All accepted registrations through October 19 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Snyder approval high; Legislature not so much

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Snyder approval high; Legislature not so much

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/p ... /28791865/
Snyder's approval rating among likely voters stands at 55 percent, while 50 percent disapprove of the Legislature's performance, according to a statewide poll released Monday exclusively to The Detroit News and WDIV-TV. The Chicago-based Glengariff Group Inc. survey of 600 likely voters has a margin of error of plus-minus 4 percentage points.
Maybe it would behoove the legislature to work with the governor to pass road funding.
Ken Sikkema, senior policy fellow for Public Sector Consultants of Lansing, said the poll shows Snyder benefits from his involvement in Detroit's problems. His job rating among a small sample of Detroiters was split at 47.5 percent approval compared with 47.5 percent disapproval six months after the city emerged from bankruptcy.

"I think the big takeaway for me is the governor's approval rating in the city of Detroit (resulting from) his work on behalf of the city — getting them out of bankruptcy and, of late, his effort to solve the problems of the Detroit schools, both financially and academically," Sikkema said.

"To be even in the city of Detroit as a Republican governor, I'm not even sure Gov. Milliken could have done that," said Czuba, referring to former Gov. William Milliken, a Republican who was somewhat popular in Detroit in the 1970s. "The residents of Detroit are acknowledging all of the efforts he's put into the city."

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Snyder approval high; Legislature not so much

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:33 pm

People love McDonald's too, so I guess I'm missing your point.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Snyder approval high; Legislature not so much

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:30 am

I'm surprised the disapproval ratings of the legislature aren't higher.

Snyder's "leadership" helped produce the abortion known as prop 1. Ya know, the ballot proposal denied by an 80 to 20 margin. Snyder has been nearly useless with regard to the road funding issue.

What happened to all the matching funds we were supposed to receive in connection with the DRIC?

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic