All accepted registrations through December 9 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:47 pm

How does this guy get away with this stuff? Instead of bolting him to first place in the polls his Party should feel embarrassed about him.


Fact check: Trump's claims about cheering in Jersey City on 9/11 ring false


Trenton - Though Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump claimed — twice — this weekend that he saw "thousands and thousands" of people cheering in Jersey City during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the statements ring false in a pair of fact checks.

PolitiFact slapped a "Pants on Fire" rating on the comments, while the Washington Post gave the remarks a "Four-Pinochio" rating.

PolitiFact said it conducted "an exhaustive search" of newspaper and television accounts from September through December 2001.

The site said it found two reports that included "uncorroborated and unsourced mentions."

"Neither begins to approach the scale Trump described," PolitFact wrote.

One of those reports was from The Star-Ledger, which did an exhaustive search itself about the rampant but unfounded rumors that Arab-Americans were cheering in Paterson, the city with the second-largest population in the country.

The Washington Post, in its own fact check, said "an extensive examination of news clips from that period turns up nothing."

"There were some reports of celebrations overseas, in Muslim countries, but nothing that we can find involving the Arab populations of New Jersey except for unconfirmed reports," the newspaper wrote.

Trump initially made the claim during a rally in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday, presenting it as evidence that the U.S. needs greater surveillance of mosques and Syrian refugees.

When the billionaire businessman and former Atlantic City casino magnate appeared Sunday morning on ABC's "This Week," host George Stephanopoulos told him that police and officials denied such cheering ever happened in Jersey City.

Trump doubled down, saying he saw a scene on television of people "cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations."

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/20 ... false.html


You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

Spellcheck5000
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Spellcheck5000 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:22 pm

His supporters are more interested in him "bucking the system" and being the voice of their xenophobic, hate-filled, racist, anti-Muslim views than they are about him being electable. They're so giddy about having someone out there supporting all their bullshit & saying all the things them & their buddies say at the bar after a few Bud Lights that they can't distinguish feverish rhetoric from reality any longer.

It's all so embarrassing. Our country really has lost a lot of compassion & thoughtfulness over the last 30 years.



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by jry » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Fact Check is wrong. Trump is right. We SAW this as they televised them on some of the news show. It is a fact that Americans have short memories. Liberals bank on it.
The problem is, there are archived stories on the celebrations and they're starting to come to light.
Maybe they'll get him for something outrageous, but not this time.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Watch for Trump's next pronouncement.

ELVIS IS ALIVE.


You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:12 pm

jry wrote:Fact Check is wrong. Trump is right. We SAW this as they televised them on some of the news show. It is a fact that Americans have short memories. Liberals bank on it.
The problem is, there are archived stories on the celebrations and they're starting to come to light.
Maybe they'll get him for something outrageous, but not this time.
No they are not wrong... Even accounts from the time don't mention it... It would be major news if it happened in the "thousands on their rooftops in New Jersey" even that old liberal softie Chris Christie has no clue what he's talking about. Trump can just say whatever and his angry ignorant supporters cheer... One way or another the GOP is toast... Maybe even for a generation.



TC Shuts Up
Posts: 863
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Many of us saw the videos of members of the so called ROP cheering on 9-11. Kids in college now are too young to remember. If they are 18 now, they would have been 4 on 9-11. These are the people parroting the liars who claim there wasn't any cheering for the horrible terrorism on 9-11. Parrots of liars, and the liars themselves. Many had the foresight to archive these videos, and they will soon surface, exposing their lies.

The reason why Trump is being attacked is he is the only one exposing these things, and is against both the Democrats and the Bush wing of the Republican Party. The people Trump opposes want terrorists let in the country. Hard to believe, but some people benefit from terrorism.


Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:29 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:Many of us saw the videos of members of the so called ROP cheering on 9-11. Kids in college now are too young to remember. If they are 18 now, they would have been 4 on 9-11. These are the people parroting the liars who claim there wasn't any cheering for the horrible terrorism on 9-11. Parrots of liars, and the liars themselves. Many had the foresight to archive these videos, and they will soon surface, exposing their lies.

The reason why Trump is being attacked is he is the only one exposing these things, and is against both the Democrats and the Bush wing of the Republican Party. The people Trump opposes want terrorists let in the country. Hard to believe, but some people benefit from terrorism.
You'd probably accept that the earth is flat, if Trump said it. That's if you don't already believe it.


You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:00 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:Many of us saw the videos of members of the so called ROP cheering on 9-11. Kids in college now are too young to remember. If they are 18 now, they would have been 4 on 9-11. These are the people parroting the liars who claim there wasn't any cheering for the horrible terrorism on 9-11. Parrots of liars, and the liars themselves. Many had the foresight to archive these videos, and they will soon surface, exposing their lies.

The reason why Trump is being attacked is he is the only one exposing these things, and is against both the Democrats and the Bush wing of the Republican Party. The people Trump opposes want terrorists let in the country. Hard to believe, but some people benefit from terrorism.
I remember the coverage... Nobody mentioned it then either... Just never happened...



bmw
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:09 pm

The footage is already there. 3000 hours of it spanning 7 days and 20 stations for anybody who wants to to sift through:

https://archive.org/details/sept_11_tv_archive

I have to believe that if the video really exists, somebody would have cited it by now.

Otherwise, this sounds more like the search for bigfoot.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:49 pm

bmw wrote:The footage is already there. 3000 hours of it spanning 7 days and 20 stations for anybody who wants to to sift through:

https://archive.org/details/sept_11_tv_archive

I have to believe that if the video really exists, somebody would have cited it by now.

Otherwise, this sounds more like the search for bigfoot.
It would have caused a counter riot I think...



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:24 pm

I recall, at the time, seeing video of people cheering and dancing in the street. But they didn't represent it as having happened in New Jersey. It had purportedly taken place in some mid-eastern country.

A few days later it came out that it had actually been archived footage recorded a year earlier after some sporting victory.


You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by jry » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Here you go, doubters, sometimes, you guys tock me off. : https://youtu.be/W5BtQgTGOI4



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Uploaded on Nov 6, 2009
And your point is?

Do you have anything contemporaneous to the event?


You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:48 pm

jry wrote:Here you go, doubters, sometimes, you guys tock me off. : https://youtu.be/W5BtQgTGOI4
You lose... That's not the topic at hand... We are looking for video of "hundreds... Maybe thousands of Muslims on their rooftops in New Jersey cheering as the towers fell"... Never friggin happened. It simply doesn't exist...

Nobody denies some folks here and in other countries particularly in the Middle East celebrated. We have video of just that from Palastine...



Deleted User 8570

Re: Another Outrageous Lie From Donald Trump

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Uploaded on Nov 6, 2009
And your point is?

Do you have anything contemporaneous to the event?
Anything contemporaneous to the event is going to have a later upload date... The CNN clip just happens to be from around the same time in 2009 that it was uploaded... Video sites like YouTube didn't exist yet on 9/11, most everybody was still on dial up or early DSL at that point so you're asking for something that's not possible.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic