Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Truth IPO: Trump's next grift

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Truth IPO: Trump's next grift

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm
First off, anybody whose retirement is dependent on having invested in a single stock (DJT or otherwise) is an idiot and gets whatever they have coming to them. Second, I'm not aware of any women who were "denied reproductive healthcare" during Trump's tenure.
Only because Dobbs was decided after he had left office.
OH, you and he mean "denied the right to kill babies." Got it. Look, if you can sugar-coat abortion as "reproductive healthcare," then I can go equally in the other direction and call it murder.
What about Kate Cox and others like her?

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm
What about her? My issue is with calling abortion a "reproductive right" because such language seeks to sugar-coat what an abortion really is.

I will say that in her specific situation, it sounds like there was a 90 percent chance the baby wouldn't have lived past a few weeks and that even if it had, it was in for a lifetime of misery. Me personally, I would include that specific example as an exception.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm
First off, anybody whose retirement is dependent on having invested in a single stock (DJT or otherwise) is an idiot and gets whatever they have coming to them. Second, I'm not aware of any women who were "denied reproductive healthcare" during Trump's tenure.
Only because Dobbs was decided after he had left office.
and with Trump's blessing.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm

That's kind of how our system works. In 2016, a big part of Trump's platform was that he was going to put conservative justices on the bench. People elected him fair and square, and that's exactly what he did.

Fascinating to see somebody get criticized for actually following through with a campaign promise.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm
What about her? My issue is with calling abortion a "reproductive right" because such language seeks to sugar-coat what an abortion really is.

I will say that in her specific situation, it sounds like there was a 90 percent chance the baby wouldn't have lived past a few weeks and that even if it had, it was in for a lifetime of misery. Me personally, I would include that specific example as an exception.
Your exact words were: "I'm not aware of any women who were "denied reproductive healthcare". She was.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm
That's kind of how our system works. In 2016, a big part of Trump's platform was that he was going to put conservative justices on the bench. People elected him fair and square, and that's exactly what he did.

Fascinating to see somebody get criticized for actually following through with a campaign promise.
Never mind the McConnell rule that only seemed to apply when a Democrat was in there .

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:51 am

Former president Donald Trump's meme stock is in deep, deep trouble.

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) are getting absolutely hammered this morning, sliding a further nine percent as soon as the markets opened.

Shares of the group have been tanking ever since it merged with a blank check acquisition company last month, nearly halving in price since their peak after debuting.

Meanwhile, an incensed Trump tried to rally the troops, reiterating last week that he'll double down and continue to use Truth Social, a far right social media platform owned by TMTG.

The crash, long predicted by analysts, clearly indicates that investors are unloading the astronomically overvalued stock. While the merger gave TMTG a massive multibillion-dollar valuation, Truth Social made a pitiful $4.1 million in revenue last year, while losing $58 over the same period.

At the time of writing, shares are hovering around just $36, well below the price at the merger. The debacle has already wiped out billions of dollars in value, including well over $1 billion of Trump's own net worth.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:54 am

Trump seems to be having a bad year.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:18 pm

The woke deep state Wall Street is out to ruin Trump too!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:22 pm

He gained access to the cash he wanted in the merger. Who cares what happens after that.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic