Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"If this is true GEN Milley must resign,"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

"If this is true GEN Milley must resign,"

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:06 pm

Whoa. Just stumbled across this article...

"If this is true GEN Milley must resign," Vindman tweeted. "He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that."

"In the new book, authored by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward and national political reporter Robert Costa, it is alleged that Milley made two secret phone calls, both to his Chinese counterpart, Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army. The book alleges that the phone calls took place prior to the 2020 presidential election on Oct. 30, 2020, and two days after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, on Jan. 8, 2021.

"According to the book, Milley contacted Zuocheng after he had reviewed intelligence that suggested Chinese officials believed the United States was planning an attack on China amid military exercises in the South China Sea.

"General Li, I want to assure you that the American government is stable and everything is going to be OK," Milley told him during the first call, the book said. "We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alexan ... ust-resign

Not only resign, he should probably be court marshalled!!

screen glare

Re: "If this is true GEN Milley must resign,"

Post by screen glare » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Thank God for General Milley! Everyone can see Trump’s mentally ill. He actually acted on that observation. Others see it, too but they’re too afraid to acknowledge.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:23 am

In China, Russia, or the Middle East, if somebody pulled this crap, it would be execution, not resignation. And as heinous and treasonous as this is, he probably will get a slap on the wrist and won't even have to resign. Sen. Joe McCarthy was right. In order for this to have happened, Communists had to have been infiltrating the government and the military since World War II, if not before.

It's Commies like these apologists that are only considering slight punishment.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:43 am

Wasn't it General Milley who walked with Pres Trump to the Church, after the peaceful protesters had been gassed, for the photo op holding the Bible?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:34 am

I haven't actually read the book. I did watch NBC Nightly with Lester last night. Their report sounded like what's being said in the book is a lot of conjecture. One of things NBC said is that the comments attributed to the Chinese have not been proven. Like I said, I've not read the book.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Let's see the transcripts of the calls. I find it somewhat interesting that 24 hours since this story broke, we have yet to see a transcript or hear a statement from any 1 of the 15 alleged witnesses to the calls as to exactly what was said.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:06 pm

Agreed.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:46 pm

He also should be taking responsibility for the errant drone strike too.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:10 am

General Miley is a hero for being a check and balance against ruthless Trump. We could have been wiped off the map.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:23 am

Going to war with China was just some fantasy in Miller's mind. It was never going to happen.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Then, let's make it happen. Insult some Chinese government official. The he either loses face, or goes to war.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic