Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WSJ: Breakthrough cases represent 0.1% of vaccinated people

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: WSJ: Breakthrough cases represent 0.1% of vaccinated people

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:28 pm

What we need is a different kind of lockdown. Business as usual for the vaccinated and lockdown for the unvaccinated.

I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Here's yet another example of a talk radio know-it-all who is now regretting his prior positions & statements regarding COVID:

https://news.radio-online.com/articles/ ... -19-Battle
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:56 pm
Here's yet another example of a talk radio know-it-all who is now regretting his prior positions & statements regarding COVID:

Sounds like he won't be regretting them for too much longer.

Thoughts and prayers....
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:13 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:00 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Sounds like he won't be regretting them for too much longer.

Thoughts and prayers....
He's doing his part to obtain natural immunity that will lead to herd immunity! Or so I've heard...

Mike Shirkey is a real horse's ass too: https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 169193002/
The highest-ranking elected Republican in Michigan says he'll have natural immunity "forever" against COVID-19 because he contracted the disease in December,
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:38 pm

You all keep mocking my stance all you want. Sometimes the one person who gets mocked the most ends being the person who is correct in the end. Time will tell.

Laugh off natural immunity all you want. Reality is, whether you want to accept it or not, that a certain percentage of the population must develop natural immunity for this pandemic to end. Vaccines by themselves won't do it when the vaccine doesn't prevent you from spreading the virus.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Speaking for myself, I'm not mocking you beemer. I have issues with people like this idiot, who has a pulpit to reach many people, providing false information to his audience. And karma is a bitch....because if he got the shot, he wouldn't be dying.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:38 pm
You all keep mocking my stance all you want. Sometimes the one person who gets mocked the most ends being the person who is correct in the end. Time will tell.

Laugh off natural immunity all you want. Reality is, whether you want to accept it or not, that a certain percentage of the population must develop natural immunity for this pandemic to end. Vaccines by themselves won't do it when the vaccine doesn't prevent you from spreading the virus.
Again, we're past the point for giving a damn about who was right. It's time to cut our losses and push through. The quickest way to that appears to be near universal vaccination. We also need to be told the truth that this thing is endemic and we're going to have to deal with it.

Also, China is going to have to be dealt with for at the very least negligence. I don't have any confidence in the current #Americans Back Administration in Washington, given how badly they've FUBAR'ed Afghanistan.

EDIT: Even you have to admit Shirkey's comments are idiotic...
Last edited by Matt on Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Reality is, whether you want to accept it or not, that a certain percentage of the population must develop natural immunity for this pandemic to end. Vaccines by themselves won't do it when the vaccine doesn't prevent you from spreading the virus.
You are correct, certainly, that the vaccine does not prevent the virus from being spread. However, the vaccine is very effective at mitigating the symptoms, and over time, the vaccine will likely be improved.

Those who are vaccinated, contract the virus, and suffer only mild symptoms will likely develop the natural immunity - even if temporary - of which you speak.

I think Matt is spot on when he mentions "endemic." This thing is likely always going to be around in some form or fashion.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Can't someone with natural immunity spread it just the same as someone that has been vaxed when it comes to reinfections / breakthrough cases?
Now, a new NIH-supported study shows that the answer to this question will vary based on how an individual’s antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 were generated: over the course of a naturally acquired infection or from a COVID-19 vaccine. The new evidence shows that protective antibodies generated in response to an mRNA vaccine will target a broader range of SARS-CoV-2 variants carrying “single letter” changes in a key portion of their spike protein compared to antibodies acquired from an infection.

These results add to evidence that people with acquired immunity may have differing levels of protection to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. More importantly, the data provide further documentation that those who’ve had and recovered from a COVID-19 infection still stand to benefit from getting vaccinated.
https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/2 ... infection/

Natural immunity can help - but clearly not enough to get us over this thing in the fastest way possible thanks to the virus' ability to mutate and get around natural immunity faster than our collective bodies can learn how to fight off those mutations.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:42 pm

Case after case also shows that early treatment mitigates serious symptoms. The biggest mistake we made (and continue to make) is sending people home until they get sicker before we start treatment.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:25 am

Here's a fun drinking game... take a drink every time BMW tries to sell his herd immunity nonsense. It's like 5 times in each covid thread.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:58 am

While natural immunity is a wonderful thing people are dying in your quest for that. Spare me your stats that shows the figures, one death is too many and the vaccines are helping keep people alive. I will take the vaccine over one more death every time.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:15 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:58 am
While natural immunity is a wonderful thing people are dying in your quest for that. Spare me your stats that shows the figures, one death is too many and the vaccines are helping keep people alive. I will take the vaccine over one more death every time.
zackly. Waiting for herd immunity is like Rube Goldberg machine. Just go to a CVS, get the shot and you don't have to worry about dying.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:41 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:26 pm
Those who are vaccinated, contract the virus, and suffer only mild symptoms will likely develop the natural immunity - even if temporary - of which you speak.
Can you please link me to any source that suggests this is indeed the case? I've been looking to an answer to this precise question (whether vaccinated people who get breakthrough cases develop natural immunity on top of their vaccinated immunity) and I have yet to locate a scientific answer anywhere.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:29 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:13 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:57 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:43 am
Why are the vaccinated wearing masks again?

We're wearing masks to protect the people who refuse to protect themselves.
It’s to protect the elderly. Remember it was for only two weeks.
No one said two weeks other than Dump. Based on the way cases were accelerating in February 2020, I knew it would at least be a couple months. His inaction to lead and opposition to masks and social distancing is why this country is where it is now.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic