Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Republicans Are Going to Win Big Nationally

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: The Republicans Are Going to Win Big Nationally

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:14 pm
Facts:

A) Whitmer orders COVID closures (like most states)
B) DeVos's PAC hires "protesters" and organizes a rally.https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... -order?amp
C) People ignore COVID precautions, Michigan ends up on the top 10 COVID deaths per capita list.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html
D) Republicans are overwhelmingly likely to die from COVID outside essential workers. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... ion-sites/

See how facts can help someone make determinations?

I understand that you will argue this point into the ground, but how are all those non-vaxer friends and family doing these days?
Whitmer failed on covid. She should have followed what DeSantis did in Florida. She killed soooo many old people.
Florida was worse for fatalities. To be fair, they had more old people per capita. The elderly faired the worse, that's why I am in disbelief why Trump mocked the vaccine.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:23 pm
Florida was worse for fatalities.
Once again, you get your facts wrong. Per the New York Times, as of today, Michigan sits at 388 deaths per 100k while Florida sits at 380.

So Michigan was worse EVEN DESPITE having a younger population. Oh, that's right, Betsy DeVos was the cause of the excess deaths because she was supposedly behind funding some rallies whereby people protested our governor's unconstitutional shutdown orders. :roll:

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:23 pm
Florida was worse for fatalities.
Once again, you get your facts wrong. Per the New York Times, as of today, Michigan sits at 388 deaths per 100k while Florida sits at 380.

So Michigan was worse EVEN DESPITE having a younger population. Oh, that's right, Betsy DeVos was the cause of the excess deaths because she was supposedly behind funding some rallies whereby people protested our governor's unconstitutional shutdown orders. :roll:
I would not exactly celebrate a difference of 8 when the number is pushing 400.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:55 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:42 pm
As an aside, the one thing that could lead to a gigantic red tsunami is if there are a record number of Republicans (disgruntled over 2020) that aren't answering polls. This is a complete unknown right now, but if Republicans do significantly outperform the polls nationally, this will be why.
That’s basically the $64 question. Though Democratic enthusiasm is through the roof right now and is slightly higher than Republican enthusiasm. I wouldn’t discount abortion driving people out. And there are more Democratic leaners than Republican leaners on the whole. The problem for a long time has been that Democrats simply don’t show up in the midterms. If that’s changing then we don’t get a red wave. I think the Republicans may end up with a 5-10 seat majority in the house. Nevada is probably going red. Ohio, Wisconsin and North Carolina are true toss-ups. Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania probably go blue. This may end up more like 1998 or 2002 than say 1994 or 2010. My guess is that the Republicans end up around 225 and the Democrats end up at 51-52.

Although I use RCP for polling they do include some polls that don’t make sense. Emerson has had a clear Republican bias this cycle. Trafalgar has come up with some astoundingly whackadoodle polls too… the Republican Gubernatorial candidate down 2 in New York? Really???

The site itself is also clearly fairly right wing.

Here in Michigan I expect all 3 to win in a walk on the strength of turnout on the abortion issue. Since Dobbs was decided the Democrats have outperformed the partisan makeup of the district in every special election that’s been held. And the stunning result in Kansas as well as polls in places the Democrats have no business being competitive in like North Dakota At Large being a 4 point contest (!)… something is up.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-yo ... ns-toss-up
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:51 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
As an aside, the one thing that could lead to a gigantic red tsunami is if there are a record number of Republicans (disgruntled over 2020) that aren't answering polls. This is a complete unknown right now, but if Republicans do significantly outperform the polls nationally, this will be why.
That’s basically the $64 question. Though Democratic enthusiasm is through the roof right now and is slightly higher than Republican enthusiasm. I wouldn’t discount abortion driving people out. And there are more Democratic leaners than Republican leaners on the whole. The problem for a long time has been that Democrats simply don’t show up in the midterms. If that’s changing then we don’t get a red wave. I think the Republicans may end up with a 5-10 seat majority in the house. Nevada is probably going red. Ohio, Wisconsin and North Carolina are true toss-ups. Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania probably go blue. This may end up more like 1998 or 2002 than say 1994 or 2010. My guess is that the Republicans end up around 225 and the Democrats end up at 51-52.

Although I use RCP for polling they do include some polls that don’t make sense. Emerson has had a clear Republican bias this cycle. Trafalgar has come up with some astoundingly whackadoodle polls too… the Republican Gubernatorial candidate down 2 in New York? Really???

Here in Michigan I expect all 3 to win in a walk on the strength of turnout on the abortion issue. Since Dobbs was decided the Democrats have outperformed the partisan makeup of the district in every special election that’s been held. And the stunning result in Kansas as well as polls in places the Democrats have no business being competitive in like North Dakota At Large being a 4 point contest (!)… something is up.
Beats me…

The only thing I can think of is they have switched from Registered to Likely voters.

Someone should tell FOX that there is an independent in the Oregon race that is splitting the Democratic vote before they celebrate too hard and pull something.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:20 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Beats me…

The only thing I can think of is they have switched from Registered to Likely voters.

Someone should tell FOX that there is an independent in the Oregon race that is splitting the Democratic vote before they celebrate too hard and pull something.
Does Oregon have ranked choice voting?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:45 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:20 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Beats me…

Does Oregon have ranked choice voting?
No… but it is on the ballot as an initiative so they are trying to get it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:35 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:28 am
Carpetbagger Slotkin should be ousted, but will she be?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/elissa ... -two-years
I think congress needs to switch to technology and require them in their local district office on a daily basis.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:20 pm

With passing day, this is looking more and more like a larger-than-expected red wave may be coming.

I'm revising my House seat gain for Republicans up to +30 seats and I think Republicans will take a majority, albeit slim, in the Senate with either 51 or 52 seats. I think Oz is going to take Pennsylvania and I think Walker is now a coin flip to take Georgia.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:20 pm
With passing day, this is looking more and more like a larger-than-expected red wave may be coming.

I'm revising my House seat gain for Republicans up to +30 seats and I think Republicans will take a majority, albeit slim, in the Senate with either 51 or 52 seats. I think Oz is going to take Pennsylvania and I think Walker is now a coin flip to take Georgia.
I highly doubt the Republicans will take the senate. Oz still isn't leading in Pennsylvania... not ONCE yet. I still think we are looking at a likely voter makeup that may be undercounting Democrats enthusiasm. I'm going maybe a 10 seat gain still. Everything is narrowing to a tie... I don't see any reversing of direction in any substantial way yet. Just a lot of Republicans coming home after brutal primaries all over the place.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:27 pm
bmw wrote:

I highly doubt the Republicans will take the senate. Oz still isn't leading in Pennsylvania... not ONCE yet. I still think we are looking at a likely voter makeup that may be undercounting Democrats enthusiasm. I'm going maybe a 10 seat gain still. Everything is narrowing to a tie... I don't see any reversing of direction in any substantial way yet. Just a lot of Republicans coming home after brutal primaries all over the place.
Hate to say it Rate, but I think Beemer is right. Republicans simply don't care. They all know Walker is a complete idiot and in no way qualified to be a senator, but they'll vote for him because of the R next to his name. They know Oz could give one fuck about the people of Pennsylvania, but want that seat. Masters is an idiot....but Arizonans?!? GOP will win the Senate.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:15 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Hate to say it Rate, but I think Beemer is right. Republicans simply don't care. They all know Walker is a complete idiot and in no way qualified to be a senator, but they'll vote for him because of the R next to his name. They know Oz could give one fuck about the people of Pennsylvania, but want that seat. Masters is an idiot....but Arizonans?!? GOP will win the Senate.
For that matter Walker isn't leading yet either... nor is masters.... So they are just gonna magically wake up on Tuesday and win?
We have evidence of NARROWING... none of the three have LEADS anywhere. Its a H*** leap to figure they'll just win.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:15 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

For that matter Walker isn't leading yet either... nor is masters.... So they are just gonna magically wake up on Tuesday and win?
We have evidence of NARROWING... none of the three have LEADS anywhere. Its a H*** leap to figure they'll just win.
Just my feeling.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:24 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:15 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Just my feeling.
I get it… but all I’m saying is I want to see some evidence too… I could have been sold on Trump winning MICHIGAN last time based on yard signs and things. I could be sold on a GOP wave this time too based on the same. I get the “it’s a wash” feeling though honestly.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:59 pm

Polls are crap.
1. PRRI/Brookings Poll released on October 19. 2016: Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 15 points

2. NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll released on October 10: Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 14 points

3. AP Poll released on October 26: Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 14 points
I'd put more credence in BMW's opinion than pretty much any poll.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic