All accepted registrations through December 6 at 6:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Time to make the DNC feel the bern

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Re: Time to make the DNC feel the bern

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Sparky wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Sparky wrote: This from the guy that supports a party being led by Donald Trump. Hilarious. Utterly hilarious, and totally typical.
The "party" is not being led by Donald Trump. Trump's support comes mainly from people that are fed up with current party leadership. Establishment Republicans, the folks running the party as it now sits, would be overjoyed if Trump crashed and burned and are plotting, planning and wringing their hands in an attempt to make that happen.

Yeah right. That's why he's slipping the polls. Oh wait....he's not. But that's ok, you still have Ted Cruz. :barf

You will be very lucky if you don't lose the House too along with the Senate. Hillary is already picking her cabinet.
The electoral math and demographic map make a Republican win virtually impossible this year...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Sparky wrote:
audiophile wrote:Hillary is better than Bernie, who clearly is nothing but a talker

He couldn't hold a job before public office.

Bernie is red meat to the base. Those people love him. I'll say this for him, he's honest. He'll tell you what he believes, no BS about it. But, he'll never go anywhere.
I have no reason to believe he is being dishonest on what he believes, but what he believes is like Hugo Chavez, and we all know well that turned out.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sparky wrote:
audiophile wrote:Hillary is better than Bernie, who clearly is nothing but a talker

He couldn't hold a job before public office.

Bernie is red meat to the base. Those people love him. I'll say this for him, he's honest. He'll tell you what he believes, no BS about it. But, he'll never go anywhere.
I have no reason to believe he is being dishonest on what he believes, but what he believes is like Hugo Chavez, and we all know well that turned out.
That might be a little dishonest...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:43 pm

He believes in price controls, wealth redistribution, higher taxes, elimination of private health care, and free college.

Sounds a lot like Chavez to me.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:50 pm

audiophile wrote:He believes in price controls, wealth redistribution, higher taxes, elimination of private health care, and free college.

Price controls can be useful. A concentration of wealth at the top is very bad for the general well being of society. One of the reasons things were so "good" before is that the wealth gap wasn't so big. Private health care is a sham and most other developed countries already don't have it and the world isn't ending. Higher taxes aren't always bad. Even Reagan knew that and raised taxes...

Free college is the only really difficult one... But the world will still function just fine with the other stuff...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:03 pm

I do not believe in price controls, if there is monopoly with an unfair price, break it up...

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:07 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:He believes in price controls, wealth redistribution, higher taxes, elimination of private health care, and free college.

Price controls can be useful. A concentration of wealth at the top is very bad for the general well being of society. One of the reasons things were so "good" before is that the wealth gap wasn't so big. Private health care is a sham and most other developed countries already don't have it and the world isn't ending. Higher taxes aren't always bad. Even Reagan knew that and raised taxes...

Free college is the only really difficult one... But the world will still function just fine with the other stuff...
Obviously written by someone who has no idea what it is like to own and operate your own business. If you like higher taxes, get out your checkbook. I probably pay more taxes than your salary. :lol

"Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Obviously written by someone who has no idea what it is like to own and operate your own business. If you like higher taxes, get out your checkbook. I probably pay more taxes than your salary. :lol
I ran one but It was online so taxes didn't come into it...

But yet all these places stay open and more of them were open when taxes were higher... Your argument just doesn't hold up...
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:08 pm

I'll tell what is scam, Obamacare. My jeweler said has health care went from 800 to 1600 mo, when Obamacare rules kicked in because his old policy was cancelled.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:37 pm

I don't know that Bernie would all that offended being compared to Chavez.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Audio,

My health care cost went down with Obmaacare. But speaking of price control, I think Pharma, and the insurance companies could be brought into control. I think the feds should force companies to give away patent rights to things partially funded by government grants.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:14 pm

How much did go down BEFORE subsidies?

I've seen $100ish reductions, but those that had the same policy for 10-20 years got hosed with H*** increases.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Sparky wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Sparky wrote: This from the guy that supports a party being led by Donald Trump. Hilarious. Utterly hilarious, and totally typical.
The "party" is not being led by Donald Trump. Trump's support comes mainly from people that are fed up with current party leadership. Establishment Republicans, the folks running the party as it now sits, would be overjoyed if Trump crashed and burned and are plotting, planning and wringing their hands in an attempt to make that happen.

Yeah right. That's why he's slipping the polls. Oh wait....he's not. But that's ok, you still have Ted Cruz. :barf

You will be very lucky if you don't lose the House too along with the Senate. Hillary is already picking her cabinet.
Is it the same cabinet she picked in 2008? The over-confidence that she is a shoo-in by some on the left is amusing.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:54 pm

Your political hackery has never stopped lmao. You have so many electable candidates. :rollin
Rock on Trump!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:56 pm

It's a great day for Bernie, look who he just picked up..

From New York Times..

Ta-Nehisi Coates, the award-winning writer who has become one of the nation’s most influential voices on cultural and political issues, particularly touching on race relations, said Wednesday that he would be voting for Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

The decision by Mr. Coates, the recipient of a MacArthur “genius grant” and the author of “Between the World and Me,” winner of the National Book Award, came as something of a surprise: Last month, Mr. Coates, author of a widely read 2014 Atlantic essay, “The Case for Reparations,” wrote two articles sharply criticizing Mr. Sanders over his opposition to reparations for slavery.

“I have tried to avoid this question, but yes, I will be voting for Senator Sanders,” Mr. Coates said in an interview with Democracy Now! that aired Wednesday.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic