Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden Admin Pushed Out $182 Billion Worth Of Regulations In A Single Week

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Biden Admin Pushed Out $182 Billion Worth Of Regulations In A Single Week

Post by Rate This » Wed May 10, 2023 9:01 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:13 am
audiophile wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:45 pm
Come on, Audio, get with the times. It's time to adapt to 21st century technology. Quit fighting it, you old fuddy duddy.
Post of the year! :lol

I have been conserving my entire life, but I do not agree government should be mandating on this short timetable as the electric grid cannot handle it without massive changes. I'm concerned about rolling brown outs (which will return to a third-world status) massive electric rate increases plus lack of road funds from no road taxes being collected.

60% of electricity is still "fossil fuels" run through a 20% efficient steam turbine/electric grid. We would far better off to that same natural gas into a 40% efficient engine, with mild hybrid technology to recover braking losses.

If it's all about conservation, we're missing the mark because we're caught up in buzzwords like "electric" forgetting where the electricity comes from.
We're already seeing that with DTE's 30% increase in the cost for "peak time" electricity over the "non peak" power.

We're lucky last year wasn't a very hot one, as they FREQUENTLY hit peak production last year. Just a 5% percent increase would have caused them to start shutting down all the air conditioners they could.
How do you propose they tell air conditioners to shut off?

The peak rates thing makes sense to a point.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 10, 2023 9:08 am

Rate This, my guess would be rolling blackouts.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 am

zzand wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:08 am
I suppose it’s possible but I don’t find it likely… an electric car isn’t drawing that much more juice than a washing machine or other appliance with a big plug is it?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:32 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:01 am
We are enrolled in this program with Consumers Energy: https://www.consumersenergy.com/residen ... ak-cycling

The fun thing is, we hardly ever use our A/C, and we get credits and cash back just for being enrolled! 8o
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:47 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:01 am

The peak rates thing makes sense to a point.
It's called their "COOL CURRENTS" program and it allows them to shut off YOUR AC remotely.

Peak rates might make sense in many applications, but in this implementation it's basically an unavoidable TAX because it applies to ALL your usage during those hours, regardless if there are cheap sources of generation available or not. it's effectively subsidizing intermittent (and expensive) forms of generation like the wind turbines.
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 am
zzand wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:08 am
I suppose it’s possible but I don’t find it likely… an electric car isn’t drawing that much more juice than a washing machine or other appliance with a big plug is it?
Electric cars consume MUCH more juice than a washing machine or other appliance with a 'big plug'. My dryer might only consumer 0.54 kWh for each cycle, but even putting a HALF charge in an EV could take 40-50 kWh!!

And they'll also do other nefarious things like what APPLE implemented on all their devices. Depending on where you are and the time of day (and their estimated fuel-source mix of the local electric), your APPLE device might not charge AT ALL, or charge at a much reduced rate if they think you're using electricity that's not "green" enough for their agenda.

I believe you can now turn off (or minimize) that function on your APPLE devices, but YOU have to go in a do it because the default settings enable it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic