Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2022 Election Results Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: 2022 Election Results Thread

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:33 am
Alright kids, I've enjoyed the evening, but I must shuffle off. It's been another fun election. Who do I send the bourbon to?
I think I’m winning currently.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:43 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:36 am
TC Talks wrote:
Alright kids, I've enjoyed the evening, but I must shuffle off. It's been another fun election. Who do I send the bourbon to?
I'm still alive in the winner/loser part of the bet but the margins aren't looking promising for me at all.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:46 am

Couple Dem Governor holds… Michelle Lujan Grisham wins re-election in New Mexico and Ned Lamont wins re-election in Connecticut. Brad Raffensperger wins re-election as Georgia Secretary of State. He was the guy on the other end of the infamous Trump call to find 11,000 votes.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:46 am

Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Booze definitely goes to RT. He's been fairly optimistic for the Dems for weeks.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:49 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:46 am
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Booze definitely goes to RT. He's been fairly optimistic for the Dems for weeks.
We’ll have to see how close I get but I’ve had the Republicans pegged at 223 seats for a while now in the house.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:52 am

MSNBC CALLS FETTERMAN!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:09 am

We’ve got 44% of the vote in Nevada… both democrats are up double digits.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:15 am

CNN has just called Pennsylvania for Fetterman.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:16 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:22 am
The Dems are doing better than I thought they would. I hope they don't think that its an endorsement of the past 2 years, because they got a ways to go before I'm impressed. This is more of an indictment of the Trump table under the GOP tent than anything else. That, and reproductive rights gave Dems a boost, not good policy.
I'll go out on a limb and say to our Republican friends that the reason there wasn't a red wave is because Donald J Trump screwed you. No if's and's or but's. Hell even Mitch McConnell said as much when he stated a couple of months ago that if the Republicans didn't make significant gains it was because of the quality of candidates they offered.

By all rights given the hot button issues, we Dem's should have gotten clobbered. So why didn't it happen? Turns out there are enough voters that don't care to further the political ambitions of freaks, geeks and circus performers which were exactly the people that kissed Trump's ring and then were blessed with his endorsement. Also as it turns out, the results seem to indicate they also don't much care for stepping on reproduction rights either with measures being voted down in Kentucky, Vermont, Michigan, Montana, and California. You'd think they would have learned something after similar proposals got crushed in Kansas of all places.

Just a moment ago I saw the networks have called the race in PA in favor of Fetterman (thx Oprah!), so licking Trump's balls didn't seem to work out for Oz very well. It just makes me believe even more that Trump won't run again given the relatively poor showing his hand picked lackeys faired. Nothing said more to me than when one of the news orgs. cut to a live report at Kevin McCarthy's election shindig primed to celebrate a big ol' wave of red win. Might as well have been a scene out of "Soylant Green". Snatching a loss from the mouth of victory. Well done.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:19 am

The New York Times, including these reported vote counts in their math, has Nevada at 54% to go (D) and Arizona at 64%. So I assume the early vote count skews heavily Democrat.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:23 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:19 am
The New York Times, including these reported vote counts in their math, has Nevada at 54% to go (D) and Arizona at 64%. So I assume the early vote count skews heavily Democrat.
It does but Nevada is kind of weird in that they don’t report until all the counties get done and report to Reno.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:26 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:16 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:22 am
The Dems are doing better than I thought they would. I hope they don't think that its an endorsement of the past 2 years, because they got a ways to go before I'm impressed. This is more of an indictment of the Trump table under the GOP tent than anything else. That, and reproductive rights gave Dems a boost, not good policy.
I'll go out on a limb and say to our Republican friends that the reason there wasn't a red wave is because Donald J Trump screwed you. No if's and's or but's. Hell even Mitch McConnell said as much when he stated a couple of months ago that if the Republicans didn't make significant gains it was because of the quality of candidates they offered.

By all rights given the hot button issues, we Dem's should have gotten clobbered. So why didn't it happen? Turns out there are enough voters that don't care to further the political ambitions of freaks, geeks and circus performers which were exactly the people that kissed Trump's ring and then were blessed with his endorsement. Also as it turns out, the results seem to indicate they also don't much care for stepping on reproduction rights either with measures being voted down in Kentucky, Vermont, Michigan, Montana, and California. You'd think they would have learned something after similar proposals got crushed in Kansas of all places.

Just a moment ago I saw the networks have called the race in PA in favor of Fetterman (thx Oprah!), so licking Trump's balls didn't seem to work out for Oz very well. It just makes me believe even more that Trump won't run again given the relatively poor showing his hand picked lackeys faired. Nothing said more to me than when one of the news orgs. cut to a live report at Kevin McCarthy's election shindig primed to celebrate a big ol' wave of red win. Might as well have been a scene out of "Soylant Green". Snatching a loss from the mouth of victory. Well done.
Right on, Lester. And they had their chance after January 6th to finally rid themselves of that cancer....and they didn't. They continued to kiss his ring, and look where it got them.

I can't wait until he announces his candidacy for 2024 next Tuesday.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:29 am

Tony Evers has won re-election as Governor of Wisconsin. Dem hold.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:30 am

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:32 am

MSNBC calls Whitmer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic