Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CBS POLL: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: CBS POLL: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Great post, Mega.

The censorship king from out of state.

teetoppz28

Re: CBS POLL: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:08 pm

Isn’t it hilarious that when MAGAts are presented with facts, they stop posting??

Where’s bmw, audio, bryce, lido, etc.??
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:17 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:08 pm
Isn’t it hilarious that when MAGAts are presented with facts, they stop posting??

Ya' know, that's not it for me. I kinda get if they say "he's the lesser of two evils". I don't agree, but can see it. But who are the devoted people that love this asshole? That's what I can't get my head around.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:31 pm

I mean, I have admitted on numerous occasions that I understand WHY the prospect of a Donald Trump was so irresistible. I think that most of us can agree on we're tired of Clintons and Bushes and Bidens and Pelosis and McConnells. Lifetime jobs, only there for the perks, really couldn't give a crouching tiger, flying fuck about anyone else. I think they truly believe Trump is their last hope, the Messiah to end all Messiahs. If not HIM, then who?

And I know where they're coming from. Joe Biden isn't working 40 hours a week and makes enough for rent, half a tank of gas and, when walking into the grocery store, sees that those $5 potatoes are now $7.99, but his paycheck stays the same.

So I get the need. I get the want. I get the GOTTA HAVE. I really do. But that is the hill they want to die on? Face it, from now until...who knows...it's gonna be 97% wedge issues. Kneeling. Beer. The flag. LGBTQ+. Abortions. Nobody's voting based on candidate A's 34.7% tax rate and candidate B's 35.1% tax rate anymore.

"We have met the enemy and he is us"
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:51 pm

Lotta truth in what you're saying Mega.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:54 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:31 pm
I mean, I have admitted on numerous occasions that I understand WHY the prospect of a Donald Trump was so irresistible. I think that most of us can agree on we're tired of Clintons and Bushes and Bidens and Pelosis and McConnells. Lifetime jobs, only there for the perks, really couldn't give a crouching tiger, flying fuck about anyone else. I think they truly believe Trump is their last hope, the Messiah to end all Messiahs. If not HIM, then who?

And I know where they're coming from. Joe Biden isn't working 40 hours a week and makes enough for rent, half a tank of gas and, when walking into the grocery store, sees that those $5 potatoes are now $7.99, but his paycheck stays the same.

So I get the need. I get the want. I get the GOTTA HAVE. I really do. But that is the hill they want to die on? Face it, from now until...who knows...it's gonna be 97% wedge issues. Kneeling. Beer. The flag. LGBTQ+. Abortions. Nobody's voting based on candidate A's 34.7% tax rate and candidate B's 35.1% tax rate anymore.

Law of diminishing returns… that doesn’t work with millenials on down very well… so unless something changes the GOP will be up shits creek without a paddle by 2035-2040. You can’t get very far if wedge issues like these don’t resonate with most available voters. Every year this working for them gets slightly harder as their base literally dies off. That’s why political parties look at what the people want and try to offer that. Doubling down and saying you were rejected because you didn’t adhere to your principles hard enough when the principles a majority wants are way different is political suicide.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

Law of diminishing returns… that doesn’t work with millenials on down very well… so unless something changes the GOP will be up shits creek without a paddle by 2035-2040. You can’t get very far if wedge issues like these don’t resonate with most available voters. Every year this working for them gets slightly harder as their base literally dies off. That’s why political parties look at what the people want and try to offer that. Doubling down and saying you were rejected because you didn’t adhere to your principles hard enough when the principles a majority wants are way different is political suicide.
Which is all fine and good, BUT, the here and now got thr judicial branch in conservative hands for at least a generation, barring some catastrophe. Face it, Donald Trump IS the Republican party for the foreseeable future. And I don't think the toothpaste is getting back in the tube. What direction do they go in next? It isn't like we're gonna wake up one day to an "LOL j/k we're back to normal". Can you honestly name one thing that could happen in the next five years that would make a majority of Americans come together on something?
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:50 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

Which is all fine and good, BUT, the here and now got thr judicial branch in conservative hands for at least a generation, barring some catastrophe. Face it, Donald Trump IS the Republican party for the foreseeable future. And I don't think the toothpaste is getting back in the tube. What direction do they go in next? It isn't like we're gonna wake up one day to an "LOL j/k we're back to normal". Can you honestly name one thing that could happen in the next five years that would make a majority of Americans come together on something?
Not right off the top of my head.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:18 pm

Can you honestly name one thing that could happen in the next five years that would make a majority of Americans come together on something?
Watch the film "Don't Look Up" if you're looking for an answer to that question.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:21 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:18 pm
Can you honestly name one thing that could happen in the next five years that would make a majority of Americans come together on something?
Watch the film "Don't Look Up" if you're looking for an answer to that question.
I saw that! I couldn't believe how close to reality it was. If my wife hadn't told me it was a movie I would have believed it to be real.
-TurkeyTop

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:03 am

That, or Idiocracy.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:09 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:03 am
That, or Idiocracy.
You beat me to it! Sadly, that movie is definitely turning into a documentary very quickly!

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:35 pm

This exactly! It's a bit disturbing and terrifying at the same time. I think it's leading to a slippery slope putting Trump right with Jesus Christ. I don't understand why people get sucked into these cults. Are people gullible? Mental illness?
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:38 pm
Honeyman and Matt are correct. My family knows people in West Michigan who view Trump on almost the same level as Jesus Christ.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:06 pm

Taco wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:35 pm
This exactly! It's a bit disturbing and terrifying at the same time. I think it's leading to a slippery slope putting Trump right with Jesus Christ. I don't understand why people get sucked into these cults. Are people gullible? Mental illness?
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:38 pm
Honeyman and Matt are correct. My family knows people in West Michigan who view Trump on almost the same level as Jesus Christ.
This shit right here is ridiculous: https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/status ... 1188632582

Why do tRumpanzees worship this orange piece of shit? I know none of the forum MAGAts will answer me; they never do.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:52 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:08 pm

I already stated my point of view - that the poll in question does not provide sufficient information to conclude much of anything about Trump voters. And there are other glaring problems with the questions themselves that I didn't get into.

If you want my comment on idea of "poll aside, there's still a lot of Trump voters who worship him," all I can say is, so what? You all act as if celebrity worship is something new. I'll bet I could come up with a number of celebrity figures who, over the years, would have gotten higher "trust" ratings than people's own family and friends. Religious reasons aside, I don't think it is healthy or wise to worship another human being, but that is everyone's right.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic