Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Netanyahu jeopardizes US relationship

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: Netanyahu jeopardizes US relationship

Post by zzand » Tue May 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Exactly. We use numbers from Hamas and they never lie. Hahahaha

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 21, 2024 3:55 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:41 pm
35,000 comes from the United Nations. It's genocide and defending it has little to do with your faith.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 21, 2024 7:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:55 pm
zzand wrote:
35,000 comes from the United Nations. It's genocide and defending it has little to do with your faith.
It comes from the Gaza Health Ministry which is run by Hamas.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 21, 2024 8:34 pm

Are you suggesting that we should use counts generated from Israel's information office?
How are deaths recorded?
The figures have been released in different ways by the two separate authorities - the GMO and the health ministry - and the UN has now switched from quoting the former to the latter to break down demographic data.

At the start of the war the health ministry only reported deaths for which details had been registered in hospitals, whereas from November, the GMO included an additional category of deaths recorded in "reliable media reports".

More recently the health ministry has included these media reports compiled by the GMO, along with an additional category of deaths recorded by family members by filling in an online form.

Gaza's health ministry is now therefore reporting these figures:

deaths recorded in hospitals
deaths reported by family members
deaths from "reliable media reports"
Some of these for which information is missing (such as an ID number or date of birth) are included in the overall number of deaths in the health ministry figures, but are not broken down demographically.

The number of women and children killed is deeply contested because it is often interpreted as an indication of the number of civilian deaths.

In a recent interview, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said about 30,000 people had been killed in Gaza, with 14,000 of them being "terrorists" and 16,000 civilians. He did not provide any evidence for those figures.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 21, 2024 8:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:34 pm
Are you suggesting that we should use counts generated from Israel's information office?
How are deaths recorded?
The figures have been released in different ways by the two separate authorities - the GMO and the health ministry - and the UN has now switched from quoting the former to the latter to break down demographic data.

At the start of the war the health ministry only reported deaths for which details had been registered in hospitals, whereas from November, the GMO included an additional category of deaths recorded in "reliable media reports".

More recently the health ministry has included these media reports compiled by the GMO, along with an additional category of deaths recorded by family members by filling in an online form.

Gaza's health ministry is now therefore reporting these figures:

deaths recorded in hospitals
deaths reported by family members
deaths from "reliable media reports"
Some of these for which information is missing (such as an ID number or date of birth) are included in the overall number of deaths in the health ministry figures, but are not broken down demographically.

The number of women and children killed is deeply contested because it is often interpreted as an indication of the number of civilian deaths.

In a recent interview, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said about 30,000 people had been killed in Gaza, with 14,000 of them being "terrorists" and 16,000 civilians. He did not provide any evidence for those figures.
I’m suggesting there are no neutral counters here and we must take figures like this with several tablespoons of salt.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:48 pm

Has HAMAS ever reported how many of their combatants have been killed?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 21, 2024 10:39 pm

zzand wrote:
You're cool with tens of thousands of people being starved? All my Jewish friends are ashamed and speaking out. I never thought you would be aligned with far right Zionists and Netanyahu.

Edit: For what it's worth, I don't believe what's going on is genocide, but there are war crimes being committed.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 22, 2024 6:07 am

I am a Jaw that stands with Israel. Gentiles may not understand why some if not most do but there it is and I am not ashamed of my stance at all. Hamas shoulders the responsibility for what happens to those under its leadership. They want to wipe Israel and its people from the face of the planet so they reap what they sew.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:40 pm

Still wondering why NONE of the neighboring countries would take the "innocent civilian" Palestinians in and shelter them until the warfare has subsided. I'll bet they could even make a valid case to the UN to get reimbursed for cost.

Anyone else have an answer to that?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed May 22, 2024 1:48 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:07 am
I am a Jaw that stands with Israel. Gentiles may not understand why some if not most do but there it is and I am not ashamed of my stance at all. Hamas shoulders the responsibility for what happens to those under its leadership. They want to wipe Israel and its people from the face of the planet so they reap what they sew.
I know this will sound awkward at best and perhaps a little disrespectful so if I need to apologize in advance consider this as having done so, but I'm genuinely curious if you and your tribe (so to speak) consider your Jewishness (?) more important than the morality of inflicting harshness on the innocent, specifically the children and aid workers (like the WCK incident)? Or do you?

I'm just wondering how you reconcile that? Do you just compartmentalize and chalk it up the collateral damage of a group attacking how and what you identify with? or is it that you do have empathy but under the circumstances it's secondary?

Again zzand, apologies if needed and I'm not really making an attempt to be a smart ass about this, just trying to learn about the mindset. Thx.

(I assume you're not a Jaw) :wink:

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 22, 2024 4:31 pm

No need to apologize. It is a war and horrific things happen to innocent people during war. I hate that aspect of any conflict but unless the world comes up with a different way to fight wars it will continue to happen. Our leaders killed how many innocent people during the wars we fought? How do you justify all those innocent deaths?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed May 22, 2024 5:00 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:31 pm
No need to apologize. It is a war and horrific things happen to innocent people during war. I hate that aspect of any conflict but unless the world comes up with a different way to fight wars it will continue to happen. Our leaders killed how many innocent people during the wars we fought? How do you justify all those innocent deaths?
Thanks for the thoughtful answer.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed May 22, 2024 10:49 pm

I will be honest: one of the things that has bothered me is that we have continuously supported Israel. That includes during non war times. The recent events have made that even more of a concern.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 24, 2024 10:38 pm

Yet another International court is calling for Israel to halt killing women and children. Their response: pound sand and let the killing continue. It's time to face the fact that this goes beyond protection.
The International Court of Justice on Friday ordered Israel to “immediately” halt its military offensive in the city of Rafah in southern Gaza, dealing another blow to the country as it faces increasing international isolation and a drumbeat of criticism over its conduct in the war.

The court has few effective means of enforcing its order, and it stopped short of ordering a cease-fire in Gaza, with some of the court’s judges arguing that Israel could still conduct some military operations in Rafah under the terms of their decision.

But the order added more pressure on the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has faced domestic and external calls to reach a cease-fire deal with Hamas that would lead to the release of hostages held in Gaza.

“The court considers that, in conformity with obligations under the Genocide Convention, Israel must immediately halt its military offensive, and any other action in the Rafah governorate, which may inflict on the Palestinian group in Gaza conditions of life that could bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part,” the court’s president, Nawaf Salam, said in reading the 13-2 ruling.

The court, based at The Hague, also specified the need for open land crossings, in particular the Rafah crossing, as part of its request for “the unhindered provision” of humanitarian assistance and services. Israel has controlled the Rafah crossing for more than two weeks, and very few aid trucks have entered the enclave since, according to United Nations data.

The Israeli government said in a statement that its military “has not and will not” take actions that would lead to the partial or complete destruction of the Palestinian population of Rafah. In effect, it said that the court’s decision has no bearing on Israel’s offensive because the prohibited acts are not occurring.

Hard-line Israeli politicians said that Israel should just disregard the ruling.

“There ought to be one response: the conquest of Rafah, the escalation of military pressure and the utter shattering of Hamas until the achievement of total victory,” Itamar Ben-Gvir, the far-right national security minister, said in a statement.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:04 pm

What did the International Court of Justice say or do about HAMAS killing folks left and right?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic