All accepted registrations through October 19 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Bad Political Drivers

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Bad Political Drivers

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:04 am

http://freebeacon.com/politics/democrat ... rubio-hit/

Too bad these folks weren't around in the Teddy Kennedy days.

Seriously, careless driving charge from 18 years ago, where no one was seriously injured, disqualifies you from being president?
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Re: Bad Political Drivers

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:26 am

If you read the whole article, only 4 of the 17 charges were for Marco Rubio. Two or more of these were dismissed. The rest were for his wife. And if you notice, the inquiry was initiated by a front group for a 2016 Democrat candidate. That particular candidate hasn't had a citation in over 20 years, but more than likely hasn't driven a car in that long. That candidate has ridden as a passenger in a chauffeured limousine since 1993, over 22 years ago. Would you want someone who hasn't driven a car in 22 years to tell you what equipment your car has to have, at your own expense, and not the public expense? To bake cookies, at least from scratch, you have to break a few eggs.

But seriously, they don't have evidence of this guy "doctor shopping", using a "wide stance" in an airport bathroom stall, or "structuring" to cover it all up? Also note that all those new "crimes" mentioned in the previous sentence involved Republicans that have been accused of being "in the closet". Isn't that in and of itself hypocritical?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:31 am

His wife appears to be an absolutely horrible driver who jeopardizes the well being of others on the road. However, she's not the one running for President.
Also note that all those new "crimes" mentioned in the previous sentence involved Republicans that have been accused of being "in the closet". Isn't that in and of itself hypocritical?
No. Having homosexual preferences is NOT the same as soliciting for sexual acts in a public restroom stall at a busy airport. By the way, I think it was Senator Craig himself who first used the phrase "wide stance" to describe his bathroom habits. :hat

I will say this - I'm far from convinced that Senator Craig was guilty of solicitation. The whole situation seems too outrageous to be true.

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:00 am

My recollection is that when James Carville and George Stephanopolous commented on Juanita Broaddrick's and other women's rape charges, they did not deny that they happened or even could have happened, but said that the "Statute of Limitations has run out on that one". That is apparently the case on these accusations also. It is also why the "structuring" charges are being made. It's the only way they have to get him. Certainly if statutory rape charges were applicable and indictable , they would have charged this guy with that. But that pesky "Statute of Limitations" ship sailed with the Broaddrick, et. al. accusations. They are also on thin ice by tacitly suggesting that the victim was "turned gay" by the speaker, as the current mantra is that he was "born this way". Since the accused is unlikely to ever run for office again, my opinion is that there is nothing to gain here. Why weren't the accusations made when the victim was still alive? Wouldn't the sister's statements be regarded as "hearsay" in a "D" case and court?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:13 am

Why weren't the accusations made when the victim was still alive? Wouldn't the sister's statements be regarded as "hearsay" in a "D" case and court?
Excellent questions. Let me add one more - why weren't the accusations made when Speaker Hastert was still serving in Congress? Why weren't they made after the Mark Foley incident? (Funny how that hasn't been mentioned much if at all over the past several days; Hastert was complicit in trying to cover that up as I recall.)

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:45 am

In retrospect, the speaker would have been better off having the family accused of extortion, though it would have exposed the rumor. At that point it would have been one man's word against the other's. Look at Bill Cosby. Seems like there was a case where he had someone charged with extortion. Now look what was revealed. If that extortion case were up today, it would be thrown out by a jury on reasonable doubt.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:37 am

audiophile wrote:http://freebeacon.com/politics/democrat ... rubio-hit/

Too bad these folks weren't around in the Teddy Kennedy days.

Seriously, careless driving charge from 18 years ago, where no one was seriously injured, disqualifies you from being president?
I assumed that this was going to be a discussion about the terrible drivers that still display their Obama/Biden support proudly. There are an inordinate number of those still around.

It would be interesting to see these groups put as much effort into finding Hillary Clinton's or Lois Lerner's emails.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic