All accepted registrations through December 9 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

So much bullshit, you need a shovel...

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

So much bullshit, you need a shovel...

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:06 pm

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/politi ... /74779852/

I'm referring to claims made by candidates during last night's debate, of course.

Jackie Green is single-handedly ruining WLAV!

Lester The Nightfly

Re: So much bullshit, you need a shovel...

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:45 pm

The one that took the cake for me was Ted Cruz going all Rev. Billy Sunshine and calling out the moderators for asking frivolous questions, neglecting the obvious disconnect that any politician directly answering a question frivolous or not is a relatively rare event.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:29 pm

I loved the part when he was ready to answer the question, but the moderator told him that he had used his time talking about other things (whining).

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:I loved the part when he was ready to answer the question, but the moderator told him that he had used his time talking about other things (whining).
What a joke... I always thought the guy resembles Peewee Herman... he just needs the suit and bow tie...

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:24 pm

Trump should buy the networks and hire moderators as friendly to him as the network moderators and others are to HRC.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:48 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:Trump should buy the networks and hire moderators as friendly to him as the network moderators and others are to HRC.
He's kind of a hard guy to be friendly to... He's a bullshitter with the best of them...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:22 am

Factcheck is a bunch distortion makers too:

Florina is wrong on the woman percentage but so is factcheck on increased workforce:

When accounting increasing population the score is even worse:
Clearly the workforce is decreasing.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:51 am

I'm not sure Where Florina or Factcheck is getting there info on effects of ACA. The Employer mandate for over 100 workers started in 2015. Over 50 starts in 2016.

FactCheck is saying the dip occurred before ACA is enacted. No doubt there was a dip in firm entries 2010, but how many shell corporations are there, or those breaking the firm into small pieces under 25 employees to beat the ACA requirement?
http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/1 ... alive.aspx

The only real metric would be the number of large companies. And frankly the effects are too early to tell, at at least from government stats, as there is a two year lag. Florina could be right, if she has another source.

Even then effects of ACA need accounted for separately, as effects of the recession will cloud the effects of ACA.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:16 am

I see they are busting on Trump for saying Rubio is Zuckerburg's "personal" senator.

Trump stated: I never SAID that. That is true, however is his website does have that.

I say factcheck is wrong. They have no way of knowing if Trump knew if his website used the word or not, but Trump qualified it with what HE said. Technically he's correct.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:54 am

audiophile wrote:I see they are busting on Trump for saying Rubio is Zuckerburg's "personal" senator.

Trump stated: I never SAID that. That is true, however is his website does have that.

I say factcheck is wrong. They have no way of knowing if Trump knew if his website used the word or not, but Trump qualified it with what HE said. Technically he's correct.
His website is a direct reflection of his beliefs and his alone otherwise he and his campaign staff are engaged in some sort of deception involving a shadow candidate using Trump as a puppet...

People reading that are looking for HIS views. If he's gonna have a website he damn well better take the 1 hour to read it...

Factcheck is a very good organization that plays it down the middle and is honest in their reporting.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:00 am

audiophile wrote:I'm not sure Where Florina or Factcheck is getting there info on effects of ACA. The Employer mandate for over 100 workers started in 2015. Over 50 starts in 2016.

FactCheck is saying the dip occurred before ACA is enacted. No doubt there was a dip in firm entries 2010, but how many shell corporations are there, or those breaking the firm into small pieces under 25 employees to beat the ACA requirement?

The only real metric would be the number of large companies. And frankly the effects are too early to tell, at at least from government stats, as there is a two year lag. Florina could be right, if she has another source.

Even then effects of ACA need accounted for separately, as effects of the recession will cloud the effects of ACA.
The major spike in small business closings occurred in Bush's last year... 2008.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:48 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I see they are busting on Trump for saying Rubio is Zuckerburg's "personal" senator.

His website is a direct reflection of his beliefs and his alone otherwise he and his campaign staff are engaged in some sort of deception involving a shadow candidate using Trump as a puppet...

People reading that are looking for HIS views. If he's gonna have a website he damn well better take the 1 hour to read it...

Factcheck is a very good organization that plays it down the middle and is honest in their reporting.
A neutral person would have explained the HE SAID part. They're making misrepresentations also.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I'm not sure Where Florina or Factcheck is getting there info on effects of ACA. The Employer mandate for over 100 workers started in 2015. Over 50 starts in 2016.

The major spike in small business closings occurred in Bush's last year... 2008.
So the spike is 2011 is ACA?

How do you separate them between downturn and ACA?

Maybe Florina, has data - but they didn't ask her. These are no capital J journalists!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:54 pm

audiophile wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

So the spike is 2011 is ACA?

How do you separate them between downturn and ACA?

Maybe Florina, has data - but they didn't ask her. These are no capital J journalists!
If you want to use the participation rate that started trending down before 2000... You're 0-2 now be careful with the third swing...

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:43 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:The one that took the cake for me was Ted Cruz going all Rev. Billy Sunshine and calling out the moderators for asking frivolous questions, neglecting the obvious disconnect that any politician directly answering a question frivolous or not is a relatively rare event.
While Cruz is not my favorite, he was absolutely correct. Frivolous is being far too kind. The questions were, well, I'll just say it... amateurish, bordering on stupid. But hey, it's NBC.

"Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic