Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Texas COVID crisis

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
jadednihilist

Texas COVID crisis

Post by jadednihilist » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:21 pm

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/09 ... eg-abbott/

As COVID cases continue to mount and vaccination rates in Texas remain abysmally low around 53% (1 dose; 44% fully vaccinated), Governor Greg Abbott is requesting that all hospitals in the state postpone elective surgeries. He is also requesting aid from staffing agencies to bring in medical staff from out of state to help with the current surge. Meanwhile, he refuses to take any executive action to mitigate the spread of COVID and has banned local governments and schools from mandating masks or vaccines.

I wish the people of Texas well. It really is disheartening to watch such a preventable crisis become so dire. Please take COVID seriously.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Turkeytop

Re: Texas COVID crisis

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:56 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:21 pm

As COVID cases continue to mount and vaccination rates in Texas remain abysmally low around 53% (1 dose; 44% fully vaccinated), Governor Greg Abbott is requesting that all hospitals in the state postpone elective surgeries. He is also requesting aid from staffing agencies to bring in medical staff from out of state to help with the current surge. Meanwhile, he refuses to take any executive action to mitigate the spread of COVID and has banned local governments and schools from mandating masks or vaccines.

I wish the people of Texas well. It really is disheartening to watch such a preventable crisis become so dire. Please take COVID seriously.
Amen
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:52 am

jadednihilist wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:21 pm

So, Abbott encourages the Texas population to get an experimental vaccine that appears to be effective, whilst trying to get resources where they are needed most, and mandating that Texas citizen's personal freedoms be kept intact (instead of discrimination or one-size-fits-all restrictions against them) in the process.

Balancing act, or conflicted messaging?

I think the former.

There are people I know who - for a variety of personal reasons - are refusing getting jabbed. They wear masks where required, and are considerate of others. While I try to convince them to change their mind about the vax, it appears that until FDA gives non-emergency approval, the US becomes some sort of communist police state, or they stop breathing, no amount of executive order from a governor or criticism from a keyboard jockey in who-knows-where is going to make it happen for them.
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:56 pm
Amen
Comedy, or conflicted messaging?
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:26 pm

It just seems funny to me that the Venn Diagram of people that distrust everything the government does and the people that refuse to consider a vaccination until it gets FDA approval almost completely overlaps. Who do they think runs the FDA?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Maybe we should send Bryce and BMW down with their Natural Health remedies.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:09 am

Fuck Texas.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:33 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:31 pm
Maybe we should send Bryce and BMW down with their Natural Health remedies.
I'd be happy to help. I'm due in Houston in a couple of weeks. First thing I'd do is shut the border, COMPLETELY.
More than 1,500 coronavirus-positive migrants released in one week into Texas border town
https://news.yahoo.com/more-1-500-coron ... 00567.html
Coincidence? I think not.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:12 am

They made them quarantine for just two days?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic