All accepted registrations through October 19 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Before They Take The Facebook Page Down Or Change It

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Before They Take The Facebook Page Down Or Change It

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:41 pm

I have looked at the suspect's Facebook Page, and there is NOTHING there that would indicate that Roof was racist. I counted 80 friends, hardly a "loner", and at least 16 were Black. There is NOTHING showing a fascination with guns, and there was NOTHING that suggested he was racist. So before they try to change the narrative, get some screen shots of the Facebook Page.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Before They Take The Facebook Page Down Or Change It

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:45 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:I have looked at the suspect's Facebook Page, and there is NOTHING there that would indicate that Roof was racist. I counted 80 friends, hardly a "loner", and at least 16 were Black. There is NOTHING showing a fascination with guns, and there was NOTHING that suggested he was racist. So before they try to change the narrative, get some screen shots of the Facebook Page.
They are also saying he prominently had confederate and South African and Rhodesian stickers on his car... He doesn't need to buy an "I'm a racist" billboard before hand anyways so this is irrelavent.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:53 pm

NS8401 wrote:
TC Shuts Up wrote:I have looked at the suspect's Facebook Page, and there is NOTHING there that would indicate that Roof was racist. I counted 80 friends, hardly a "loner", and at least 16 were Black. There is NOTHING showing a fascination with guns, and there was NOTHING that suggested he was racist. So before they try to change the narrative, get some screen shots of the Facebook Page.
They are also saying he prominently had confederate and South African and Rhodesian stickers on his car...
And you have pictures of this?

This is a horrible tragedy, but it should not be politicized to justify speech control, gun control, and more racial strife, and all the things that surround it. Frankly, most people are too busy to be involved with racist organizations. The vast majority of people at racist organization meetings have been proven to be government undercover agents. When one agency starts to arrest people, the rest pull out their badges.

To politicize this crime to restrict freedom in the USA would be a tragedy. One has to wonder whether his behavior was caused by ADD and Depression Pharmaceuticals, which have been proven to be as dangerous as Marijuana.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:56 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
They are also saying he prominently had confederate and South African and Rhodesian stickers on his car...
And you have pictures of this?

This is a horrible tragedy, but it should not be politicized to justify speech control, gun control, and more racial strife, and all the things that surround it. Frankly, most people are too busy to be involved with racist organizations. The vast majority of people at racist organization meetings have been proven to be government undercover agents. When one agency starts to arrest people, the rest pull out their badges.

To politicize this crime to restrict freedom in the USA would be a tragedy. One has to wonder whether his behavior was caused by ADD and Depression Pharmaceuticals, which have been proven to be as dangerous as Marijuana.
Ok... Conspiracy theories... This conversation has jumped the shark... Adios.

From the AP:
Roof's childhood friend, Joey Meek, alerted the FBI after recognizing him in a surveillance camera image that was widely circulated, said Meek's mother, Kimberly Kozny. Roof had worn the same sweatshirt while playing Xbox videogames in their home recently.
"I don't know what was going through his head," Kozny said. "He was a really sweet kid. He was quiet. He only had a few friends."
Roof had been to jail: State court records show a pending felony drug case against him, and a past misdemeanor trespassing charge.
Roof displayed a Confederate flag on his license plate, Kozny said, and in a photo on his Facebook page, he wears a jacket with stitched-on flag patches from two other defeated white-ruled regimes: Rhodesia and apartheid-era South Africa.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Those too young to have or who haven't studied History (or have studied heavily edited and revisionist History), are condemned to repeat the mistakes of the past.

History, largely undisputed, not "conspriracy theories".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire

Think our current politicians wouldn't try this, think again.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:06 pm

I saw his page too. Other than his "friend" list there is nothing period. His wall olny has his picture update and his picture file only has the one picture. I am an "expert" Facebook stalker. All we have to go on is a friend list.

I suppose you could see more if your one of his friends.

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

TC Shuts Up

Re: Before They Take The Facebook Page Down Or Change Itlf

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:09 pm

You said it yourself "pending felony drug case against him". Marijuana? ADD drugs used as "performance enhancers" and sold to others? Pain killers? Anti-Depressants? Drugs. The elephant in the room is not a Republican. Perhaps it's MARIJUANA?

Perhaps some of YOUR racist friends have 16 Black friends?
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:17 pm

NS8401 wrote:
They are also saying he prominently had confederate and South African and Rhodesian stickers on his car... He doesn't need to buy an "I'm a racist" billboard before hand anyways so this is irrelavent.
+100

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:19 pm

craig11152 wrote:
I saw his page too. Other than his "friend" list there is nothing period. His wall olny has his picture update and his picture file only has the one picture. I am an "expert" Facebook stalker. All we have to go on is a friend list.

Usually, you see something to the effect that if you "Friend" them and they accept, more information is available, but there was no message like this. His friend list was apparently open.

You bring up a good point though. Screen names often reveal too much.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:33 pm

I saw this on another blog forum and thought it was worth reprinting:

"When a Muslim commits a crime it's a terrorist act and the whole religion is guilty. Black man commits a crime it's gang related and the whole race is guilty. When a white man man commits a crime he is dubbed a misguided lone wolf! That's the logic of right wing people who really are very thick and uneducated!"

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:44 pm

No one here has suggested that Roof was a lone wolf. Everyone underestimates the possibility that the Marijuana (I would be surprised if he didn't use Marijuana) or other drugs caused a leak of endorphins, Oxytocin, and other brain chemicals. Do you know anyone who uses Marijuana who is a lone wolf? Most have 1) Supplier buddies or 2) People they smoke dope with at the pot equivalents of hookah lounges. People who have spent some time in AA (Ann Arbor, but perhaps Alcoholics Anonymous would have similar analogous things such as "maintains supply" and "friends in low places") would know that.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:05 pm

craig11152 wrote:

AP is reporting there is a picture of him on his page with a sweatshirt with both of the country patches I mentioned above. Only the confederate flag was on the front of his car as a decorative plate.

Here we are, this jacket is unusual at best:

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm

So, what's your theory? He was just trying to be a good citizen?

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:44 pm

There are now reports on the British press that say that he was found during a police stop to be in possession of strips of SUBOXONE, a synthetic opiate derivative and a drug used to treat opiate addiction. If it weren't for certain foreign press accounts, many embarrassing details harmful to the political narrative would never come out. So he was either selling the strips, or was using them after being identified as an opiate abuser by the medical community or law enforcement. Opiates commonly used as street drugs today include Oxycontin and Heroin. Most people would guess that he probably started with MARIJUANA. And in many, but not all, cases, they would be correct.

Spellcheck5000

Post by Spellcheck5000 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:There are now reports on the British press that say that he was found during a police stop to be in possession of strips of SUBOXONE, a synthetic opiate derivative and a drug used to treat opiate addiction. If it weren't for certain foreign press accounts, many embarrassing details harmful to the political narrative would never come out. So he was either selling the strips, or was using them after being identified as an opiate abuser by the medical community or law enforcement. Opiates commonly used as street drugs today include Oxycontin and Heroin. Most people would guess that he probably started with MARIJUANA. And in many, but not all, cases, they would be correct.
Exactly what narrative do you think the media is protecting? And why do you keep capitalizing the names of drugs?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic