Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ooops! Stay Classi-fied.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Ooops! Stay Classi-fied.

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:19 am

And I have another question - this one about the National Archives specifically. Didn't the FBI's investigation into Trump's possession of classified documents begin as a result of the National Archives noticing that some documents were missing? Biden's documents go back to his time as VP. How did those stay missing for that long without the National Archives noticing?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:17 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:04 am
Unlikely but such is life. Biden will still get bonus points for turning it over in a timely fashion and having his places searched bow to stern right away. It could have saved Trump a lot of grief.
Except that we don't know how long Biden has been in possession of said documents nor do we know how long he's known that he possessed them. It is possible that he's had them and knew that he had them as far back as 2008 (at least the ones in his garage anyways). So it is premature to claim that he "turned them over in a timely fashion." Sure, after he got caught, but my question is what did he know and when did he know it?
Agreed.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:17 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:04 am
Unlikely but such is life. Biden will still get bonus points for turning it over in a timely fashion and having his places searched bow to stern right away. It could have saved Trump a lot of grief.
Except that we don't know how long Biden has been in possession of said documents nor do we know how long he's known that he possessed them. It is possible that he's had them and knew that he had them as far back as 2008 (at least the ones in his garage anyways). So it is premature to claim that he "turned them over in a timely fashion." Sure, after he got caught, but my question is what did he know and when did he know it?
How long did he know he had them, or how long could he remember he had them??

:rollin

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:13 pm

And....

How about we look into the 14 million dollar donation to the Biden Penn Center from Chinese business? I doubt it was altruistic.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:14 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:08 pm
None the less if each party is found guilty I'd be in favor of a jail sentence of one month for each document misappropriated. Fair and square, huh?
Given the finding of 5 more classified documents in Biden's private library, those months in jail are starting to add up.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:14 pm
None the less if each party is found guilty I'd be in favor of a jail sentence of one month for each document misappropriated. Fair and square, huh?
Given the finding of 5 more classified documents in Biden's private library, those months in jail are starting to add up.
I will accept whatever the TRUMP appointee turned Garlands special counsel on this says.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:19 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:14 pm
I will accept whatever the TRUMP appointee turned Garlands special counsel on this says.
Smartest move he could have made.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:41 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:37 pm
Article II mentions declassification at the wave of a hand or because the president speaks it? Must have missed that one.
Heh, it seems you could find the right to terminate a pre-born baby in the 14th amendment and "separation of church and state" in the 1st, but fail to see that being as the executive power is vested in the President, as it states in Article II, means the President doesn't have to jump through hoops or go to some bureaucrat to get permission to declassify something.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:41 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:37 pm
Article II mentions declassification at the wave of a hand or because the president speaks it? Must have missed that one.
Heh, it seems you could find the right to terminate a pre-born baby in the 14th amendment and "separation of church and state" in the 1st, but fail to see that being as the executive power is vested in the President, as it states in Article II, means the President doesn't have to jump through hoops or go to some bureaucrat to get permission to declassify something.
That doesn’t make him a king. We don’t do that here. Go back to England or something.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 am
That doesn’t make him a king. We don’t do that here. Go back to England or something.
Hey Bryce...you reading this? :lol

I seem to recall a certain governor issuing executive orders like they were going out of style. And in her case, the authority to grant orders on the subject matter she was issuing wasn't even hers; rather, it was vested in the legislature by our state constitution. And when the legislature tried to take back the power that it rightfully had to exercise, what did that certain governor do? Why, veto those efforts, of course.

And I'll bet money that RT voted for that certain governor. Apparently he likes Queens but not Kings.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:10 pm

Ah, but wait. The president is a federal employee. The governor is a state employee. Isn't that what we wanted? Federal government having no power and all powers going to the state?

And why aren't there any B batteries?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:24 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:10 pm
Ah, but wait. The president is a federal employee. The governor is a state employee. Isn't that what we wanted? Federal government having no power and all powers going to the state?
You obviously completely missed the point of my analogy. So let's try it this way:

There is a Constitution that gives the federal government its power.
There is a state-level Constitution that gives each state government its power.
The federal Constitution vests document classification powers with the executive branch.
The Michigan state constitution vests certain emergency powers with the legislative branch.

Get it now?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:30 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
SOME powers are specifically designated to the federal government. But that's really where their power should end. The states get what they need, based on what their citizens deem important.
Mega Hertz wrote:
And why aren't there any B batteries?
Ummmm, there were. Not very popular and not really used anymore, but they did exist. Lots of battery sizes that used to exist but don't anymore. I have an old radio that uses a 90 volt battery.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:09 pm
Apparently he likes Queens.
He should hang out with MCRF.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:18 pm

I mean, I don't really care either way. I was just asking. This just further proves Trump ain't any better than anyone else. I get the APPEAL, but it was the wrong guy for what was needed.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic