smith Esq. III takes office, unemployment better be at 2%, the deficit paid off, nobody on welfare, all troops brought home, gas prices less than a dollar, immigration solved, and guns no longer a problem, by January 22, 2017. And when it isn't, I better not hear ONE WORD about "Obama left SUCH a mess, how is President Whiteasaghost supposed to get all of this done? After what Obama left him with? More time! More time! If Bush was off limits after a few days and it was demanded he be given the benefit of the doubt, there best not be one word spoken about Obama and what his legacy costs are.
It'd be Cruz or Trump... Neither fits your description of "WASP" perfectly.... As to your other question Truman was the last to make it successive Democrats...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:37 am

NS8401 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:Honestly, I saw this thread coming a mile away. But I have to admit, I was wrong on who the author would be. I figured Bryce or MAYBE jry, but I don't know why I overlooked Matt.

It'd be Cruz or Trump... Neither fits your description of "WASP" perfectly.... As to your other question Truman was the last to make it successive Democrats...
Touchè...but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at.

I had forgotten about Truman. I just don't see a Democratic WH for another four years. Especially with the candidates they're putting forward. I think a Reagan/Bill Clinton ticket would work fine :rollin

"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:06 pm

I don't know if Peterbilt makes a truck large enough to carry the snark contained in that post. Well done good sir! The cherry on the cake was metaphorically calling "E-4" to the Three Amigos.... You sunk my Battleship !!!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:

I don't know if Peterbilt makes a truck large enough to carry the snark contained in that post. Well done good sir! The cherry on the cake was metaphorically calling "E-4" to the Three Amigos.... You sunk my Battleship !!!!
Well thank you, Lester! It truly is the little things that get blood flowing to my teeny tiny little heart. To be honest, I enjoy being a smart ass when it comes to these things, especially because people actually believe that their party can do no wrong. If the leading candidate of either major party came forward and said it was okay to sodomize your mother while your baby sister looked on, then there would be all kinds of justification because the leader of their party said it was okey-dokey.

But I was/am still overtired from work, so there was some truth regarding what I said about Bush/Obama/Trump(?)Clinton(?) Like it or not, Bush did have a lot to do with what went down in 2008-09. But the right will make it the fault of the Democratic congress, something Clinton didn't do prior to 2000, or lay it at Obama's feet as far as anything that happened after 1-21-09. We then weren't allowed to discuss any of Bush's failures; we could only discuss the "here and now". Well, I'm curious to see what happens when (NOT if) a Republican wins this November. Like I said, not ONE excuse. Everything better be taken care of in post and in haste.

"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic