Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox News evidently believes catastrophic fires in Maui are unnewsworthy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Fox News evidently believes catastrophic fires in Maui are unnewsworthy

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:45 am

Massive thumbs down to MSNBC.com as well!

Admittedly, I forgot to check their home page yesterday. Shamefully, ZERO mention of Maui on their home page this morning.

While MSNBC does not have the word "news" in its brand, it is indeed commonly thought of as a news network. They clearly do not qualify as one, in my eyes, if they believe Maui is unworthy of extensive reporting.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:56 am

I see a link to a fire story on the front page. Its not the top story but it is there.
I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:06 am

Right now it is the 6th story. It indeed should be the top one.

Perhaps even more pathetic is the top story on MSNBC right now. The top story is about flames, but not the ones from the Hawaii fires. "After weeks of fanning the impeachment flames, McCarthy prepares to get burned"

People are literally dying from fires, and MSNBC uses fire language in a figurative way in a completely unrelated story.

This is where I'll do a shameless plug and post a link to the news site I've run for over 13 years now:

http://breakingnewsfeeds.com/

Its layout takes inspiration from what Google News looked like prior to 2010. It is not bloated, no ads, and fully loads in less than 1/2 of a second.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:45 am
Massive thumbs down to MSNBC.com as well!

Admittedly, I forgot to check their home page yesterday. Shamefully, ZERO mention of Maui on their home page this morning.

While MSNBC does not have the word "news" in its brand, it is indeed commonly thought of as a news network. They clearly do not qualify as one, in my eyes, if they believe Maui is unworthy of extensive reporting.
Did you scroll down at all?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:23 am

It is in a section over halfway down the page, and it is the 18th story in that section. A text search of MSNBC's home page turns up "Hawaii" just that once. There is a video also in the video section.

It is quite apparent that nobody as Fox News or MSNBC cares about Hawaii or its people. This story is barely a footnote at either of those places. I'm with MW on this one.

And rare props to CNN where it has been the lead story both last night and this morning.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:27 am

My question is, is this an example of political bias or rather geographical bias? Because I can guarantee that if there were fires burning in New York City that had killed 50+ people that this would be the lead story on both Fox News and MSNBC. Or really, anywhere in the eastern half of the US or California.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:43 am

Beemer is 100 correct here, and the point he makes about the "fanning the flames" comment is insightful as well. How tone deaf does MSNBC and its editors have to be?
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:53 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:43 am
Beemer is 100 correct here, and the point he makes about the "fanning the flames" comment is insightful as well. How tone deaf does MSNBC and its editors have to be?
Very very tone deaf… but neither FOX nor MSNBC exist as anything more than diametrically opposed propaganda machines for their respective political sides. News is a footnote.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:21 am

Well this is laughable. This is the pop-up I get when visiting MSNBC's home page with my Ad Blocker enabled. The "best in breaking news"? "Journalism"? :lol

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:51 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:53 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:43 am
Very very tone deaf… but neither FOX nor MSNBC exist as anything more than diametrically opposed propaganda machines for their respective political sides. News is a footnote.
I honestly think Fox is less biased for "their side" than MSNBC. At least Fox has people who question the things some on the right are doing. Saw a clip of a woman...Gillian Nelson(?)...talking to a congressman on Comers committee and pointing out a blatant untruth the man said about Hunter Biden. Brett Baier at least gave Trump some pushback on his interview with Trump. MSNBC has nobody like that. It is 24/7 Trump bashing.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:03 pm

Currently, Fox and CNN have the Hunter Biden special counsel appointment as the top story. MSNBC has it as it's sixth click.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:23 pm

OK, let's remember that Fox News is not a news organization.
They themselves described it as an "entertainment venue" in court, you know with those oathy-thingies.
Anyone who thinks they are an actual valid news source apparently has no knowledge of this, or lives under a rock.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:45 pm

Notable that long time Maui resident Mick Fleetwood's restaurant burned to the ground. I fear the whole incident is much worse than first believed.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:06 pm

I agree. I fear the fatality count will rise significantly.

Thousands of folks are unaccounted for.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:30 pm

What is happening in Hawaii is an American tragedy.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic