Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dave Ramsey and Mr Bean are right, keep driving your current car as long as can...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Dave Ramsey and Mr Bean are right, keep driving your current car as long as can...

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:15 am

Agreed on Ramsey’s take on cars. Completely disagree on credit cards. I have been able to go on in state vacations between my points and my 10% off on select purchases.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Re: Dave Ramsey and Mr Bean are right, keep driving your current car as long as can...

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:40 am

He says pay it off at end of month.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:24 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:40 am
Who wouldn't? That isn't exactly a novel concept. Does he also suggest people brush their teeth twice a day?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:24 pm
audiophile wrote:
Who wouldn't? That isn't exactly a novel concept. Does he also suggest people brush their teeth twice a day?
The problem is a lot of people can only afford to spend on a card to make ends meet and not pay it off for a year or better. So the answer is: most people.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:13 pm

audiophile wrote:
No, he literally said “cut them(cards) all up” multiple times to callers. I know what I heard.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:25 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:24 pm
audiophile wrote:
The problem is a lot of people can only afford to spend on a card to make ends meet and not pay it off for a year or better. So the answer is: most people.
The point is that most people know that it's best to pay off your balance monthly - this is like saying "don't let your dick hang out of your fly" and selling it like it is groundbreaking advice.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:41 pm

Rate This wrote:

The problem is a lot of people can only afford to spend on a card to make ends meet and not pay it off for a year or better.

I know what that's like. I used to be one of those people. It's a hard rut to get out of.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:41 pm
Rate This wrote:

The problem is a lot of people can only afford to spend on a card to make ends meet and not pay it off for a year or better.

I know what that's like. I used to be one of those people. It's a hard rut to get out of.
Did you know that wasn't ideal at least, or has Dave's advice been revolutionary?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:52 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:41 pm
Rate This wrote:

Did you know that wasn't ideal at least, or has Dave's advice been revolutionary?
Of couse I knew. But by carrying a balance from month to month, I was just digging the rut deeper.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic