Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

From FOX News Tonight.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: From FOX News Tonight.

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:29 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:59 am
Round Six wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:17 am
Although I don't know where and who, can't shag the feeling the chyron was breaking news about something somewhere else in the world:

Chyron
noun
Graphics or words at the bottom of a TV screen usually unrelated to the current viewing content.
Where in the fuck did you get that definition? That’s like saying Earth: probably flat.
When I searched to make sure I was spelling it right, this came up as a definition:

https://www.wordnik.com/words/chyron
I suppose Lower 3rd would work better. But the idea that it has nothing to do with the content at hand in the program is where the objection is… that’s all the graphic is for. Literally its sole purpose.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:14 pm

If the words were going across the screen ticker-tape style it would be a lower third crawl (produced from a Chyron character generator)

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:17 pm

The story has a happy ending:

Tucker Carlson's Old Producer Is Out At Fox News After 'Wannabe Dictator' Graphic

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alexande ... e51a9ade0d

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:50 am

The dude deserved to be fired. That was a ridiculous chyron, even for a propagandist network like Fox News.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am

I agree that it was a ridiculous graphic to put on-screen. But fired? This isn't the first time a sitting President has been referred to as a "wannabe dictator" on a cable news network. MSNBC has since deleted the video, but there is a Newsweek article referencing this. Nov. 2018 Headline: "Donald Trump Is a 'Completely Cornered Doddering Dictator Wannabe,' Says Morning Joe Host Mika Brzezinski"
Donald Trump is "angry and out of it" in the wake of the Democratic Party's victory in the House of Representatives in the midterms, MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski said.

Brzezinski was responding today to statements made by host Joe Scarborough, who accused the U.S. president of "acting as if he is running a campaign on laser-targeting white nationalists." Scarborough noted that the midterms gave Republicans "their worst loss since Watergate, saying" that despite the recent negative electoral performance, Trump's rhetoric remained harsh.

"The behavior really shows to me, from knowing the man, the completely cornered, doddering dictator wannabe—that is the behavior that we're seeing," Brzezinski commented.
Yet, she still has a job at MSNBC. Ironically, the word "doddering" would have more appropriately been used in the Fox News graphic than as it was used by Mika.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:34 am

But mom, Timmy threw a rock, too!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:55 am

I'm simply pointing out that this is nothing new. The only thing new about it is somebody getting fired. A host can call President Trump a "doddering dictator wannabe" on-air and not only keep her job, but the network deletes the video as if it never happened and nobody (other than Newsweek) bats an eye. But a behind-the-scenes graphics guy at Fox News puts up an identical graphic about Biden (minus the word doddering) and he gets fired and his graphic gets all kinds of national news coverage.

I suppose one could argue that at least Fox News, unlike their competition, is actually holding people accountable for this kind of behavior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:36 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:55 am
I'm simply pointing out that this is nothing new. The only thing new about it is somebody getting fired. A host can call President Trump a "doddering dictator wannabe" on-air and not only keep her job, but the network deletes the video as if it never happened and nobody (other than Newsweek) bats an eye. But a behind-the-scenes graphics guy at Fox News puts up an identical graphic about Biden (minus the word doddering) and he gets fired and his graphic gets all kinds of national news coverage.

I suppose one could argue that at least Fox News, unlike their competition, is actually holding people accountable for this kind of behavior.
The PRODUCER who put it up did so next to the FOX News LOGO. In other words the opinion “wannabe dictator…” is FOX’s not the host of the show or the producer or gods from a viewership perspective. Even FOX doesn’t want to be involved in that and so they fired him. A child of five can figure it out if a host is saying that then they are giving THEIR opinion and not the networks as a whole. So there really isn’t a comparison here. FOX fired this guy to protect whatever reputation it has. They are not going to fire a host on an individual show from expressing the same kind of thing because it’s isolated and there isn’t a network logo pointing directly at crazy words on screen.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:41 pm

Extremely well stated. I agree that it was worse to have the remark in a network-branded "breaking news alert" chyron as if to suggest it is indisputable fact.

If one of the hot air pundits at FNC had made the remark, I would not be calling for that person's termination.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:23 pm

Perhaps none of these are quite as egregious as the FNC example, but cable news networks have a history of painting an opinion-based characterization of a sitting President as fact through their on-screen graphics.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:41 pm
Most Trusted

Snowflakes!
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic