Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WSJ: Breakthrough cases represent 0.1% of vaccinated people

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WSJ: Breakthrough cases represent 0.1% of vaccinated people

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Can you please link me to any source that suggests this is indeed the case? I've been looking to an answer to this precise question (whether vaccinated people who get breakthrough cases develop natural immunity on top of their vaccinated immunity) and I have yet to locate a scientific answer anywhere.
The above statement was conjecture on my part. I, too, came up empty handed after doing some research following the posting of your question.

I presume antibody levels among the following distinct groups will need to be tracked over time to evaluate differences:
- Those who are/were unvaccinated and were infected with COVID
- Those who are vaccinated and have not been infected with COVID
- Those who are vaccinated and suffered a "breakthrough" case of COVID post vaccination.
- Those who suffered from COVID and following cessation of symptoms received the vaccine.

Because existence of the third group is a relatively recent phenomenon, and because the third group is by far the smallest of the four at this point in time, my guess is several more months of data will be needed to draw any firm conclusions.

What I do know is this - those who have gotten COVID and afterward received the vaccine have higher antibody levels than those who have gotten COVID and have chosen not be vaccinated.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic