All accepted registrations through October 19 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

If A White Guy Had Said It...

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

If A White Guy Had Said It...

Post by Bryce » Wed May 27, 2015 10:38 pm

He'd be labeled a racist.
Police Chief James Craig said at a Tuesday media conference that he’d avoid getting gas late at night in the city unless he had to, and he urged residents to be careful at the pump, according to Tom Greenwood of The Detroit News.

“I wouldn’t, but if I had to, I would,” Craig said. “But I’d probably be very aware of my surroundings.”

Read more: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/05 ... z3bOeyrxPQ
If I remember correctly, L. Brooks said something similar and the progressive shit stirrers attacked him with vengeance.

Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Deleted User 8570

Re: If A White Guy Had Said It...

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Bryce wrote:He'd be labeled a racist.
Police Chief James Craig said at a Tuesday media conference that he’d avoid getting gas late at night in the city unless he had to, and he urged residents to be careful at the pump, according to Tom Greenwood of The Detroit News.

“I wouldn’t, but if I had to, I would,” Craig said. “But I’d probably be very aware of my surroundings.”

Read more: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/05 ... z3bOeyrxPQ
If I remember correctly, L. Brooks said something similar and the progressive shit stirrers attacked him with vengeance.
What L Brooks said was a little more venomous:
“For that, fine — get in and get out,” he said. “But park right next to the venue — spend the extra 20 or 30 bucks. And, before you go to Detroit, you get your gas out here. You do not, do not, under any circumstances, stop in Detroit at a gas station! That’s just a call for a carjacking.”
Craig's comments seem significantly toned down and if brooks had simply said that it wouldn't have been an issue. But when he starts saying "stopping for had in Detroit is just a call for a carjacking" it goes a little over into the bloviating and embellishing world of bombast.

Patterson wasn't finished there though... He continued:
“What we’re going to do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and corn.”
Your challenge now Bryce is to equivocate all the bombast of L Brooks with the reasoned thoughts of Craig who didn't say "NEVER stop at a gas station in Detroit overnight" he simply said "I wouldn't unless I HAD to but I'd be aware of who's around".

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Same idea, different way of presenting it. Neither way is racist.

Bombast and sarcastic humor is Brooks' way. I worked for his campaign when he ran for both Attorney General and for Guv. That's his style. I'll tell you this, when speaking in front of a mic or camera, he was certainly the King of the Soundbite to make sure it made the news at 6 and 11.

Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:19 am

Bryce wrote:Same idea, different way of presenting it. Neither way is racist.

Bombast and sarcastic humor is Brooks' way. I worked for his campaign when he ran for both Attorney General and for Guv. That's his style. I'll tell you this, when speaking in front of a mic or camera, he was certainly the King of the Soundbite to make sure it made the news at 6 and 11.
Presentation is everything. Especially in public speaking... This is why he didn't make it in either of those. Open mouth and insert foot. Repeat.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:45 am

Bryce wrote:Bombast and sarcastic humor is Brooks' way.
when your a comedian that is fine. When your a talk show host or political commentator its OK. But when your an elected public official your held to a different standard.
“What we’re going to do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and corn.”
is completely unacceptable for a politician.
I have always felt L Brooks Patterson was a bit of a racist or white supremacist take your pick.

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

jry

Post by jry » Thu May 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Gotta love the Chief!

This is a true statement as is the one about the population needing to have guns.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu May 28, 2015 4:32 pm

I think L. Brooks had had a little too much firewater when he said that.

It is amazing that the police chief in Detroit said that people should have and know how to use guns, and that wasn't controversial at all according to the media.

But I can guarantee that a lot of Democrats feel the same way but won't say it.

But remember that Bull Connor was a Democrat. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 pm

I agreed with Brooks' original statement at the time and still do today. A few neighborhoods might be exceptions, but in the vast majority of the city, there's no way in hell I'd gas up there, especially after sundown.

Chief Craig is doing an outstanding job. All residents, commuters and visitors to Detroit should be thankful to have him as police chief.

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I agreed with Brooks' original statement at the time and still do today. A few neighborhoods might be exceptions, but in the vast majority of the city, there's no way in hell I'd gas up there, especially after sundown.

Chief Craig is doing an outstanding job. All residents, commuters and visitors to Detroit should be thankful to have him as police chief.
L Brooks is a pretty minor league politician in the grand scheme. He stayed that way by being such a crass guy saying things that just don't sound right outside of a wrestling match.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 29, 2015 11:54 am

I'm not much of L Brooks fan...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic