Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republican Debate

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Republican Debate

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm

Probably right, Mega. This country seems divided to the point of no return.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:59 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm
But in reality it's Trump, not most of the country.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:59 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm
But in reality it's Trump, not most of the country.
Well, it's damn near 1/2 the country that's supporting this guy.

This isn't a George Wallace in 1972 scenario where just the racists in the south are backing him. He already won a Presidential election, barely lost another, and might win next year. You can discount him and his supporters all you want, but this nation is completely divided and zero hope in sight that it'll come together.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:50 am

I don't see how Trump wins. 2016 was his high water mark, and he ran behind other Republicans even then. He only won because he had the benefit of running against the worst presidential candidate in American history. He had the fortune of being the second worst.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15924

Post by Deleted User 15924 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:43 am

Mutt wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:50 am
I don't see how Trump wins. 2016 was his high water mark, and he ran behind other Republicans even then. He only won because he had the benefit of running against the worst presidential candidate in American history. He had the fortune of being the second worst.
I seem to like to talk to people. I strike up conversations with friends, family and random people everywhere.

I truly believe it's a toss up if it's Joe vs. Donald. There will be long, long lines at the polls. Not because more people want to vote. Because people are going to be standing there staring at the ballot in disbelief they have to vote for one of these two.

What would really be nice is for the rest of the GOP field to get together, do a back room deal, pick one, and the rest drop out. Maybe even an old fashioned straw vote. One face, and one face only, to go up against Trump in the primaries.
I think even with Trump way ahead in the polls (that the media is feeding you), once people get in that booth, all by themselves, they will choose the alternative to the Donald.

Just like what I said in the last paragraph. Even the Die Hard Trumptards (a favorite nickname on here) will stand there looking at that primary ballot, think about it for a minute, and say "Sorry Donald".
Just can't shag that feeling, based upon what I hear from all the people I talk to.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:13 pm

My 89 year old dad told me he's done voting. These candidates are his age.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:22 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:56 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:09 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:49 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:20 am
I am absolutely terrified these idiots are going to declare civil war if Trump gets locked up or when he dies.
Oh, if Trump dies, you better believe there's gonna be a conspiracy and some wild shit will go down. Hillary or Biden or Obama spiked his diet coke or some shit. I can only imagine what these sites are going to look like when that day comes.
Can that day come sooner than later?? lol
I had an episode of Frontline on while working today, "America After 9/11". Great episode, and it lays out well what happened to this country between 9/11/01 and January 6, 2021, to a point that made my heart hurt, because with hindsight, you wish you could go back and change shit. When they had audio of congress singing "God Bless America" over the melee at the Capital, that just hurt.

Anyway, one quote caught my ear. It's the same thing we said about terrorists and Bin Laden. Even if you wipe the person out, "You can't kill an ideology. You can't kill message". Don't think it's gonna get better once Trump goes. Because not only will it get worse (the "Ten come up to take their place" theory), but not only will he be a martyr, he'll be a political martyr.

Those Frontline documentaries are addicting!
I love watching Frontline. They're so in-depth on everything.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:33 pm

I love how Oxshort tries to shame us all for NOT talking about politics with people, while his representation of talking to people is downriver trash.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:04 pm

And AA is somehow more mainstream America?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:14 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:04 pm
No more than Buford, Arkansas (Population 2250) is.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:21 pm

audiophile wrote:
I don't walk around and ask people about politics like a psycho.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:21 pm
"You there in the 'These Colors Don't Run!!!' tanktop smoking a Basic Light... what are your thoughts on Critical Race Theory?"

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:40 pm

Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:
You almost can't help it, though. You can't sit at a stoplight without someone's political beliefs being thrown in your face. It's all but an identity now.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:41 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:35 pm
Matt wrote:
"You there in the 'These Colors Don't Run!!!' tanktop smoking a Basic Light... what are your thoughts on Critical Race Theory?"
"I figger u must have a differnt 'pinion than me sence u got a basic light shirt and I'm warin' joe camil"

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:41 pm
"I figger u must have a differnt 'pinion than me sence u got a basic light shirt and I'm warin' joe camil"
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

"C'mere and get out of the rain and stand under this here umbrella I got for the low low price of 200,000 Marlboro Miles... so you like this Trump feller or what? I reckon he's the only chance we got to get this country back."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic