All accepted registrations through December 9 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Time to make the DNC feel the bern

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Time to make the DNC feel the bern

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:59 am

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/19/politics/ ... index.html

If Bernie had any guts, he would announce at tonight's debate that he's leaving the party and running as an independent. This is very embarrassing for that pathetic party.

audiophile

Re: Time to make the DNC feel the bern

Post by audiophile » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:08 am

Wishful thinking (one I might like to see but still wishful)!

They reached a deal, so the war is over.

Bernie's team went too far, so if anything they should he booted him out.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:28 am

The DNC seems to be completely in the bag for Hillary. Why else would they have Saturday debates unless they wanted to limit exposure to challengers?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:30 am

True - it's a chlorination, ER...I mean coronation.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:52 am

Matt wrote:The DNC seems to be completely in the bag for Hillary. Why else would they have Saturday debates unless they wanted to limit exposure to challengers?
More people are available and not bound by going to bed at 10 on a Saturday...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:15 am

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/19/politics/ ... index.html

If Bernie had any guts, he would announce at tonight's debate that he's leaving the party and running as an independent. This is very embarrassing for that pathetic party.
I agree that Saturday Night is an awful time for a political debate to be televised. People don't like to pay attention to serious news on Saturdays. That's why so many local newscasts are "mailed in" and why controversial decisions, P.R. releases containing bad news, etc. are often released on Saturday.

I also agree that the DNC overreacted and think Bernie did the right thing by suing them.

Jackie Green is single-handedly ruining WLAV!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:09 pm

The media has really shown their colors by how they reported this whole incident. Bernie's team screwed up, but so did the DNC. By resting blame in the lap of one or the other, it becomes telling who the news organization is leaning toward.

Of course, Trump has has over 80 hours of coverage to Bernie's one hour with the national media.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:The media has really shown their colors by how they reported this whole incident. Bernie's team screwed up, but so did the DNC. By resting blame in the lap of one or the other, it becomes telling who the news organization is leaning toward.

Of course, Trump has has over 80 hours of coverage to Bernie's one hour with the national media.
Beanies been at it for 40 some years with a similar message... It stopped making news in 1975...

Trump is new and more controversial and that's why he gets the attention. Not saying its right but that's the way it is...

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:31 am

Matt wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/19/politics/ ... index.html

This from the guy that supports a party being led by Donald Trump. Hilarious. Utterly hilarious, and totally typical.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:39 am

Sparky wrote: This from the guy that supports a party being led by Donald Trump. Hilarious. Utterly hilarious, and totally typical.
The "party" is not being led by Donald Trump. Trump's support comes mainly from people that are fed up with current party leadership. Establishment Republicans, the folks running the party as it now sits, would be overjoyed if Trump crashed and burned and are plotting, planning and wringing their hands in an attempt to make that happen.

Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:43 am

Bryce wrote:
Sparky wrote: This from the guy that supports a party being led by Donald Trump. Hilarious. Utterly hilarious, and totally typical.
The "party" is not being led by Donald Trump. Trump's support comes mainly from people that are fed up with current party leadership. Establishment Republicans, the folks running the party as it now sits, would be overjoyed if Trump crashed and burned and are plotting, planning and wringing their hands in an attempt to make that happen.

Yeah right. That's why he's slipping the polls. Oh wait....he's not. But that's ok, you still have Ted Cruz. :barf

You will be very lucky if you don't lose the House too along with the Senate. Hillary is already picking her cabinet.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:56 am

Hillary is better than Bernie, who clearly is nothing but a talker

He couldn't hold a job before public office.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:03 am

audiophile wrote:Hillary is better than Bernie, who clearly is nothing but a talker

Bernie is red meat to the base. Those people love him. I'll say this for him, he's honest. He'll tell you what he believes, no BS about it. But, he'll never go anywhere.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:07 am

Sparky wrote:
audiophile wrote:Hillary is better than Bernie, who clearly is nothing but a talker

Bernie is red meat to the base. Those people love him. I'll say this for him, he's honest. He'll tell you what he believes, no BS about it. But, he'll never go anywhere.

Bernie is red meat to guys like me. I wish him well.

You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:08 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Bernie is red meat to guys like me. I wish him well.
And guys like you are great Turkey. There's just not enough guys like you to win a campaign in America. Bernie just isn't for the mainstream.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic