Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Suit filed to keep Trump off the 2024 ballot.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Suit filed to keep Trump off the 2024 ballot.

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:16 pm

HD74 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:58 pm
Pence I will vote for.
He is the only man who stood up to the former president.
That earns him a vote of confidence with me.
I think he’s the second coming of George W. Bush… somehow I’m ok with that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:23 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:11 am
Huckabee opened his show with a monologue that said basically if Trump doesn't win this election there will be violence and bullets not ballots will decide elections after that. If that doesn't wake up normal minded people then nothing will. Th Trump train needs to go the hell away.
Huckabee has always been a pandering hack. He is a shining example of how Evangelical Christianity is actually an anti-christian organization.

I've been asked why the big issue with seemingly mild people like Audiophile. The answer is that at the root of his belief stems from hatred for those people who don't believe in the kind of shit that comes of Huckabee's mouth. Audio is quit a fan.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 am

To me, Huckabee saying that is an admission that Trump can't win and he is laying the ground work for the ever continuing election fraud BS we have been hearing for what seems like forever.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:03 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 am
To me, Huckabee saying that is an admission that Trump can't win and he is laying the ground work for the ever continuing election fraud BS we have been hearing for what seems like forever.
It’s always a crime when they lose. The normal political reinvention cycle of “gee that didn’t work we better get new ideas that do” has stopped within the Republican Party for some reason. It may go back to folks like Rush Limbaugh informing listeners far and wide that the people voted for Democrats because they weren’t true enough to their conservative principles and were being punished by the voters who actually agree with them but can’t accept someone who didn’t stick to their guns so they voted Democrat. Yeah it doesn’t make sense but it’s been pushed hard over the years by more than just him.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:52 am

For the sake of our country, I hope Huckabee is wrong with his statement. I also hope our country does not become like what has happened to Alexey Navalny (google it). I may have missed BMW's point in other threads. He was advocating we treat our former presidents carefully to prevent polarization (and maybe even "bulletization"). In other words, deal with disagreements at the ballotbox, not the criminal courtroom.

I prefer to keep some of the things Trump started, like being tough on China, anti-war through strength, and pro-business, BUT have somebody like Mike Pence or Desantis carrying it out. We need get off/ease off this crazy circle somehow.

Maybe Democrats should come out and vote for somebody Mike Pence in the Primary, knowing he will do the right thing for both sides.
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:36 am

I supported Huckabee in 2008 for one reason and one reason only - he was a proponent of the FairTax.

And to audiophile's post - what I've said in other threads on here (to the disagreement of most who post here) is that there needs to be a higher threshold for what past Presidents should be criminally prosecuted for compared to the average person, particularly when the behavior being prosecuted took place while in office and/or was related to one's time in office. Said behavior should be dealt with at the ballot box, not in the courtroom.

As to the recent push to keep Trump off the ballot - those who are pushing this idea are playing with fire. Again, don't like Trump? Don't vote for him. Think Trump shouldn't be the Republican nominee? Vote for somebody else in the primaries. This is how you de-throne somebody like Trump. If he wins the primary fair and square, then he deserves the nomination. If he wins the general election fair and square, he deserves to be President again.

All of these end-arounds (criminal prosecution, lawsuits to keep him off the ballot, etc) just turn him into a martyr and frankly increase his chances of holding office again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:53 am

Huckabee either changed over the years or his true self has come out.

I agree with many here that using the 14th Amendment (albeit in bastardized fashion) as a means of keeping Trump or any other candidate off the ballot is a terrible idea.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:15 am

I think BMW clarifies it much better the Huckabee, but they saying similar things in regard to Trump at the ballot box.

You will always have people that think Trump did a lot of good things, despite his character flaws, prosecuting him only polarizes the country.

Bad idea.
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:21 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:16 pm
HD74 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:58 pm
Pence I will vote for.
He is the only man who stood up to the former president.
That earns him a vote of confidence with me.
I think he’s the second coming of George W. Bush… somehow I’m ok with that.

When you think about it, Pence was only one to really not to bow down Trump, while still remaining respectful. True character IMHO.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:37 am

You can't call yourself an intelligent person AND say Trump deserves to be president again. The two are incompatible.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:18 am

Suddenly conservatives are concerned about the country being divided… after Trump and his patsies did their damage and are now being held accountable.

Just let him off free. No problem. Everything will resolve and we can sing kumbaya together.

Laughable.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:18 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:52 am

Maybe Democrats should come out and vote for somebody Mike Pence in the Primary, knowing he will do the right thing for both sides.
Pence can't keep his weird faith out of politics, he will never win.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:29 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:37 am
You can't call yourself an intelligent person AND say Trump deserves to be president again. The two are incompatible.
Are you suggesting that if Trump wins the primary fair and square and if he wins the Electoral College in the general that he should still not be President at that point?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:54 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:17 am
The 14th was written to keep civil and military officers who joined the Confederacy from holding public office.

Wouldn't Trump need to be charged and convicted of insurrection before it would apply? Not one of the counts he is facing in the four indictments come close to charging this much bandied about insurrection because even the leftist loon prosecutors know they couldn't convict.
The 14th does NOT require charges. In fact insurrection itself is not a crime. There’s conspiracy and sedition though. What we have is a lot of room for interpretation as usual with the constitution. But there were over 100,000 people to disqualify from office when it was written… you couldn’t try and convict them all. The amendment didn’t even bother to describe who decides who’s disqualified.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:36 pm

Look, I agree with TCT. Let's just forget any of it happened. Just get Trump back into office. For those four years, I was making $500,000 year, lived in a million dollar home, drove a brand new car, had millions in savings and everything cost a nickel. Now we live in mud huts, sucking dick for clean water and peddling kids asses just for a slice of bread. Penny candy now costs ten bucks. Nothing bad happened in life when Trump was president. The only four years in all existence where everything was peachy and A-OK. There were ZERO problems in anyone's life. Or in the country. Or in the world.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic