Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rats jumping off S.S. Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Rats jumping off S.S. Trump

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:23 am

On par with Watergate? Are you kidding?
Yeah, I guess I am. This is far WORSE than Watergate. Nixon was unaware of the break in and then tried to cover it up. This spying, and subsequent lies, involved the members of the CIA, FBI, DOJ and the Clinton Campaign and was orchestrated to bring down a candidate and eventual sitting president.

I'm amazed that you don't see a problem with this just because you don't like the subject.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:46 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:23 am

On par with Watergate? Are you kidding?
Yeah, I guess I am. This is far WORSE than Watergate. Nixon was unaware of the break in and then tried to cover it up. This spying, and subsequent lies, involved the members of the CIA, FBI, DOJ and the Clinton Campaign and was orchestrated to bring down a candidate and eventual sitting president.

I'm amazed that you don't see a problem with this just because you don't like the subject.
You're right that this is a big deal, but it doesn't matter. Time to look forward, not to the past and Trump.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:05 pm
You're right that this is a big deal, but it doesn't matter. Time to look forward, not to the past and Trump.
The people responsible need to be held accountable. If this happened to someone the media and the mainstream Republicans actually liked, people would be singing a different tune.

Equal Justice For All....

I heard that somewhere....
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:45 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:05 pm
The people responsible need to be held accountable. If this happened to someone the media and the mainstream Republicans actually liked, people would be singing a different tune.

Equal Justice For All....

I heard that somewhere....
Yes, they do, but so does Trump for trying to steal an election he lost.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:17 am

The truth of the story is that members of the Clinton Campaign spied on the Trump organization. It's plain to see. In fact, it's stated in the indictment.
You're right, there is no reporting on this. I can't find a copy of the indictment to read, can you link to it please?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:35 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:29 pm
Bryce wrote:

The truth of the story is that members of the Clinton Campaign spied on the Trump organization. It's plain to see. In fact, it's stated in the indictment.
You're right, there is no reporting on this. I can't find a copy of the indictment to read, can you link to it please?
https://www.scribd.com/document/5257461 ... Indictment

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:35 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Thanks... I plan to read the entire thing. There was a second filing this week that has also brought about some claims that I've heard about spying, do you have that link too? (Sorry, I'd search for these, but the internet here at the drive thru at Tim Horton's is really slow)

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:35 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Bryce wrote:

So I've read the indictment. I see that Mr. Sussman lied to the FBI more than once, certainly a criminal act. The majority of the indictment was to provide the evidence of that lie, which it seemed to do. A few times I saw indications of use of "public and non-public data", which might be considered spying, I guess. Durham made no attempt to show that data was obtained illegally or criminally. In fact, he referred to it as "opposition research". Clearly, Sussman went to the FBI with his information.. and there is no indication that action was illegal in any way. The crime here is lying about your client to the FBI and for that he should be tried. But that doesn't make it spying. I'm sure campaigns use any method they can for "opposition research" and as far as I can tell this is not illegal.

Your claim in another post -
This spying, and subsequent lies, involved the members of the CIA, FBI, DOJ and the Clinton Campaign and was orchestrated to bring down a candidate and eventual sitting president.
is not at all documented in this indictment, so any validation of that to read would be appreciated.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:12 pm

Sorry my friend. I can't quickly cut and paste the salient parts from that on line PDF. I'm certainly not going to re type it all. If you can't see the part that details the spying, it's because you don't want to.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:40 pm

And I'm sorry my friend, that's just not good enough for me. I took the time, read the indictment, and didn't see what you see. It has nothing to do with "what I want or don't want" it has to do with the words on the paper. I read it, explained my position... You seem to want to depend on broad accusations with no evidence. In high school debate, you would lose.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:31 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:40 pm
And I'm sorry my friend, that's just not good enough for me. I took the time, read the indictment, and didn't see what you see. It has nothing to do with "what I want or don't want" it has to do with the words on the paper. I read it, explained my position... You seem to want to depend on broad accusations with no evidence. In high school debate, you would lose.
Evidently your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking. Not my problem. As far as your opinion, to quote Rhett Butler....

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:31 pm

And after all of this Durham admits .. it wasn’t Trumps info they had -

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:31 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Evidently your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking. Not my problem. As far as your opinion, to quote Rhett Butler....
And evidently you have no desire to actually have a discussion. If you’d actually like to try to advance your position you might try not insulting people. Have a good life.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:48 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:34 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:31 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
And evidently you have no desire to actually have a discussion. If you’d actually like to try to advance your position you might try not insulting people. Have a good life.
Changing Bryce’s opinion is like claiming you saw pigs flying..

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:53 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:48 am
Changing Bryce’s opinion is like claiming you saw pigs flying..
Changing someone's opinion isn't my goal. Just trying to have a conversation where we can at least argue the same set of facts is becoming impossible.
The Durham investigation thinks you're wrong if you think this was spying as they wrote: "If third parties or members of the media have overstated, understated or otherwise misinterpreted facts contained in the government’s motion, that does not in any way undermine the valid reasons for the government’s inclusion of this information."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic