Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democrat Primary predictions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Democrat Primary predictions

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:48 pm
Never mind Bloomberg if this is true: https://nypost.com/2020/02/15/bloomberg ... ning-mate/

Probably fake news...hes a lot of things, stupid is not one of them.
Let's see... an article in the NY Post sourced from the Drudge Report sourced from someone "close to the campaign". Ya' think? (although a quick look around the internet shows there are plenty of rubes drinking that particular paper cup of Kool-Aid, bless their hearts)

MW's notion that a Bloomberg/Klobuchar ticket would be formidable is spot-on. Should it come to pass and there are no "October Surprises", Trump* supporters should buy their "TRUMP WINS SECOND TERM" T-shirts early before they are liquidated and shipped off to clothe third-world children along with the "Atlanta Falcons 2017 Superbowl LI Champions" garments already in their meager wardrobes.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:38 am

Matthew Santos picks Leo McGarry as running mate fmr president becomes secretary of state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Santos
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:33 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:07 pm
It is being reported everywhere that he is considering her. If you think about it, it does make sense. Both are from New York. She was in congress for them and she did win the popular vote in 2016. But her star has tarnished and fallen since then and I will say it before someone else does, people who have dealings with the Clinton's have a high death rate.
The same people who would vote for him would vote for her, so she's not bringing any votes to the ballot.

Would it matter if the folks already to "likely vote for him" get moved to "will certainly vote for him" ? I don't think so.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 am

I'm still curious - why isn't anybody in the Democrat party condemning Bloomberg for trying to use his own personal wealth to essentially "buy" the nomination? They complain incessantly about the Citizens United decision, arguing that the rich have too much influence in Washington, yet when one of their own candidates - one of the 10 richest people in the country - spends hundreds of millions of his own dollars (probably billions before all is said and done), we hear.....crickets.

I know comparing someone spending his/her own money to someone being beholden to someone else buying influence is sort of an apples-to-oranges comparison, but the general idea that the uber-rich shouldn't be able to use their extreme wealth to buy influence in Washington (and obviously buying your way to the top would be the ultimate example of this) is one that I would think Democrats would not support. Unless it is one of their own, I guess, which makes me think that they're not opposed to money in politics, but rather opposed to REPUBLICAN money in politics.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:20 am

I think it it the fact that when he entered the race he was one of three rich men paying his own way, Yang, Steyer and Bloomberg and they wanted as little press about that as possible. Yang is out, Steyer should be out, at least his commercials have quit running in my area. Once Bloomberg is the only one left the attacks will start. Alternate opinion is the DNC may think with Biden tanking he is their only hope of keeping Bernie at bay. To me the real question is, would Bloomberg do what Trump is doing and donate his paycheck to charities every quarter?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:30 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:20 am
I think it it the fact that when he entered the race he was one of three rich men paying his own way, Yang, Steyer and Bloomberg and they wanted as little press about that as possible. Yang is out, Steyer should be out, at least his commercials have quit running in my area. Once Bloomberg is the only one left the attacks will start. Alternate opinion is the DNC may think with Biden tanking he is their only hope of keeping Bernie at bay. To me the real question is, would Bloomberg do what Trump is doing and donate his paycheck to charities every quarter?
What a ridiculous question. So Trump* is donating $600K/yr. give or take while running up a golf outing tab in the millions? The minute one of the Dem's step into the Oval Office the country will be money ahead in terms of the White House budget.

As far as Bloomberg attacks, the one thing I will say about him, he's not afraid to punch back hard on Trump*. Much harder than any of the other candidates in the field who still seem to be under the impression that there's an ounce of civility left in Trump* and his band of sycophants. Your welcome to criticize me for being some variation of "Those libs are mean, is that what you call being compassionate or willing to take the high road?" but I'm more than happy to see ever person who enabled that criminal to sit in the White House get repeatedly skull fucked hard for what they inflicted on our nation. There, i said it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Not a ridiculous question. Will Bloomberg donate his pay? His answer will be revealing. Obama ran up a golf tab in the millions too...BFD, goes with the territory.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:06 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:35 pm
Not a ridiculous question. Will Bloomberg donate his pay? His answer will be revealing. Obama ran up a golf tab in the millions too...BFD, goes with the territory.your
If he did would that be enough to make you wear one of these?

I'll personally make sure one comes your way if I thought a salary donation by Bloomberg was they only thing holding back your support but I'm guessing it's not, so your question is little more than inconsequential noise. That fact that you attempted to make a comparison with Obama's golf tab and Trump*'s just reinforces that. Your trolling skills need a lot more work if you want to play in the big leagues.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Not a troll, not a Trump supporter nor would I vote for Bloomberg. If those are my choices in November i will do what I did in 2016, not press the button for president. But I did show that liberals resort to name calling when put in a corner. You sir are a major league asshat, but you already know that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:52 pm

"the liberals resort to name calling"

SERIOUSLY?!?

There has never been a president who has lowered the status of the office remotely close to Trump with his insults and grade-school name calling.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:55 pm

So am I to assume, based on the responses thus far, that the left has no problem with Bloomberg's wealth?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:22 pm
Not a troll, not a Trump supporter nor would I vote for Bloomberg. If those are my choices in November i will do what I did in 2016, not press the button for president. But I did show that liberals resort to name calling when put in a corner. You sir are a major league asshat, but you already know that.
That makes your opinion even less valuable. Do us all a favor and stick with what you're good with... staying on the sidelines.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm
Do us all a favor and stick with what you're good with... staying on the sidelines.
Much like what you're doing in this particular thread. You've responded to nothing but the tangents.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:15 pm

I'm still curious - why isn't anybody in the Democrat party condemning Bloomberg for trying to use his own personal wealth to essentially "buy" the nomination?
Actually, this very point was bandied about on the Sunday shows today.

Also, if what's been reported in the WASHINGTON Post (not NY Post) is true, Bloomberg will have a LOT of damage control ahead of him, and his electability could be compromised.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... erg-women/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ent-women/
Not a ridiculous question. Will Bloomberg donate his pay? His answer will be revealing.
I suspect there is a 99.999999% chance he would. $600k/yr. to him is like $6 to the rest of us.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Well he does at least have a decent amount of executive experience. 12 years as mayor of New York city is nothing to sneeze at.
You do realize he founded a massive company, which he leads to this very day, correct?

The only time he wasn't CEO was when he was mayor of NYC and for about eight months thereafter.

https://www.forbes.com/companies/bloomb ... f51db774a1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg

I'd say that - plus his mayoral tenure - amounts to more than simply a "decent amount" of executive experience. :blink

Before I forget - I'm of the mind that a combined Bloomberg - Clinton ticket would indeed be a very foolish endeavor! In fact, one could argue that would leave a decent-sized opening for Bernie Sanders to potentially launch a third party or independent candidacy in the general election.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic