Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kari Lake’s Take

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Kari Lake’s Take

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:15 am

Given what occurred in Palm Beach County, Florida, Gore was justified - at least initially - in challenging the results.

Trump, on the other hand, contested results in states where he lost by tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of votes.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:35 am

You're all missing my point, which is that of public perception. In the aftermath of the 2000, 2016, and 2020 elections, a roughly equal number of voters believed that their particular Presidential candidate got screwed and that the opposing candidate won unfairly. That would suggest to me that among the losers in question, while Trump is certainly the most outspoken of the three, the actions of the other two (Hillary and Gore) were apparently enough to do just as much damage to the public trust of our electoral system.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:29 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:35 am
You're all missing my point, which is that of public perception. In the aftermath of the 2000, 2016, and 2020 elections, a roughly equal number of voters believed that their particular Presidential candidate got screwed and that the opposing candidate won unfairly. That would suggest to me that among the losers in question, while Trump is certainly the most outspoken of the three, the actions of the other two (Hillary and Gore) were apparently enough to do just as much damage to the public trust of our electoral system.
Big difference… and it’s the reason your argument doesn’t work… nobody else egged it on until it became a firmly entrenched belief that governs every facet of someone’s political life and outlook on the world. Only the most recent version managed to do that. That sets it into a class of its own. There is no way in hell that the other two did nearly as much damage as the most recent example.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:45 am

The prosecutor is preparing a $600,000 bill for defending her frivolous suit too..
Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson on Wednesday ordered former Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake to cover about $33,000 in costs for some of the fees related to her failed lawsuit against Democratic Governor-elect Katie Hobbs and Maricopa County officials. But the judge denied the defendants' request to sanction Lake and her attorneys over her lawsuit challenging the integrity of the election.

Thompson also denied a request from the defendants for Lake to repay all of Hobbs' attorneys' fees related to the lawsuit. Maricopa County, in a motion filed and and joined by Hobbs on Tuesday, urged the judge to sanction Lake over the lawsuit, which they said was filed in "bad faith."

On Christmas Eve, Thompson threw out Lake's lawsuit against Maricopa County officials and Hobbs challenging her defeat. Lake has informed the court that she plans to appeal the dismissal.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:50 pm

Beemer wrote:You're all missing my point
No we are not, and your own posted data shows the significant difference.
July 17, 2001 Gallup poll:
-Did GW Bush win the 2000 election "fair and square?"
-15% of Democrats in 2001 believed that Bush won fair and square
When you look closer into that data, it shows that about 33% of Democrats perceived the election as stolen - but the steal was not from voter fraud, but from vote counting, specifically in Florida. 67% thought Bush won, either "fair and square" - 15%, or "on a technicality" - 52%. In fact, winning "on a technicality" was closer to the actual result. However, 67% of Democrats still thought Bush won.
-Nov 15, 2021 Monmouth poll:
-Did Joe Biden win the 2020 election "fair and square?"
-22% of Republicans in 2021 believed that Biden won fair and square
Look closer at your data here. "Nearly 3 in 4 Republicans (73%) cling to the idea that Biden won through fraud." Fraud that not's backed up by anything but constant chanting of fraud by the principals involved.

The difference in very clear. In less than 10 months after the election in 2000, over two thirds of Democrats agreed that Bush won. In about a year after the 2020 election, less than 25% of Republicans agreed that Biden won. Pretty big difference here. And the cause... easy to determine.

Yes, I've seen the 14 minute video on Fox News of Democrats denying election results. And yes, I've read the research that shows had they actually counted all the votes in Florida Bush would have still won. But my point is pretty clear - despite the minor skirmishes on January 6, 2001 Vice President Al Gore gaveled down the protesting Congressmen and Congresswomen and declared Bush the elected President. And held no rallies afterward claiming otherwise. (Feel free to read it yourself). Donald Trump, even after his weak tea "concession" speech, got on stage at CPAC less than 6 months after the inauguration and spouted all sorts of "voter fraud" theories and claimed he won. Over and over again since then.

We're not missing the point. Because you've not actually made one.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:39 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:19 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:05 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:01 pm
*Bryce slips away to grab his checkbook*
So cruel. So funny.
No, I kid Bryce. We've had some decent back and forth via PM. He wouldn't send a check.

He would donate online.
The rare Double Tap...

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:31 am

She needs to stay home with the kids.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:31 pm

In case anyone has been wondering what Arizona's favorite dangerous Republican wackadoodle has been up to these days:

Kari Lake criminal referral sent to Arizona AG from Secretary of State

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA16Vrcz

Former Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake was referred to the Arizona attorney general for investigation on Monday afternoon. According to the referral, which came from Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, Lake violated state law by tweeting out copies of voter signatures in her tweets.

By the look of the tweet it looks like about 16 counts worth. God I hope she decides to get in the 2024 Senate race in Arizona.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:43 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Being as I know how much you love Bob Seger and wish Detroit radio would play much more of his work...

Who wants to break the news to Uncle Joe?
You remember Uncle Joe
He was the one who's son was on the take.

Who wants to take that long-shot gamble
Head out and vote for Kari Lake?

Head out
(Arizona wants to vote for Kari Lake!)
And head out
And head out, head out
Head out
Vote for Kari Lake

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:43 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Being as I know how much you love Bob Seger and wish Detroit radio would play much more of his work...

You remember Uncle Joe

Head out
And head out
And head out, head out
Head out
Vote for Kari Lake
Unfortunately for her and Bob… well… it just wasn’t so…

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:28 pm

Kari is a krazy kunt.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:32 am

Thought it was WRONG lyric: "Ed head out for Firelake".

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

You remember Uncle Joe

Head out
And head out
And head out, head out
Head out
Vote for Kari Lake
That's below the belt. You can call me a Marxist monkey all you want but I will *not* be assaulted with Bob Seger garbage.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:45 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:28 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

You remember Uncle Joe

Head out
And head out
And head out, head out
Head out
Vote for Kari Lake
That's below the belt. You can call me a Marxist monkey all you want but I will *not* be assaulted with Bob Seger garbage.
:rollin

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:22 pm

Non sense I mean the sitting secretary of state who refused to debate her opponent wins the election what's to question about that??? Really

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic