Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2022 Election Results Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: 2022 Election Results Thread

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:34 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:30 am
:rollin Like father, like son!

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2Ft ... id=2886049
The cult probably won’t be broken by even this. But they need to realize that Trump isn’t a conservative. He’s a leach that doesn’t care about Republicans winning or not.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:34 am
Honeyman wrote:

The cult probably won’t be broken by even this. But they need to realize that Trump isn’t a conservative. He’s a leach that doesn’t care about Republicans winning or not.
DeSantis could very well win in 2024.....but he won't even run, because of Trump. :lol:
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:40 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:38 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:34 am
Honeyman wrote:

DeSantis could very well win in 2024.....but he won't even run, because of Trump. :lol:
That would be great because the senate looks bad for us in 24.

Mike Lee wins re-election as senator from Utah. GOP hold.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:44 am

CNN has projected that Brian Schatz will win re-election in Hawaii. Dem hold. Shockwaves through the political world.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:49 am

We learned one thing tonight. Apparently the only Republicans who don't answer polls live exclusively in Florida.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:02 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:49 am
We learned one thing tonight. Apparently the only Republicans who don't answer polls live exclusively in Florida.
They can keep them there. McCarthy is giving a speech like he won 30 seats and if all leads stay as they are it will be… 219-216.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:19 am

bmw wrote:
No one has predicted the Dems had a chance in Florida for the last 2 months plus!
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:21 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:19 am
bmw wrote:
No one has predicted the Dems had a chance in Florida for the last 2 months plus!
And the leads were getting to 15-16-17 by the end.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:02 am

With a bit less than two-thirds of the vote counted, Democrat Hillary Scholten has been declared by multiple news organizations as the winner of Michigan U.S. Congressional district number 3, defeating former Trump administration member, John Gibbs.

This is the seat currently held by Pete Meijer, who lost by about three percentage points in a bruising primary.

Democrats knew Gibbs would be a much easier opponent; they were right!

I hope the Trumpbots who punished Meijer by voting against him in the primary are happy with their congressperson elect.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/elections/d ... -district/

This will be the first time the Grand Rapids area will be represented in the U.S. Congress by a Democrat in over five decades.

Other news:
- Haley Stevens cruised to a very easy victory.
- Slotkin appears to be victorious against Tom Barrett (she is ahead by about 3.5 percent with nearly 95% of precincts reporting), although her lead has narrowed over the past hour.
- Kildee appears to be victorious against Junge.
- James appears to be victorious against Marlinga (he has a 2% lead with 99% of precincts reporting). I'm surprised that race was as close as it was. I think fears over abortion restrictions benefited Marlinga.
- Both incumbent MI Supreme Court justices who were on the ballot (Bernstein and Zahra) won by substantial margins over their competitors, with Bernstein garnering the most votes by far.

The post-mortem on the Michigan gubernatorial race will be interesting. Was abortion the deciding issue? Were the down-ballot statewide office nominees potentially a drag on Dixon's numbers? Did the bad optics of the GOP primary process whereby multiple candidates were (rightfully) forced off the ballot due to ineligible petition signatures somehow carry over to the general election and hurt Dixon? Or, was the lack of media advertising by Dixon and her backers until the last three or four weeks (in contrast to the heavy advertising by Whitmer since late August) a significant determinant?

I think Dixon's hardline anti-abortion stance coupled with her relatively small war chest are the primary reasons for her apparent defeat.

As I said months ago, Michigan almost ALWAYS grants incumbent governors a second term. Granholm was in office for two terms for God's sake. With regard to Snyder, the unemployment agency fiasco and Flint water crisis did not occur until his second term.

It appears Whitmer will finish with about an 8% margin of victory, which is in line with the Detroit News / WDIV poll that was released about one week prior to the election. She won by about 10% four years ago.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/decision ... -election/
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:11 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:02 am
With a bit less than two-thirds of the vote counted, Democrat Hillary Scholten has been declared by multiple news organizations as the winner of Michigan U.S. Congressional district number 3, defeating former Trump administration member, John Gibbs.

This is the seat currently held by Pete Meijer, who lost by about three percentage points in a bruising primary.

Democrats knew Gibbs would be a much easier opponent; they were right!

I hope the Trumpbots who punished Meijer by voting against him in the primary are happy with their congressperson elect.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/elections/d ... -district/

This will be the first time the Grand Rapids area will be represented in the U.S. Congress by a Democrat in over five decades.

Other news:
- Haley Stevens cruised to a very easy victory.
- Slotkin appears to be victorious against Tom Barrett (she is ahead by about 3.5 percent with nearly 95% of precincts reporting), although her lead has narrowed over the past hour.
- Kildee appears to be victorious against Junge.
- James appears to be victorious against Marlinga (he has a 2% lead with 99% of precincts reporting). I'm surprised that race was as close as it was. I think fears over abortion restrictions benefited Marlinga.
- Both incumbent MI Supreme Court justices who were on the ballot (Bernstein and Zahra) won by substantial margins over their competitors, with Bernstein garnering the most votes by far.

The post-mortem on the Michigan gubernatorial race will be interesting. Was abortion the deciding issue? Were the down-ballot statewide office nominees potentially a drag on Dixon's numbers? Did the bad optics of the GOP primary process whereby multiple candidates were (rightfully) forced off the ballot due to ineligible petition signatures somehow carry over to the general election and hurt Dixon? Or, was the lack of media advertising by Dixon and her backers until the last three or four weeks (in contrast to the heavy advertising by Whitmer since late August) a significant determinant?

I think Dixon's hardline anti-abortion stance coupled with her relatively small war chest are the primary reasons for her apparent defeat.

As I said months ago, Michigan almost ALWAYS grants incumbent governors a second term. Granholm was in office for two terms for God's sake. With regard to Snyder, the unemployment agency fiasco and Flint water crisis did not occur until his second term.
The vote left for John James/Marlinga is the city of Eastpointe, the most blue spot of Macomb County. Probably over but I wouldn’t count Carl out quite yet.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:17 am

Lester hit the nail on the head: these results are on the orange hippo. Will he also be right with his prediction that Trump will NOT run? Time will tell. A normal person does not declare that they are running for president after screwing his/her party for three consecutive cycles. Trump isn't a normal person, but there is a financial incentive for him NOT to run.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:20 am

James is ahead by about 8,000 votes. Eastpointe is about 50% African American, and that is a very reliable Democrat voting bloc. About 26,500 residents are of voting age there. If turnout there was 40% or higher, things could get very interesting!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:25 am

Matt, I believe his ego won't let him not run. Trump thinks he can win again. I will vote DeSantis over Trump. I will vote for any other GOP candidate over Trump

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:26 am

Lester hit the nail on the head: these results are on the orange hippo.
I would certainly agree when it comes to some of the congressional races, the Michigan AG race, and the Michigan SOS race. The latter two GOP nominees were strongly supported by the Trump wing of the party, and those two candidates went out of their way to suck up to Trump because they adore him.

I'm not sure voters perceived Dixon as being strongly connected to Trump. Even opposition advertising made little attempt to directly link her to Trump.

She could've run a nearly perfect campaign, had a much more centric abortion stance (i.e. consistently express support for exceptions for life of mother, incest and rape), and still lost in a squeaker given MI's propensity to reelect incumbent governors.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:26 am
Lester hit the nail on the head: these results are on the orange hippo.
I would certainly agree when it comes to some of the congressional races, the Michigan AG race, and the Michigan SOS race. The latter two GOP nominees were strongly supported by the Trump wing of the party, and those two candidates went out of their way to suck up to Trump because they adore him.

I'm not sure voters perceived Dixon as being strongly connected to Trump. Even opposition advertising made little attempt to directly link her to Trump.

She could've run a nearly perfect campaign, had a much more centric abortion stance (i.e. consistently express support for exceptions for life of mother, incest and rape), and still lost in a squeaker given MI's propensity to reelect incumbent governors.
Agreed. To your earlier point, I actually think Whitmer is worse than Granholm - Granholm was incompetent and generally a dolt. Whitmer is a power-hungry tyrant.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic