Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Following Science Is Important. How About Math?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Following Science Is Important. How About Math?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:13 pm
Me? I would rather the most responsible and organized among us decide the direction of the country.
And by responsible and organized you mean.....?

Do you think some 23 year old kid who dropped out of high school working at a minimum wage job shouldn't have the same rights as you do as an American? And the most basic right.....to vote.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:17 pm
Bryce wrote:
Me? I would rather the most responsible and organized among us decide the direction of the country.

Do you think some 23 year old kid who dropped out of high school working at a minimum wage job shouldn't have the same rights as you do as an American? And the most basic right.....to vote.
By organized and responsible, I mean being able to manage your life and responsibilities in such a way that if voting is important to you, you can manage to register to do so at least 30 days prior to the election.

If that 23 year old is responsible enough to register to vote 30 days prior to the election, ABSOLUTELY!
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:24 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:17 pm
Bryce wrote:

By organized and responsible, I mean being able to manage your life and responsibilities in such a way that if voting is important to you, you can manage to register to do so at least 30 days prior to the election.

If that 23 year old is responsible enough to register to vote 30 days prior to the election, ABSOLUTELY!
What is wrong with making it easier to vote? We live in a society that thrives on fast. E-mails, Amazon delivery, streaming... Why should there be a 30 day window? You're a young at heart guy Bryce, you know how it was when you were in your 20's.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:42 pm

If fraud is being alleged here, who were the beneficiaries of the fraud? Trump increased his vote from 2016. The Republican held the Senate and made gains in Congress. Is that an indication they cheated?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:33 pm
What is wrong with making it easier to vote? We live in a society that thrives on fast. E-mails, Amazon delivery, streaming... Why should there be a 30 day window? You're a young at heart guy Bryce, you know how it was when you were in your 20's.
Well, let me put it this way. We have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Although I spent a fair amount of time carrying a firearm with me every day, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in places that were hot and had lots of sand, back in the good old USA, I couldn't do so automatically. I couldn't apply today and do so tomorrow. I had to jump through a WHOLE bunch of hoops to be able to do so. Even though I was extremely well trained with the proper use of firearms by the best in the world, had to protect not only against the enemy, but was responsible for keeping the people that Uncle Sam trained to kill people in line, I was forced to go through additional "training" by the State of Michigan. After background checks by both the State Police and the FBI and appearing before a gun board that consisted of people with far less firearm and usage training than I have and waiting almost 5 months, I was granted the "permission" to carry a firearm.

If I could do this to exercise a "Constitutional Right", one that allows me protect my family and loved ones while in public, I have a hard time showing empathy to someone that claims they can't resister to vote 30 days prior to an election.
Last edited by Bryce on Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:42 pm
If fraud is being alleged here, who were the beneficiaries of the fraud? Trump increased his vote from 2016. The Republican held the Senate and made gains in Congress. Is that an indication they cheated?
THATS another point that makes Trump loosing even harder to explain. Thanks for adding it in.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:54 pm

PS...

It sure is nice to be able to have a reasonable debate with very little trolling...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
THATS another point that makes Trump loosing even harder to explain. Thanks for adding it in.

Maybe the GOP was mainly interested in the Congress and Senate and didn't include Trump in their fraud.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:56 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Maybe the GOP was mainly interested in the Congress and Senate and didn't include Trump in their fraud.
So you're saying the GOP was a co conspirator in the fraud? I won't argue that point.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:01 pm

I think it's very understandable that carrying a firearm should have a much longer approval time than a right to vote. Not discounting your situation, but I wouldn't want it to be a simple sign up situation and you could get a gun as easy as a hamburger.

To take it further, I will accept that even an idiot like bidet should have the right to vote.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:57 pm

So you're saying the GOP was a co conspirator in the fraud? I won't argue that point.

I don't believe there was any fraud. I'm just trying to help you in your struggle to explain what could have happened.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:01 pm
I think it's very understandable that carrying a firearm should have a much longer approval time than a right to vote. Not discounting your situation, but I wouldn't want it to be a simple sign up situation and you could get a gun as easy as a hamburger.

To take it further, I will accept that even an idiot like bidet should have the right to vote.
Yes, Bidet should have the right to vote. But, it shouldn't be as easy as buying a hamburger either. The people that lead our country and set our policy affects many more people than one person carrying a gun. The people that choose them should show they have a modicum of responsibility.

May I remind you that MANY people are carrying a gun illegally, ( read through my Probation System Is Broken Thread in the MI Pol Pot) which I wouldn't do and showed the responsibility to jump through hoops to do so. I think many people have voted illegally just as the less than responsible people do illegal things every day. In my world, they don't get a hand in deciding the direction of my country.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 pm

I don't see why we cannot make voting easy. I also happen to believe that filing taxes should be easier as well, but that's another story.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 pm
I don't see why we cannot make voting easy. I also happen to believe that filing taxes should be easier as well, but that's another story.
Here's a novel idea: how about we stop taxing economic production and start taxing economic consumption?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 pm
Here's a novel idea: how about we stop taxing economic production and start taxing economic consumption?
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer with a flat tax. Absolutely not.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic