All accepted registrations through October 19 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Lemonade Stand Standoff

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Lemonade Stand Standoff

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am

http://www.kltv.com/story/29290704/poli ... and-permit

Another silly rule...provided by BIG government. Welkome to Amerika.
Last edited by audiophile on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Arthur Mometer

Re: Lemonade Stand Standoff

Post by Arthur Mometer » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:34 am

This reminds me of a cartoon by Virgil Partch, I believe, from the 1960s. It showed a little girl with a lemonade stand that had a sign that read "Limonata". The man walking past the stand comments to his friend, "A Mafia front if I've ever seen one."

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

pbr

Post by pbr » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 am

A moment later the mothers says, "I knew we had to for garage sales and stuff like that, but I didn't know little kids had to for a lemonade stand.
permits for garage sales, too?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Free Trade? Snort...

Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:49 pm

And here I thought Texas was a state that prided itself on independence and lack of government intrusion...

Apparently my preconceived notions were wrong.

Not only do they need a permit to sell the lemonade (the city was kind enough to waive the normal $150 fee), they also need a health department inspection to do so legally!!!

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:37 am

I think it was a local "ordinance", not state, but still I understand the reference.

These ordinances only hurt the least among us, while claiming to be protecting us.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 am

audiophile wrote:I think it was a local "ordinance", not state, but still I understand the reference.

These ordinances only hurt the least among us, while claiming to be protecting us.
I believe it was a combination. The local ordinance required a peddlers license and the State required a health department approval.

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic