Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Defunding Police Departments

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Defunding Police Departments

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:41 pm

Lester hit the nail on the head. Those three tenets would fix 90% of the issues in terms of police - civilian relations.

I will say the "defund the police" mantra sounds like something straight from the Antifa playbook. They view elimination of law enforcement as a key step toward achieving a communist revolution where minorities usurp wealth from "privileged whites." These folks don't just want to reform policing, remove outrageous safety nets that exist for law enforcement officials, or trim budgets, they literally want to ABOLISH police agencies - permanently.

Despite the institutional corruption that exists in many police departments (largely thanks to evil police unions and spineless government officials), a nation in which no government sanctioned police agencies exist would be 100x worse. It'd be like the wild west meets modern society. It would a succulent breeding ground for many more incidents like the George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin fiasco. That is the LAST thing I think this country needs.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:48 pm

The very people that cry for the abolition of law enforcement are the ones that would be in deep shit if their plan comes to fruition.

I say go for it.
Thread Killer

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:54 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:41 pm
Lester hit the nail on the head. Those three tenets would fix 90% of the issues in terms of police - civilian relations.

I will say the "defund the police" mantra sounds like something straight from the Antifa playbook. They view elimination of law enforcement as a key step toward achieving a communist revolution where minorities usurp wealth from "privileged whites." These folks don't just want to reform policing, remove outrageous safety nets that exist for law enforcement officials, or trim budgets, they literally want to ABOLISH police agencies - permanently.

Despite the institutional corruption that exists in many police departments (largely thanks to evil police unions and spineless government officials), a nation in which no government sanctioned police agencies exist would be 100x worse. It'd be like the wild west meets modern society. It would a succulent breeding ground for many more incidents like the George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin fiasco. That is the LAST thing I think this country needs.
There's some bipartisanship on this board on this issue. Who would have thought?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:59 pm

UP906 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:48 pm
The very people that cry for the abolition of law enforcement are the ones that would be in deep shit if their plan comes to fruition.
I say go for it.
It's worth a shot. Look at all the fear police create in citizens. You have insurance, so the risk is low.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:04 pm

UP906 wrote:

I say go for it.
An aside from the back and forth, do you live in the UP or do you just have the best user name ever?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:16 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:41 pm

I'm not sure I would take that at face value. From listening to protesters here in Portland,OR I get the impression that it's more a call for sweeping and fundamental changes in the way law enforcement is executed, particularly when it comes to how minorities are interacted with. More of a burn it down and rebuild rather than entire elimination. Hence, "defund" rather than "delete".

Oddly it's not all that different than calls to "Drain the swamp".

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 pm

Here is how New York is proceeding. It seems that Police Unions are losing their creditability.
Inspired by the protests sweeping the state and nation, New York legislative leaders on Monday began to approve an expansive package of bills targeting police misconduct, defying longstanding opposition from law enforcement groups, including police unions.

The measures range from a ban on the use of chokeholds to the repeal of an obscure decades-old statute that has effectively hidden the disciplinary records of police officers from public view, making it virtually impossible for victims to know whether a particular officer has a history of abuse.

The legislation marks one of the most substantial policy changes to result from the nearly two weeks of national unrest that followed George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis, including in New York City, where tens of thousands of protesters participated in mostly peaceful marches to demand more police accountability.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:04 pm
UP906 wrote:

I say go for it.
An aside from the back and forth, do you live in the UP or do you just have the best user name ever?
Both.
Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic