Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Your opinion, please

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Your opinion, please

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:28 pm

TCT: I feel it is pretty elitist for you and BO to think the rural folks are unenlightened...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:00 pm

audiophile wrote:TCT: I feel it is pretty elitist for you and BO to think the rural folks are unenlightened...
Me or him or both?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:05 pm

No, not you NS.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Bryce wrote:As regular posters already know, I wasn't a fan of President Trump during the election cycle. I still find him a bit boorish, but that may be what regular folks find attractive about him.

I will say this though. I know, for certain, President Trump loves and respects this country, what it stands for, and what the men and women of this great land accomplished in 245 years. I don't believe that the last inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania avenue did. In fact, I feel he even felt some amount of scorn for the regular folks that populate middle America.

For this reason alone, Donald J. Trump has my full support and loyalty as my President. He will hold it until future actions warrant something less.

Holy Cow, Bryce.....I could not have said that better with a day to think about it and 15 edits.

Great words.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:42 am

Bryce wrote:As regular posters already know, I wasn't a fan of President Trump during the election cycle. I still find him a bit boorish, but that may be what regular folks find attractive about him.

I will say this though. I know, for certain, President Trump loves and respects this country, what it stands for, and what the men and women of this great land accomplished in 245 years. I don't believe that the last inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania avenue did. In fact, I feel he even felt some amount of scorn for the regular folks that populate middle America.

For this reason alone, Donald J. Trump has my full support and loyalty as my President. He will hold it until future actions warrant something less.
I'm in a wait-and-see mode Bryce. We're three days into his presidency. I don't really know where he's gonna go from this point.

While I hope you're right in your assertion, my main concern with President Trump is whether he will ultimately serve the country's interests over his own. My take is that Trump is a populist who, true to his ego, will want history to fondly remember him. We may see some policies come out of his administration that surprise us all. Some on the left may be pleased, some on the right may be disappointed, and vice-versa. My guess is that he will be more of a centrist once he settles in, but that's just a guess.

One thing that gives me hope about the new president is his negotiation skills. Ronald Reagan, love him or hate him, was able to reach across the aisle and compromise. At the end of the day he could have a beer with Tip O'Neil and hammer things out. Although I'm not a fan of Mr. Trump and voted neither for him or his Democrat opponent, I do think he understands the difference between rhetoric and reality. Although I'm sure the rhetoric will continue from both sides (it always does), now it's time to get down to nuts and bolts. Nobody really knows what's around the corner, but I hope and pray that the future will be bright for all Americans, whether they supported him or not.
Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:41 am

Calvert DeForest wrote: One thing that gives me hope about the new president is his negotiation skills. Ronald Reagan, love him or hate him, was able to reach across the aisle and compromise. At the end of the day he could have a beer with Tip O'Neil and hammer things out.
Unfortunately Calvert, these are different times. In the Reagan era, the House and the Senate weren't populated with Democrats that were left wing loons and radicals. Part of the reason Reagan could sit down with Tip O'Neil was because of Tip O'Neil. I don't see the same thing happening with the likes of Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders.

Republicans may have to fight to win and forget negotiations. Sort of like what the left did on Christmas Eve seven years ago. There wasn't any deal making or compromise. Remember? "Elections have consequences. We won".
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Bryce wrote:
Calvert DeForest wrote: One thing that gives me hope about the new president is his negotiation skills. Ronald Reagan, love him or hate him, was able to reach across the aisle and compromise. At the end of the day he could have a beer with Tip O'Neil and hammer things out.
Unfortunately Calvert, these are different times. In the Reagan era, the House and the Senate weren't populated with Democrats that were left wing loons and radicals. Part of the reason Reagan could sit down with Tip O'Neil was because of Tip O'Neil. I don't see the same thing happening with the likes of Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders.

Republicans may have to fight to win and forget negotiations. Sort of like what the left did on Christmas Eve seven years ago. There wasn't any deal making or compromise. Remember? "Elections have consequences. We won".
Unfortunately Bryce the right is filled with loons and wackos... you're not winning the argument by pretending one side is sane and the other isn't... it's not so...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:19 pm

NS8401 wrote: Unfortunately Bryce the right is filled with loons and wackos... you're not winning the argument by pretending one side is sane and the other isn't... it's not so...
I named names and can support my claims...

I notice you didn't.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: Unfortunately Bryce the right is filled with loons and wackos... you're not winning the argument by pretending one side is sane and the other isn't... it's not so...
I named names and can support my claims...

I notice you didn't.
So you see people that didn't try to work with Obama such as McConnell (who's stated goal was to make Obama a failure) and Paul Ryan as some sort of bipartisan guys? Not to mention the Becks, Limbaughs and Hannity's of the worlds spraying stupidity that somehow passes as news rather than opinion to so many people... come on...

There I named 5 to your 3... happy?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:18 pm

NS8401 wrote: There I named 5 to your 3... happy?
No, not at all. McConnell and Ryan are far from loons and whackos. Hell, they're not even right wing conservatives. The others you name aren't Senators or Congressmen. They don't have to be dealt with to pass legislation.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: There I named 5 to your 3... happy?
No, not at all. McConnell and Ryan are far from loons and whackos. Hell, they're not even right wing conservatives. The others you name aren't Senators or Congressmen. They don't have to be dealt with to pass legislation.
Ok then how about Cruz, Blackburn and Steve King?

While the Republican legislators really focus on business taxes and regulations and cutting them, their voters focus on social issues. The politicians campaign on them and then they magically vanish once the poor saps elect them. Republicans in power don't care about what talk radio and other Conservative media whip them into a frenzy over. Just their votes.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:21 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I don't recall million persons marches saying not my president.
No but I do remember tea party matches saying that... I remember birthers saying that... the reaction to Obama was not without its outrage from the right. I think here some anarchists got mixed in among the regular protesters.
I 100% do not remember the Conservatives saying "not my President". They hated his views and they did question his birthplace. But they never said "Not my President." They acknowledged that he was the President. that line only came from liberals during the Bush years and now Trump.

Have you been to a Tea Party rally?? I have. I never once saw that slogan used.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:25 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Unfortunately Bryce the right is filled with loons and wackos... you're not winning the argument by pretending one side is sane and the other isn't... it's not so...

There is nobody on the right as radical, far from the center, and delusional as Bernie. Even Ted Cruz is closer to the center than Bernie.
Last edited by Y M Ionhere on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I don't recall million persons marches saying not my president.
No but I do remember tea party matches saying that... I remember birthers saying that... the reaction to Obama was not without its outrage from the right. I think here some anarchists got mixed in among the regular protesters.
I 100% do not remember the Conservatives saying "not my President". They hated his views and they did question his birthplace. But they never said "Not my President." They acknowledged that he was the President. that line only came from liberals during the Bush years and now Trump.

Have you been to a Tea Party rally?? I have. I never once saw that slogan used.
Do you know who tweeted "Not My President" after Obama was reelected? No hints...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Like who?
There is nobody on the right as radical, far from the center, and delusional as Bernie. Even Ted Cruz is closer to the center than Bernie.
Michelle Malkin, Anne Coulter, Michelle Bachmann, Marsha Blackburn, Steve King, Steve Scalise... plenty of folks who say whacked out things and have whacked out ideas and that's not even getting into the religious far right... please don't bother pretending one side is sane and one is insane... both are freakin nuts... so you understand I'm not a Democrat per se... over time I've become more of a left leaning libertarian...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic