Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm back on the Trump Train

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

I'm back on the Trump Train

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:36 am

Call me a hypocrite if you'd like, but there has to be a reason the establishment hates him so much. Until covid, the economy was roaring under Trump, and let's be real, the market was phenomenal.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Re: I'm back on the Trump Train

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:46 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:36 am
Call me a hypocrite if you'd like, but there has to be a reason the establishment hates him so much. Until covid, the economy was roaring under Trump, and let's be real, the market was phenomenal.
What's today's date?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:55 am

TT you wreck it for everyone, but I'll admit I was worried Matt had succumb to a stroke.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:55 am

If Trump gets the nomination, I'll be voting for Biden. Actually, if any Republican gets the nomination, I'll be voting for Biden. The NASDAQ just hit a 6-month high, inflation is at an 18-month low, and at least I personally haven't been a crime victim while he's been in office.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:05 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:36 am
And the market is higher now than it ever was under Trump and the economy is roaring now more consistently than it did under him… wahoo. In other words if you want to board that rickety thing go ahead… but don’t do it for reasons that aren’t real…

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:20 am

JOE BIDEN DRINKED MY LAST RED BULL TURMP 2042

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:13 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:20 am
That's the mentality of it. Childishness drivel in general overall in our public discourse nowadays.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:34 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:13 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:20 am
That's the mentality of it. Childishness drivel in general overall in our public discourse nowadays.
I've started being a dumbass about it. I don't know how far back we're allowed to go to bring presidents into discussions, so now I'm blaming things on William McKinley and Benjamin Harrison.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:43 pm

In Canada, we're still blaming Trudeau Sr. who died about 20 years ago. Even Trudeau Jr. blames things on Trudeau Sr.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:49 pm

Nothing is wrong with Canada or America

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:18 pm

I saw a " Let's go Brandon" sticker on a car the other day. The only way I can put this into words is, your mad at Biden but it seems to me you're not seeing the whole picture. Yes, he's been part of the machine that threw the middle class overboard nearly a half century ago but he's a small piece of the puzzle. All recent Predecessors were as well and yes Trump is one of them.

My own view is, the seeds for Americas decline were planted in the 1970s but really started to come into bloom in the 1980s and into the 1990s. In the 80s and 90s, it was like a big party, eat drink, and be merry for tomorrow we will die, and we did just that. Then 9-11 hit, we kept going through and then we reached the 2008 meltdown, then it started to get real. The party ended and were still nursing a big hang over.

Forget who's sitting in the Whitehouse, The Governor's Mansion, in the 2 senate seats, and to an extent on the supreme court. It doesn't matter anymore at this point in time. I may have said this in another comment, but NOTHING will change In The USA unless things get bad enough where people are starving.

For the most part, America is fat and happy, even in among lower income people. Not so much totally happy but most have food, a place to live, a car to drive, and the like. Heck, even someone living in a crappy trailer in rural Mississippi has 200 cable channels and high-speed internet.

To break the gridlock that people like Edward Bernays put on the American Psyche seems nearly impossible to break now, even with the world seemingly unraveling before our very eyes. But hey... cut to commercial and it will all superficially go away for a while..

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:39 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:55 am
If Trump gets the nomination, I'll be voting for Biden. Actually, if any Republican gets the nomination, I'll be voting for Biden. The NASDAQ just hit a 6-month high, inflation is at an 18-month low, and at least I personally haven't been a crime victim while he's been in office.
You made a point and a joke at the same time.

But ten minutes later RT shows up with Biden yard signs, LOL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:10 am

bmw wrote:
At the end of the day, if it's not the economy, what is important?

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:39 am
bmw wrote:
You made a point and a joke at the same time.

But ten minutes later RT shows up with Biden yard signs, LOL.
And 10 minutes later I need new $8000 windows courtesy of my concrete stones that line my garden bed.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:10 am
bmw wrote:
At the end of the day, if it's not the economy, what is important?
Exactly. But should a politician get credit for improving the economy/inflation when it tanked under his watch? That's like someone being hailed as a financial genius because they went bankrupt buying lotto tickets but managed to save up $1,000 afterwards.

Inflation at an 18 month low is still high inflation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic