All accepted registrations through November 23 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

2016 Presidential Polls

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: 2016 Presidential Polls

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:58 pm

How many people who participate in these polls are even familiar with Bernie Sanders' background?

Fire Blashill!!!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:How many people who participate in these polls are even familiar with Bernie Sanders' background?
Probably few but he'll give Hillary someone to debate instead of letting her gather rust...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:04 pm

Monmouth University is out with a poll of the Iowa Republican Caucus and wowza:

Trump 23
Carson 23
Fiorina 10
Cruz 9
Walker 7
Bush 5
Everyone else below that

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm

I have found that polls are often meaningless. When it comes right down to it, it comes down to the actual choice the voter makes. Once you vote it's final. But when answering polling questions it's just a guess and you can always change your mind which I am sure many do.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:38 pm

The fact that most never heard of Carson before his announcement, his standing is likely only to improve from here.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:39 pm

TheForce wrote:I have found that polls are often meaningless. When it comes right down to it, it comes down to the actual choice the voter makes. Once you vote it's final. But when answering polling questions it's just a guess and you can always change your mind which I am sure many do.
Maybe so but it's something to follow anyways and several polls of similar results a trend makes...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:40 pm

True.

Say yes to Michigan.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:How many people who participate in these polls are even familiar with Bernie Sanders' background?
This guy is a blockhead:
Free college, free babysitting, free healthcare, free abortions, 12 weeks of paid leave, $15 minimum wage.

His job creation plan? $1 trillion dollars of spending. Plus he supports the job-killing carbon tax. :rolleyes

Hugo Chavez lives! :red

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:32 pm

audiophile wrote:
This guy is a blockhead:
Free college, free babysitting, free healthcare, free abortions, 12 weeks of paid leave, $15 minimum wage.

His job creation plan? $1 trillion dollars of spending. Plus he supports the job-killing carbon tax. :rolleyes

He wants to get rid of fossil fuels while investing in airports.
Um, I know I'm not very smart, but are there many airplanes and helicopters that don't run on fossil fuels?
Fill an unenlightened simpleton in on what he missed here

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:35 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
audiophile wrote:
This guy is a blockhead:

He wants to get rid of fossil fuels while investing in airports.
Um, I know I'm not very smart, but are there many airplanes and helicopters that don't run on fossil fuels?
Fill an unenlightened simpleton in on what he missed here
I suppose it's more efficient than a car... Maybe that's where he's going... Trains are the ultimate in efficiency for moving goods. He's a bit of an out there guy though overall.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:34 pm

** From now on I will be only including Republicans above 5% and no longer acknowledging an "everyone else" being in the race **

Loras College is out with a poll of Iowa's Republican Caucus race:
Trump 25
Carson 18
Bush 10
Cruz 7
Walker 6
Fiorina 5

PPP has polls for the overall nomination races nationally:

Republican:
Trump 29
Carson 15
Bush 9
Fiorina 8
Rubio 7
Cruz 6
Kasich 6
Walker 5
Huckabee 5

Democrat:
Clinton 55
Sanders 20

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:56 am

audiophile wrote:
This guy is a blockhead:

Blockhead is the nicest possible way of stating what a complete imbecile the guy is. Whenever I see a Bernie sticker or pro-Bernie facebook post, I immediately assume the person has low intelligence.
audiophile wrote:The fact that most never heard of Carson before his announcement, his standing is likely only to improve from here.
I actually kind of like Carson, but some of his views on the social issues really bring into question his electability in a general election. I still think we are likely looking at a Bush, Rubio, or Walker nomination.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:19 am

Yet The Bern's home state is more financially stable than most of the Republican lead states with their low taxes and depressed economies. I guess it all comes down to what you consider to be a success...
Unemployment Rates for States
Monthly Rankings
Seasonally Adjusted
July 2015p
Rank State Rate
1 NEBRASKA 2.7
2 NORTH DAKOTA 3.0
3 UTAH 3.6
3 VERMONT 3.6
26 MICHIGAN 5.3

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:Yet The Bern's home state is more financially stable than most of the Republican lead states with their low taxes and depressed economies. I guess it all comes down to what you consider to be a success...
Monthly Rankings
Seasonally Adjusted
July 2015p
Rank State Rate
1 NEBRASKA 2.7
2 NORTH DAKOTA 3.0
3 UTAH 3.6
3 VERMONT 3.6
26 MICHIGAN 5.3
I fail to see what that has to do with the old coot, but it appears the answer is nothing.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:Yet The Bern's home state is more financially stable than most of the Republican lead states with their low taxes and depressed economies. I guess it all comes down to what you consider to be a success...
Monthly Rankings
Seasonally Adjusted
July 2015p
Rank State Rate
1 NEBRASKA 2.7
2 NORTH DAKOTA 3.0
3 UTAH 3.6
3 VERMONT 3.6
26 MICHIGAN 5.3
I fail to see what that has to do with the old coot, but it appears the answer is nothing.
If old Bernie had been a governor this would be more relevant...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic