Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The next step toward fascism.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

The next step toward fascism.

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:02 pm

Cops raid a newspaper like it was Trump's house
A small-town Kansas newspaper said its 98-year-old co-owner died Saturday after local police raided her home, seized her computer and other equipment, and separately grabbed phones, computers and other material from the paper’s staff...During their raid on Meyer’s (the paper's co-owner) home Friday, police seized her computer and a router used by her Amazon Alexa personal assistant device, the newspaper said. Additionally, the paper reported, cops copied bank statements belonging to her son. ..At the same time..., officers raided the newspaper’s office in Marion, the paper reported. Police seized journalists’ personal phones and computers and other equipment and material from the newspaper office, the Record said.
I'll bet Candidate Trump is taking notes on this one, just salivating at the chance to do it himself to the NYT.

bmw

Re: The next step toward fascism.

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:18 pm

You're another TDS victim, I see.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:47 pm

This is a good thread to bookmark if a Republican is elected next year.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:18 pm
If I read your post correctly, you feel that I am deranged and that I will say wild untrue things about the former president because of my obsession and derangement. Please tell me - if former President Trump wins in Nov 2024, and somehow this blatant disregard for the free press stand up legally.. won't the new Trump DOJ stomp their way into newsrooms nationwide??? I don't think that idea is deranged, I think it is a potential reality.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:18 pm
The paper was close to breaking a story about some local corruption so the folks it was gonna report on basically sent the cops in to break it up.

And yes the people who constantly rant about the “liberal media” don’t do that to blow off steam and would gladly go after them if given the opportunity.

Just like AOC and an Oil Company… if it could be killed it would be done in a heartbeat.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:16 pm

Don't get me wrong - the police department has surely earned itself a lawsuit. And probably rightfully so.

I was just fascinated by the fact that somebody reading through that article thought to themself, of all things "boy, I'll bet this is something Trump would do. Yeah....I'll make a thread about my thoughts on the Buzzboard!"

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:16 pm
Don't get me wrong - the police department has surely earned itself a lawsuit. And probably rightfully so.

I was just fascinated by the fact that somebody reading through that article thought to themself, of all things "boy, I'll bet this is something Trump would do. Yeah....I'll make a thread about my thoughts on the Buzzboard!"
💯
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:47 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:35 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:16 pm

💯
Yeah. Same thought I had yesterday.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:53 pm

Ditto.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:50 pm

Search warrant revoked by judge, insufficient evidence.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:29 pm

"Search warrant revoked by judge, insufficient evidence."

Good, now what are they going to do that will bring back the lady that died after they raided her house?
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:23 pm

[quote=HD74 post_id=752899 time=1692293348 user_id=280]
"Search warrant revoked by judge, insufficient evidence."

Good, now what are they going to do that will bring back the lady that died after they raided her house?
[/quote]

Probably bring her body back, put it in the bed, and hope that she revives.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:23 pm

Woman, arise?
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic