Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why women are fleeing the Democratic Party

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Why women are fleeing the Democratic Party

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:22 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:45 am
That was in the beatitudes, but that wasn't the main message (And I would contend it's not "religion").

Jesus came as image bearer of the Father - What Adam was supposed to be.

Jesus came and lived and died for us to show us the will of the father.

Also, you cannot trust is what you are doing to gain your salvation (otherwise Jesus died for nothing) you have to trust the Father.

You recognize the sacrifice and get your heart in the right place to trust the will of the Father.

You do the right thing not because of obligation, but because of your respect of the Father that still loves you even though you screwed up and even rejected him multiple times - you can clear the guilt of your past failures to become a new person (be born again).

I’m Catholic… that boat don’t float. You cannot say a few magic words and have a ticket to heaven. You must do much more in life than that and you’ll be judged accordingly. But by default I don’t do the whole born again thing.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:08 am

I am not Catholic, but I don’t believe you can say a prayer and be good either. Faith without works is dead. I like the phrase, “I was saved, am being saved, and will be saved.” Like St Francis of Assisi says, “Preach the gospel. And if necessary, use words.”
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:35 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:08 am
I am not Catholic, but I don’t believe you can say a prayer and be good either. Faith without works is dead. I like the phrase, “I was saved, am being saved, and will be saved.” Like St Francis of Assisi says, “Preach the gospel. And if necessary, use words.”
My question which I have never gotten a straight answer to is:
If I say “I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and personal savior” or some variant thereof and then I go on a crime spree am I still gonna be good because I’m saved already? Does one’s saved card / ticket to heaven have a revocation clause?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:42 am

You both have misunderstood what I was saying...

If you can obtain salvation by works, then why did Jesus need die for our sins? He would have died in vain! The prophet Isaiah makes it crystal clear: we are unclean and our righteous works are like filthy rags to God (Is. 64:6). As does Paul in his letter to the Romans, “All have turned aside…no one does good, not even one” (Rom. 3:12). The picture is quite clear. God is holy and righteous and our works are not.

Works are an outgrowth of the will of the Father, not some sort of twisted obligation to obtain salvation (as that is impossible as mentioned above). Get your heart in the right place first!

But RT you bring up a really good question! I think this answers it:

Romans 6:1-14
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ
1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.
6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—
7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.
10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.
13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.
14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:52 pm

Who here believes the rhetoric spewed by proclaimed Christian posters here and Kristian Trump supporters matches the teachings (New Testament) of Christ. You preach one thing here and claim something else about your Sunday habits.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:00 pm

I was one of the first #nevertrump on here, so I'm not sure who you are referring to. It took me about two years to warm up to the idea of him being president.

Here is proof:
Re: Congratulations GOP
Post by audiophile » Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 pm

#NeverTrump
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:38 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:00 pm
I was one of the first #nevertrump on here, so I'm not sure who you are referring to. It took me about two years to warm up to the idea of him being president.

Here is proof:

#NeverTrump
Please define the word "never".
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:44 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:38 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:00 pm

Here is proof:

#NeverTrump
Please define the word "never".
This oughta be good. Free pretzels for everyone.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:44 pm

I never will...

LOL

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:46 pm

I will say this BMW - was 100% right, and I was wrong.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:47 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:46 pm
I will say this BMW - was 100% right, and I was wrong.
Let me translate:
"I've been caught without a way out of this one".

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:00 pm

Way out of what?

I was skeptic, I didn't believe he would follow through with his promises.

Trump did a better job than I had anticipated...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:10 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:00 pm
Way out of what?

I was skeptic, I didn't believe he would follow through with his promises.

Trump did a better job than I had anticipated...
Oh never mind...

I was trying to rib you because you were a NEVERtrumper (You'd rather run screaming off a cliff while on fire than vote for the guy) and never only meant something until it didn't.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:28 pm

"I would NEVER agree with a woman's right to choose to have an abortion!"----H. Walker

(Unless it be me who knocked up da bitch and then I pull out my checkbook).
The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:18 pm

I don't know HM, if woman got knocked up by HW they pretty much hit the lottery, why would they abort?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic